Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 4 PFF Analysis - Offensive Line
(09-30-2022, 10:46 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF Player Grades are for casual football fans. Now their analytics department is top notch and that's coming from a guy that hates football stats.

They genuinely do a great job at aggregating a wide variety of metrics. It’s the only reason I have a membership. Some of the stuff I can calculate on my own, but others I can’t access otherwise.
Reply/Quote
Every offensive linemang to get beaten or pushed back during a game, the other side is getting paid. Last night I actually thought pass protection was pretty damn good. I don't get their grades nor do I really care to either. JB had time to throw, we won that is all that matters. I do think we will get better at running the ball.
Reply/Quote
PFF grades anymore are starting to sound like the same  ABC grades they give teams the day after the draft..Pointless nonsense to hear their own heads rattle.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 06:25 PM)Housh Wrote: PFF ratings are a non factor imo. They graded everyone poorly and i have no idea why. Burrow escaped maybe 2 or 3 sacks but besides that i felt he had extraordinary time in the pocket. I think Burrow was a bit surprised because i counted 2 plays where he could’ve taken a deep shot but ended up checking it down

Yeah, run blocking was bad, but I can't fault them on their pass pro. What I saw last night was a line giving Burrow at least adequate time to find an open receiver. I would imagine we would have more open receivers if opposing defenses feared our running game.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yet more proof that PFF is trash. When the QB has abundant time, doesn't even get hit a lot or really pressured and says himself that this was the best pass protection he's had as a pro then PFF craps all over the line you know PFF is at issue.

Burrow didn't have an abundance of time often. Especially in the middle part of the game. Early & late? Yep. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 06:25 PM)Housh Wrote: PFF ratings are a non factor imo. They graded everyone poorly and i have no idea why. Burrow escaped maybe 2 or 3 sacks but besides that i felt he had extraordinary time in the pocket. I think Burrow was a bit surprised because i counted 2 plays where he could’ve taken a deep shot but ended up checking it down

Yep..and not entirely sure his internal clock is on time. His long ball was slightly under thrown a couple times and his accuracy was just off a tad due to some rushed throws.  Still don’t think he’s trusting his line 100% yet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 05:02 PM)treee Wrote: I have basically written off PFF for lineman at this point. Last night was their best game so far this year.

(09-30-2022, 05:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow said it was the best pocket he’s had since entering the NFL. I get that PFF is focusing on each individual player more than the fans are, but those grades are hard to agree with. You’d think they were absolutely awful looking at those numbers.

Yeah, my eye test didn't see anything like that lol

Those are crazy low numbers for their best game of the season in pass protection by far.

Cappa played way better than that if I just wanted to single out a player.
Reply/Quote