Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Falcons***
(09-30-2018, 05:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Every team in the league knows it's the Dalton to AJ show...  yet here we are.

Not today it wasn't. AJ cashed the big play there but today was more the Andy to everyone especially Tyler Boyd show.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:32 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Sending all my best to Eifert, looked a real bad one. Speedy recovery Tyler!

This, however I'm guessing his NFL career has come to an end, and he will be missed.

He has had some incredibly bad luck with freaky bad injuries.

He needs to recover and hang them up before he suffers any more long term damage.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:33 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Boyd gets the game ball today.

No doubt.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:33 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Even with AJ getting the winning TD, Game Ball should go to Boyd. Couldn't have happened without him today!

His new nickname is clutch
Reply/Quote
Colts just won in overtime.
Reply/Quote
Btw Julio still doesn’t have a TD this season.

Reply/Quote
Other than being bummed about Eifert, I don't care about anything negative that happened, I just love this win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Next week we get back VB AND Mixin Joe to mix it up.  Too bad we lose Eifert, but getting Joe and Vontez back will be huge.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Btw Julio still doesn’t have a TD this season.

Ross has two. Maybe they’ll trade. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This, however I'm guessing his NFL career has come to an end, and he will be missed.

He needs to recover and hang them up before he suffers any more long term damage.

Yep, that would be a long road back.  Time to go on to the next phase of life and forget about the NFL.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Maybe, just maybe, with Burfict returning, the defensive issues will get sorted out. He is our player-coach, and I pray that he manages to stay on the field for the entire season. Imagine how good this team can be with a decent defense, game in and game out.

And my hat is off to Mr. Dalton. Very well done.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:38 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Colts just won in overtime.

Are you from the future?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This, however I'm guessing his NFL career has come to an end, and he will be missed.

I don't know if it's the end for him, but it's definitely a tough break .  I hope they don't just write him off bc if his ankle heals well he may still have some great years ahead . 

We get the next 6 of 8 games at the Paul.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nice win today.  Shutouts are impressive no matter who against

What shutout?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:40 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Maybe, just maybe, with Burfict returning, the defensive issues will get sorted out. He is our player-coach, and I pray that he manages to stay on the field for the entire season. Imagine how good this team can be with a decent defense, game in and game out.

And my hat is off to Mr. Dalton. Very well done.

what if.. just what if, with Burfict's return, it messes up our D's chemistry and success.  Twitch
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What shutout?

The Bengals. No I was responding to packerbacker. I thought they got a shutout.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Unbelievable
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You and Arturo need to get to bed soon. LOL

I don't sleep much :p

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:43 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: what if.. just what if, with Burfict's return, it messes up our D's chemistry and success.  Twitch

IN 2015, weren't we 8-0 without him and 4-4 with him (4-5 counting the postseason)?
Reply/Quote
The D issues are as much schematic as they are player related. We play too much zone and that zone is too soft. This in turn makes it very hard for the little pressure our DL generates to get there. Add in our utter inability to actually recover fumbles and catch INTs and the current train wreck is the result.
Reply/Quote