Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 4 MNF
So, the Bengals are likely to get destroyed on the road in Buffalo next week. And I don't see pitt winning on the road in SF, plus Piggy is developing a mysterious ailment (again) grasping his bicep after a few throws yesterday and, ultimately, coming out of the game. Guess he didn't plan on his backup looking much better than him. But, I digress.

So, here is your week 4 MNF matchup:

0-3 Cincy travels to 0-3 pitt.

The question: Has the NFL ever flexed out a MNF game? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's going to be ugly, I wonder when the last time to winless teams have been on MNF 4 weeks into the season....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
LMAO!!! I can't wait to see the MNF hype commercials for that!
Reply/Quote
if you don't think the stoolers won't beat our rag tag O line and dictate the game, you are dilusional as hell!!!

Reply/Quote
Big Ben is going on IR..he is having surgery and will out for the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:23 PM)RASCAL Wrote: if you don't think the stoolers won't beat our rag tag O line and dictate the game, you are dilusional as hell!!!

Nobody has said that in this thread. If you look real hard you can probably find a thread that does talk about the oline. 

As to the OP: If you want to Crown the Bills, Crown 'em. ZT needs a "We're on to Buffalo" statement. The Pats have been in every Superbowl but one since Bill uttered the "We're on to Cincinnati" words after they were blown out
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Big Ben out, but Bengals D will likely make a star out his backup. We typically do.

What will really be upsetting is seeing the monster game from Devin Bush.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Big Ben out, but Bengals D will likely make a star out his backup. We typically do.

What will really be upsetting is seeing the monster game from Devin Bush.

What leads you to believe that Bush will have a monster game? Is it because how good the Steeler's D has looked this year with him on the team? I mean he does have the team currently at 29 in the NFL in total Defense and 27 in scoring. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Makes next weeks game at Buffalo even more important. We need to get the win because we will have a great chance at home vs. Pittsburgh and inexperienced QB.
Reply/Quote
If we lose to Buffalo and then lose to the Steelers with Mason Rudolph at QB... Its time to bench Dalton and see what Finley can do.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 09:41 AM)corpjet Wrote: It's going to be ugly, I wonder when the last time to winless teams have been on MNF 4 weeks into the season....

I remember in the Sam Wyche era going to Seattle 3-0 to play and 0-3 Seattle team and getting spanked.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What leads you to believe that Bush will have a monster game? Is it because how good the Steeler's D has looked this year with him on the team? I mean he does have the team currently at 29 in the NFL in total Defense and 27 in scoring. 

I didn't say how good the Steelers D will be looking. I said him looking good, and he has looked good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:14 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: LMAO!!!  I can't wait to see the MNF hype commercials for that!

They'll take the "rivalry" angle, show all sorts of hard hits, promote bad blood between the organization, likely say something like "When these two teams meet, you can throw the records out the window, etc., etc.".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didnt even know they had a Monday night game. I just assumed the Thursday nighter was the only one because all teams get one.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They'll take the "rivalry" angle, show all sorts of hard hits, promote bad blood between the organization, likely say something like "When these two teams meet, you can throw the records out the window, etc., etc.".

Ha, when these two teams meet you can throw their 0-3 records out the window and please don't change the channel!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They'll take the "rivalry" angle, show all sorts of hard hits, promote bad blood between the organization, likely say something like "When these two teams meet, you can throw the records out the window, etc., etc.".

As long as I get to see a clip of Peko, cape flowing behind him, running onto the field like a fat, Samoan Dracula, I'll tune in.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals are going to start the season 0-4 but I still stand by my original 9-7 prediction.
Reply/Quote
Would be nice if this team could luck into a win at Buf and face a subpar Pitt team without Roethlisberger and get to 2-2. The division is the Ravens to lose but with that so far they have played two absolute garbage teams.
Reply/Quote
Forecast - Mid 70s with a chance of CTE.
Reply/Quote
For real though, has a Monday night game ever been flexed? Can they flex MNF games? Was talking about this exact scenario myself last night with a buddy.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote