Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 3 TV Maps
Sorry Louisville folks, you are out of luck this week due to the double whammy of the Colts-Titans. But a chance for the Carolina people to catch the game

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=3

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:23 PM)pally Wrote: Sorry Louisville folks, you are out of luck this week due to the double whammy of the Colts-Titans. But a chance for the Carolina people to catch the game

Sweet
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:23 PM)pally Wrote: Sorry Louisville folks, you are out of luck this week due to the double whammy of the Colts-Titans.  But a chance for the Carolina people to catch the game

That's why I love Sunday Ticket.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't watch Bengals/Steelers games even if they are showing in my area because I am afraid my TV will never live through it.
Reply/Quote
Surprised Louisville aired the first two games actually.

Shocked as well that its not the Ravens game being shown, know that the other is two regional teams with Tennessee and Indy.

Yet it still a Ravens town until Lamar leaves. Obviously the TV execs didn't realize it though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Sweet

Nice, we both get to watch it on TV this week which is good for my sanity because since I've been down South the streams have been driving me nuts.
Reply/Quote
Hmm. I was thinking last week I'd have the Bears, Bengals game broadcasted in my area (minneapolis). They showed two CBS games, and the single Fox was the Vikings.

This week I do get the Bears, but playing the Browns... And no Bengals, as I get the Chiefs/Chargers. Should be a good game, but not the game I want to watch (although maybe I shouldn't watch the Bengals for my mental health lol).

The stream was in and out last week. Worked well for the 2nd/3rd quarters, but was terrible for the 1st/4th. I might just skip watching the game this week, and watch the Game Rewind after dinner.

They really need to figure out a streaming service for the NFL. I'd pay for Sunday Ticket if I didn't have to get Dish. I just don't watch TV at all other than some Red Wings games and the Bengals. There just aren't any quality shows on cable/dish to warrant a subscription. Well maybe 5% of the shows are good, but there aren't any good comedies or dramas on TV right now. Growing up there used to be a respectable amount of good shows. Now they're all on Netflix or other channels.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Sweet

We actually get to watch here in SC for a change? Well I'll be.. I'll probably forget it's Sunday and think it's still Saturday like last week..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 07:15 AM)grampahol Wrote: We actually get to watch here in SC for a change? Well I'll be.. I'll probably forget it's Sunday and think it's still Saturday like last week..

Lay off the cough syrup gramps.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 07:19 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Lay off the cough syrup gramps.

You know what Mr pretend funny guy? You could always kiss the part of my body excrement comes from..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 07:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: You know what Mr pretend funny guy? You could always kiss the part of my body excrement comes from..

Sorry gramps, that wasn't meant to be offensive man, I hope you know that?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:06 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Hmm. I was thinking last week I'd have the Bears, Bengals game broadcasted in my area (minneapolis). They showed two CBS games, and the single Fox was the Vikings.

This week I do get the Bears, but playing the Browns... And no Bengals, as I get the Chiefs/Chargers. Should be a good game, but not the game I want to watch (although maybe I shouldn't watch the Bengals for my mental health lol).

The stream was in and out last week. Worked well for the 2nd/3rd quarters, but was terrible for the 1st/4th. I might just skip watching the game this week, and watch the Game Rewind after dinner.

They really need to figure out a streaming service for the NFL. I'd pay for Sunday Ticket if I didn't have to get Dish. I just don't watch TV at all other than some Red Wings games and the Bengals. There just aren't any quality shows on cable/dish to warrant a subscription. Well maybe 5% of the shows are good, but there aren't any good comedies or dramas on TV right now. Growing up there used to be a respectable amount of good shows. Now they're all on Netflix or other channels.

I'll go into total media blackout from 1-4, then watch it on Game Pass. I actually don't mind that, as once the game starts you kind of forget it's not live, but the worst thing about it is you can't watch any of the other 1 PM games because they keep showing scores. I wish there was an option where you could watch other games without the spoilers.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 11:06 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'd pay for Sunday Ticket if I didn't have to get Dish.

It appears that Amazon has shown interest in acquiring the rights to Sunday Ticket when the DirecTV contract expires in 2022.  That would bring in a much larger market than DirecTV.  Rumors are Disney is interested as well.  Either way I'm fairly certain DirecTV will no longer have the rights in 2022.  

It will be interesting to see how another service prices the package compared to DirecTV.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:25 PM)Earendil Wrote: I can't watch Bengals/Steelers games even if they are showing in my area because I am afraid my TV will never live through it.

Underrated post^^^^
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:33 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It appears that Amazon has shown interest in acquiring the rights to Sunday Ticket when the DirecTV contract expires in 2022.  That would bring in a much larger market than DirecTV.  Rumors are Disney is interested as well.  Either way I'm fairly certain DirecTV will no longer have the rights in 2022.  

It will be interesting to see how another service prices the package compared to DirecTV.

This will be a game changer. Whatever streaming service gets it will rake in the dough. I think Disney could be the ones to get it. Don't they already have ESPN? I'm not a big fan of Amazon. Might have to be if they get the rights..
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 10:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: This will be a game changer. Whatever streaming service gets it will rake in the dough. I think Disney could be the ones to get it. Don't they already have ESPN? I'm not a big fan of Amazon. Might have to be if they get the rights..

You are right, Disney owns the majority of ESPN and it seems the Disney+ service has defiantly taken off.  A quick search on number of global subscribers shows 116 million for Disney+. So Disney is defiantly a contender especially since like you said they own ESPN.  As we know ESPN has been the provider for Monday Night Football for some time now.  

A quick search shows Amazon has 200 million global subscribers.  Amazon has been streaming select Thursday night games since 2017.  It was announced in May Amazon will be the exclusive provider of Thursday Night Football starting in 2022 and through 2033.  So the NFL also seems interested in working with Amazon.

Personally I would prefer Amazon get it as I'm already a Prime subscriber and I'd rather not subscribe to Disney+ if I wanted to purchase Sunday Ticket.  I may not even be interested in Sunday Ticket anyway as I live in the Cincinnati area so I can always watch Bengals games.  But if the price was right I might purchase it just to have a choice of other games to watch when the Bengals are not playing. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
A story out this morning says NFL is leaning towards Apple TV to get Sunday Ticket. ATT doesn't want or can't afford to renew it for Direct TV. They already have partnerships with Disney (ESPN) and Amazon (thursday night football and Amazon Web Services) so awarding it to Apple opens up another streaming source

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 12:52 PM)pally Wrote: A story out this morning says NFL is leaning towards Apple TV to get Sunday Ticket. ATT doesn't want or can't afford to renew it for Direct TV. They already have partnerships with Disney (ESPN) and Amazon (thursday night football and Amazon Web Services) so awarding it to Apple opens up another streaming source

So long as we still get it via our cable provider here in Canada, I'm not complaining Wink

If it goes to streaming, I'll be beyond-pissed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 12:52 PM)pally Wrote: A story out this morning says NFL is leaning towards Apple TV  to get Sunday Ticket.  ATT doesn't want or can't afford to renew it for Direct TV.  They already have partnerships with Disney (ESPN) and Amazon (thursday night football and Amazon Web Services) so awarding it to Apple opens up another streaming source

Interesting.  I just looked that up and The Athletic stated:

Quote:Under consideration from Apple is adding choices like allowing fans to buy just one team’s out-of-market games, or perhaps even standalone games, sources said.

That might be a good thing for out-of-market Bengals fans.  So instead of paying the full price for all of Sunday Ticket they could just subscribe to the Bengals games for a reduced price.  I think Apple TV+ is $5.00 a month. So it would be $5.00 a month plus whatever the package cost for the games.  I have a year free because I bought a new iPhone several months ago and they tossed that in.  It's okay, not great.  I don't watch it very often. I probably won't renew when the free year ends.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 01:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Interesting.  I just looked that up and The Athletic stated:

That might be a good thing for out-of-market Bengals fans.  So instead of paying the full price for all of Sunday Ticket they could just subscribe to the Bengals games for a reduced price.  I think Apple TV+ is $5.00 a month.  So it would be $5.00 a month plus whatever the package cost for the games.  I have a year free because I bought a new iPhone several months ago and they tossed that in.  It's okay, not great.  I don't watch it very often.  I probably won't renew when the free year ends.

You would think a la carte is coming, it seems inevitable and logical. My gut instinct is, they want to continue to maximize profits as long as possible by having a company pay billions before they pare it down to a package or game. 

EDIT: The NFL, that is. I wonder if they'd allow a provider to dice it up like that on their own or not. I guess if they're paying that much for the rights, they should have the option.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote