Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bills***
(09-22-2019, 05:38 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I saw the play and agree - Legit Gripe- so was the other one, Dude had Andrew Brown in a headlock, took him down and Allen threw for a first down. 

Honestly though, we arguably are the most poorly managed team in the NFL. Our owner sometimes is the only one to vote against some NFL proposals.

Why would the NFL want to help us?

We don't use free agency much.

Look at the Bills - They signed some 22 free agents and Bam...they're 3-0.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was a terrible throw that Tate had about a 0.5 percent chance of catching. 

Let’s not forget that Tate is like 6’7 or something like that so...yea it was just another shitty throw by Dalton when it mattered. I’ve been done with him for years and it’s sickening being ridiculed on here for saying anything negative about the guy. Everyone in the country knows exactly what Dalton brings to the table except for Bengal fans. It’s like a bad twilight episode. This team will never win anything with this guy, never has. Forget all the other issues the team has for a sec and I know it’s many and realize Andy is not the guy.
Reply/Quote
I'm so glad I got into drinking White Claws. #WhiteGirlWasted

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:37 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Most of these fans are ok being losers. I for one am not. 

Boy, did you pick the wrong team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Loser talk. Same kind of mentality that kept Marvin our HC for 16 years.

Loser talk? It’s the truth. The losing started with mike brown and will continue as long as he’s in charge and probably well after. This is not a well run football franchise. It may be a well run business though, pretty sure mike’s making plenty of money off of it
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly though, we arguably are the most poorly managed team in the NFL. Our owner sometimes is the only one to vote against some NFL proposals.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Let’s not forget that Tate is like 6’7 or something like that so...yea it was just another shitty throw by Dalton when it mattered. I’ve been done with him for years and it’s sickening being ridiculed on here for saying anything negative about the guy. Everyone in the country knows exactly what Dalton brings to the table except for Bengal fans. It’s like a bad twilight episode. This team will never win anything with this guy, never has. Forget all the other issues the team has for a sec and I know it’s many and realize Andy is not the guy.

The defense was basically conceding throws over the middle to kill clock...and bam that throw.

Was it catchable? Maybe. But it wasn't a great throw.

Andy just doesn't seem to be clutch.
Reply/Quote
Steelers might win against the Niners. Bottom of the division we goooo

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Loser talk? It’s the truth. The losing started with mike brown and will continue as long as he’s in charge and probably well after. This is not a well run football franchise. It may be a well run business though, pretty sure mike’s making plenty of money off of it

The only bitter consolation is that Mike Brown isn't making as much money as he could be if he actually ran the Bengals in a manner which was more conducive to on-the-field winning.  
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:22 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'm thinking about giving this product up

Talk to your doctor about Bengals. Don't use this product if you have ever felt disaapointed or been excited about anything. Avoid all televised or radio broadcast or newspaper mention about this product and make sure to always get plenty of sleep during product times. Ask your doctor if avoidance of product is right for you. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Loser talk? It’s the truth. The losing started with mike brown and will continue as long as he’s in charge and probably well after. This is not a well run football franchise. It may be a well run business though, pretty sure mike’s making plenty of money off of it

That's the bottom line.

Hiring Taylor AND an inexperienced staff...which is showing in these games. Only 1 team in the league would do that. The right move would have been to bring in Del Rio to coach the defense. Then, add a capable LB and another 1 or 2 guys like Saffold. Send the message that we want to win now.

And DON'T draft a blocking TE in the 2nd Round.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:33 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zac Taylor screaming in locker room “we haven’t gotten ONE break all year. Gave ourselves a chance to win. It’s coming, I promise you”</p>&mdash; Gary Miller (@Local12Gary) <a href="https://twitter.com/Local12Gary/status/1175868916012408832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

If THAT's what he said then he needs to be fired. They are 0-3 because they can't block, can't tackle and largely can't cover. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep - We lack playmakers on defense in a huge way. At all levels.

On offense, the line is bad...and we obviously don't have an elite QB.

Hopefully, the bengals don’t go for the shiny nickel on next years draft and go for a Qb or a another receiver or running back. They need to use every pick on offensive lineman and linebackers. Don’t sign Andy and use his money to bring in high end free agents. They blew this draft going after QB and tight end, how many tight ends do we need, wasted draft this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly though, we arguably are the most poorly managed team in the NFL. Our owner sometimes is the only one to vote against some NFL proposals.

But you don't realize there were no free agents that were going to help the Bengals. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Doesnt matter 2 hand tip is a catchable ball. Bad throw yea but 2 hands is catchable.

0 points 0 first downs in the first half lost thr football game.

It's beyond ridiculous to say that if you can get 2 hands on the ball, it's catchable. 

Think about that for a few minutes and if you need me to explain why it's ridiculous, get back with me. 

I'm not arguing what lost the game. 

What i'm saying is, the QB had the game in his hands to win, and he couldn't get the job done from the red zone. 

Did you notice that the Bills QB drove his team down the field for the go ahead touchdown after his defense gave up a 14 pt lead?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Anybody already figure out potential Draft Tie-Breakers if Dolphins, Jets and Bengals all go 1-15 or is it just a coin toss.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: If THAT's what he said then he needs to be fired. They are 0-3 because they can't block, can't tackle and largely can't cover. 

Good teams make their own luck. Waiting for an opportunity in the NFL, a high competitive, highly talented league is loser mentality. You go out and fight to get what you want. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The only bitter consolation is that Mike Brown isn't making as much money as he could be if he actually ran the Bengals in a manner which was more conducive to on-the-field winning.  

I feel like we've seen enough evidence that the Bengals will be managed this way into the future when he's not calling the shots. The Troy Blackburn rant over people complaining about them keeping Hart was classic.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess these people left the room every time Allen made big plays under pressure...

You’d think every other team has 5 all pros across their OL the way some here act

It's maddening and astounding all at the same time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the bottom line.

Hiring Taylor AND an inexperienced staff...which is showing in these games. Only 1 team in the league would do that. The right move would have been to bring in Del Rio to coach the defense. Then, add a capable LB and another 1 or 2 guys like Saffold. Send the message that we want to win now.

And DON'T draft a blocking TE in the 2nd Round.

Drew Sample had some nice blocks in the second half of this game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote