Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Cardinals***
I know there is no way of knowing where they will pick or who will be there but they need to get a guard maybe in the second round. Trade up if you have to but guards generally don’t go in the first so get a good one in the second after taking a OT in the first. They badly need it.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: Do some of you watch the game? It was literally just the DE looping back in on a stunt. Mixon is not staying because they only did a 4 man rush and 5 blockers should be able to pick it up. 

Mixon ran right by the blitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:41 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Reason I Hate 4:00 Games #1252

If I forget to start the oven in the second quarter, I won't have dinner at halftime and will have to wait until after 7:00 to eat.

That's why I like making dinner in a crock pot on days like this.  Fire it up in the morning on low and dinner whenever I'm ready for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:41 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is still the RB job to stay and chip on the block.  That’s their read.  It doesn’t matter if the blitz is on the inside our outside.  Their job is to stay and block.  

You can't make that statement.  There is not a guarantee that a RB will have a blocking responsibility on a pass play, and unless you are privy to our playbook and what was called in the huddle, you don't know what the RB was assigned to do.
Reply/Quote
Getting the ball after halftime needs to yield a score.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: Do some of you watch the game? It was literally just the DE looping back in on a stunt. Mixon is not staying because they only did a 4 man rush and 5 blockers should be able to pick it up. 

I swear, I dont know what they are watching sometimes.  It isnt like they cant rewind it back and rewatch it....

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:44 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's why I like making dinner in a crock pot on days like this.  Fire it up in the morning on low and dinner whenever I'm ready for it.

what is in it today?
Reply/Quote
You still stay in as the back and pick up any free rusher. This is exactly why Mixon sucks as a pass protector and before he buckled down and learned it so did Perine. Stay in and provide extra protection.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:44 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's why I like making dinner in a crock pot on days like this.  Fire it up in the morning on low and dinner whenever I'm ready for it.

Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to do that.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to do that.

George can DM you as reminder.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: what is in it today?

Mississippi pot roast.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You can't make that statement.  There is not a guarantee that a RB will have a blocking responsibility on a pass play, and unless you are privy to our playbook and what was called in the huddle, you don't know what the RB was assigned to do.

Sure I can…it’s basic football especially when this damn team cannot convert on third down. A good coach would have the RB in to help block. We did it last year with Perrin and in the past Bernard. Right now no one is showing up to fill that vacated role

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: You still stay in as the back and pick up any free rusher. This is exactly why Mixon sucks as a pass protector and before he buckled down and learned it so did Perine. Stay in and provide extra protection.

Oh we can’t criticize Mixon around here. He sucks as a RB

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Sure I can…it’s basic football especially when this damn team cannot convert on third down.  A good coach would have the RB in to help block.  We did it last year with Perrin and in the past Bernard.  Right now no one is showing up to fill that vacated role

Exactly, When your back does not pick up the free rusher EVER it is either bad play design or the back is incompetent at pass protection. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 06:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Mississippi pot roast.

What makes it Mississippi?
Reply/Quote
Anyone else pleasantly surprised they didn’t go 3 and out
Reply/Quote
WOW!

Reply/Quote
!!!!!!!!!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
‘Bout time!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
WE'RE BACK
Reply/Quote