Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Cardinals***
(10-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor has made the Bengals very competitive — in the NFC West!

SOB you had me for a second. Hilarious
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Holy crap, Vikings just robbed by the officials against KC. Picked up the DPI flag and failed to call PF on KC defender for removing his helmet.

You could see him telling him to put his helmet back on. What a joke.
Reply/Quote
Yeah this KC favoritism is getting bad. Doesn’t matter who they are playing

Picked up the flag for PI/took helmet off but no flag/missed blatant hands to the face. This is a real issue for the league’s credibility.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You could see him telling him to put his helmet back on. What a joke.

Yup.  I read his lips before the announcers said it, and I was stunned by that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They only won this game, I must say because I went out in the shop, made fun of them when things were terrible, put up some insulation then came back inside just in time to see Cam with the pick6..
I'll forgive you all if you don't send me trainloads of your money.. I'd just spend it on useless crap anyway. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yeah this KC favoritism is getting bad. Doesn’t matter who they are playing

Picked up the flag for PI/took helmet off but no flag/missed blatant hands to the face. This is a real issue for the league’s credibility.

…and I thought Pittsburgh and New England got favorable calls. KC has them beat.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:13 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Chiefs seem to be getting bailed out by the refs again shocker.

[Image: yes-girl.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Yeah this KC favoritism is getting bad. Doesn’t matter who they are playing

You think they’d be more aware after the joke that was the Detroit game
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: They only won this game, I must say because I went out in the shop, made fun of them when things were terrible, put up some insulation then came back inside just in time to see Cam with the pick6..
I'll forgive you all if you don't send me trainloads of your money.. I'd just spend it on useless crap anyway. Cool

You only get credit for comebacks against Seattle when you go fishing.  BTW, they are our next opponent, so make sure you have plenty of bait this week, just in case!
Reply/Quote
Incidentally we are now the THIRD worst rush defense in the NFL as opposed to THE worst. By YPC I think we're the worst still. Add in the explosive plays let up and the bad tackling and even with the big plays this defense has MAJOR issues. I'm just being realistic.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You think they’d be more aware after the joke that was the Detroit game

Or the Jets game where they weren’t going to let the golden boy and Mr Swift lose on national television.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You only get credit for comebacks against Seattle when you go fishing.  BTW, they are our next opponent, so make sure you have plenty of bait this week, just in case!

Some things just never die, do they?  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 07:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That is a terrible and amateur take.  Do better bro.

Without his penalty, the Chiefs would have made a fg? Chief, buddy, pal
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 09:40 PM)125250 Wrote: Without his penalty, the Chiefs would have made a fg? Chief, buddy, pal

If Bates didnt leave the middle of the field KC doesnt score the 2nd TD.  If Burrow made a great pass on every attempt we would have won.  Hurst missed a TD throw.  The punt was bad.  The refs could have called 10 penalties in the last 2 minutes on KC.

One play doesnt lose a game.  It is DUMB to say it does, it is even dumber to say cut a kid with Ossai's potential.  

It was a very childish and amateur comment.  Act like you have watched the NFL for more than just last year. C'mon man.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 08:13 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It baffled me that people thought the problems were a lot bigger tbh. Joe Burrow getting back to not being limited is all that was holding this team back. These guys didn't just forget how to play in this league overnight. 

Mehhh 
Mostly agree - but, I still think we as a team have regressed in several key areas

1. Tight End position - not even close
2. Nick Scott - OMG! 
3. Perine vs C. Brown & Willliams - not even close
4. Boyd (who I love) seems to have taken a step back and Tee seems a little off this year 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 09:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If Bates didnt leave the middle of the field KC doesnt score the 2nd TD.  If Burrow made a great pass on every attempt we would have won.  Hurst missed a TD throw.  The punt was bad.  The refs could have called 10 penalties in the last 2 minutes on KC.

One play doesnt lose a game.  It is DUMB to say it does, it is even dumber to say cut a kid with Ossai's potential.  

It was a very childish and amateur comment.  Act like you have watched the NFL for more than just last year. C'mon man.

You can have him on your team. I can’t stand him. At that time I the game, the Bengals had the Chiefs stopped. It was going to overtime. He’s own teammate was enraged by what he did. I’m quite sure, he was not the only one. That was inexcusable. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:35 AM)125250 Wrote: You can have him on your team. I can’t stand him. At that time I the game, the Bengals had the Chiefs stopped. It was going to overtime. He’s own teammate was enraged by what he did. I’m quite sure, he was not the only one. That was inexcusable. 

You obviously have not been around ball and that is sad.  This is kind of embarrassing to even discuss.  Pratt apologized for his childish response.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: Mehhh 
Mostly agree - but, I still think we as a team have regressed in several key areas

1. Tight End position - not even close
2. Nick Scott - OMG! 
3. Perine vs C. Brown & Willliams - not even close
4. Boyd (who I love) seems to have taken a step back and Tee seems a little off this year 

I think with point 4, we may see those guys pick up once Burrow does. Takes two to tango and all that. Fingers crossed anyway.

Agree with 1-3, but I think those are overcomeable. I don't personally think those are what puts us out of Super Bowl contention. What's been putting us out is Joe Burrow's calf, but hopefully the corner is turned.
Reply/Quote