Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bills***
(09-22-2019, 05:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Change the offensive line.  That’s real change.  Changing quarterbacks is window dressing.

Wrong. You can't just change an entire, or even most of an offensive line but you can replace one guy who has no elusiveness. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
One legit gripe is on the Bills last drive, Andrew Brown had Allen wrapped up and the Tackle had Brown wrapped up and tackled him. Should have been a holding penalty.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Change the offensive line.  That’s real change.  Changing quarterbacks is window dressing.

So just play Dalton until the o-line is good?  The o-line has been priority one for 5 years and it's only gotten worse.  I will admit I can see Mike Brown giving Dalton a 4 year extension and saying "We may as well keep Andy here because the o-line isn't going to be good."

Actually, if we are trying to fix the o-line and the QB is just secondary to all that, wouldn't we want to have a QB on a rookie deal so we could *snicker* use the freed up cap space to invest in the o-line?
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zac Taylor screaming in locker room “we haven’t gotten ONE break all year. Gave ourselves a chance to win. It’s coming, I promise you”</p>&mdash; Gary Miller (@Local12Gary) <a href="https://twitter.com/Local12Gary/status/1175868916012408832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: One legit gripe is on the Bills last drive, Andrew Brown had Allen wrapped up and the Tackle had Brown wrapped up and tackled him. Should have been a holding penalty.

There were many of these non-calls throughout the game.  Brown literally got taken down and tackled on a Pass - Refs didn't even bat an eye
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 0-3 good news we are 2 and 1 ats AJ Green will be returning soon we showed ability to run the ball. We made 2nd half adjustments. Bad news Steelers game is a must win or season over

I don't know if I call 19 carries for 67 yards 'showing the ability to run the ball.'

The team looked better on defense in the 2nd half...but couldn't stop Buffalo when they needed to.
Reply/Quote
this team is years away from competing. They need offensive lineman and linebackers who can in their gap and tackle. How many times did they the the Qb escape. Andy must be 3 ft tall, he constantly gets balls batted down at the line of scrimmage. He panics when pressure is put on, I’m tired of watching this same performance over and over again. It’s now time to move on from Andy and put Finley in. Start planning for n XX year, don’t waste another minute tryout no to make Andy a pro bowl Qb, it’s not going to happen. He’s been average except for 1 year, and average Qb’s don’t go to the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
The Bills without their primary back...had 175 yards rushing against us.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:27 PM)Rattler Wrote: Here's the fix!

[Image: smother-his-ass-zpsprkzpcut.jpg]
[Image: smother.jpg]

I'm concerned that Katie is just Mike Brown in a wig with a loudmouthed husband (she has the husband, the wig doesn't have a husband).
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:27 PM)Synric Wrote: If it hits both hands its catchable...was it a great throw no but it was catchable. Doesnt change the fact they had 0 points and 0 first downs in the first half.

First of all, Tate was open. It was a high throw behind him that he had to jump and reach back for. 

It was an atriocious throw, for being that short and having the receiver open. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The losing started long before Andy and will continue long after he’s gone

Loser talk. Same kind of mentality that kept Marvin our HC for 16 years.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:34 PM)bengals73 Wrote: There were many of these non-calls throughout the game.  Brown literally got taken down and tackled on a Pass - Refs didn't even bat an eye

Yes - To me that's a legit gripe. But, they should have still sacked Allen. We only had 1 sack.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:29 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Sad that most people that call themselves fans are ok with andy and his constant losing

I assure you that I'm also rooting for the Patriots to win a 7th SB and stick it to those smug Steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Change the offensive line. That’s real change. Changing quarterbacks is window dressing.

The most important position is window dressing?

Some of you are too much...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Loser talk. Same kind of mentality that kept Marvin our HC for 16 years.

Most of these fans are ok being losers. I for one am not. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:35 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: this team is years away from competing. They need offensive lineman and linebackers who can in their gap and tackle. How many times did they the the Qb escape. Andy must be 3 ft tall, he constantly gets balls batted down at the line of scrimmage. He panics when pressure is put on, I’m tired of watching this same performance over and over again. It’s now time to move on from Andy and put Finley in. Start planning for n XX year, don’t waste another minute tryout no to make Andy a pro bowl Qb, it’s not going to happen. He’s been average except for 1 year, and average Qb’s don’t go to the super bowl.

Yep - We lack playmakers on defense in a huge way. At all levels.

On offense, the line is bad...and we obviously don't have an elite QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First of all, Tate was open. It was a high throw behind him that he had to jump and reach back for. 

It was an atriocious throw, for being that short and having the receiver open. 

Doesnt matter 2 hand tip is a catchable ball. Bad throw yea but 2 hands is catchable.

0 points 0 first downs in the first half lost thr football game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - To me that's a legit gripe. But, they should have still sacked Allen. We only had 1 sack.

I saw the play and agree - Legit Gripe- so was the other one, Dude had Andrew Brown in a headlock, took him down and Allen threw for a first down. 
Reply/Quote
The defense was on the field an insane amount of time the first half. At one point TOP was 4mins Bengals vs 18mins for the Bills. And the D still held them to 1 TD and 2 FGs despite 2 Bengals turnovers in the first half.

They needed to get the stop at the end, but the offense was so bad for most of the game, I think the D did great considering how the game.unfolded.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wrong. You can't just change an entire, or even most of an offensive line but you can replace one guy who has no elusiveness. 

I guess these people left the room every time Allen made big plays under pressure...

You’d think every other team has 5 all pros across their OL the way some here act

Reply/Quote