Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
(10-10-2022, 12:34 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Disappointed in defense but how many games on the road we winning scoring 17 to 20, easily  could have been 17 to 21 to nothing early, blame to go around , but defense is still playing like last year 2nd half, offense is not..

For the most part defense has been tremendous. But it’s ridiculous to ignore the fact that in 3 out of 3 losses the defense folded the drives that it mattered most.
Reply/Quote
The defense plays well BEFORE the end of the 4th quarter or OT then they always implode. All three losses involve the defense letting very pedestrian offenses march right down the field to beat us at the gun. So that means they are NOT a good defense because good defenses CLOSE GAMES OUT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:35 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: What?  He gets down to the 2 and then acts like a 7 year calling plays on Madden.  

That should have been Samaje Perine pounding it in from there. Don’t get cute. Set up behind a jumbo package and run it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:32 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: EXACTLY

this is all on the offense and offensive coaching

holding the ravens to 19 points should mean a victory when you have an offense that is considered top 10 in talent

I think this can be worked out, but the losses are piling up.  

If an offensive play caller can't score points with this group, then he needs to be replaced as a play caller/designer.  

I like Zac as a culture guy and a locker room CEO.  I can't say the same for his game management. 

There's zero chance that they fire Zac, but they need to save the team from some of the things he does.  Protect this guy from himself.  This team will not have this cornucopia of skill talent for long.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:33 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’m not ignoring the offense or Zac Taylor leaving points on the board.  You do know we play other NFL defenses right?  Out of 3 of our losses, how many did the defense give up game ending fgs?

The Bengals are the only team in the NFL to not have a 2nd half TD scored against them. Other factors play into it but they are a good unit. The red zone channel in the final few minutes of the 1 o'clock games is crazy for fantasy football. Because it is tough to stop teams at the end of games.
Reply/Quote
The board after a loss:

Half the board - We suck. There goes the playoffs.

Half the board - Close losses are wins. Look how well we played for Half the game!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:37 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: For the most part defense has been tremendous.   But it’s ridiculous to ignore the fact that in 3 out of 3 losses the defense folded the drives that it mattered most.

the blame falls on offense

you're reaching to find other stuff to complain about. The defense does it's job. The offense does not. All the metrics and numbers and eye tests back it up
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That should have been Samaje Perine pounding it in from there.  Don’t get cute.  Set up behind a jumbo package and run it.

Zac just doesn't have the feel to be a playcaller.

Whoever scripts the 1st quarter plays too...is terrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:37 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: For the most part defense has been tremendous.   But it’s ridiculous to ignore the fact that in 3 out of 3 losses the defense folded the drives that it mattered most.

Bengals' D folds like a cheap suit on last minute drives.  Three games this season and the Superbowl last season as well.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes once again ignore the offense playing like a bottom 12 unit

No one is ignoring the offensive problems. But the defense doesn't get a gold star for already giving up three game winning scores in only 5 games. A REAL good defense CLOSES GAMES OUT. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That should have been Samaje Perine pounding it in from there. Don’t get cute. Set up behind a jumbo package and run it.

Agree. Within 5 should be Perine + play action with Hurst involved.
Reply/Quote
People are blaming the defense?

Are you shitting me?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:39 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: the blame falls on offense

you're reaching to find other stuff to complain about. The defense does it's job. The offense does not. All the metrics and numbers and eye tests back it up

The defense has been on the field for 3 out of 3 losses. They’ve given up drives 3 out of 3 times for fgs to lose those games. Dispute that with your metrics.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:40 AM)Joelist Wrote: No one is ignoring the offensive problems. But the defense doesn't get a gold star for already giving up three game winning scores in only 5 games. A REAL good defense CLOSES GAMES OUT. 

the bengals offense is playing like the texans offense. Texans are winless

bengals defense has been carrying the team all year
Reply/Quote

I agree. But, the offense should have scored way more points against the Steelers and Ravens.

The coaches have no clue how to attack cover 2.
Reply/Quote
We have really good players and really bad coaches. Period!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:37 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You mean the KC team that scored 17 vs a BAD colts team?

In 4 games the chiefs have scores 44, 27, 17, and 41.... what's the Bengals offensive scores?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:41 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: the bengals offense is playing like the texans offense. Texans are winless

bengals defense has been carrying the team all year

No doubt. If our defense was worse, we'd be in trouble.
Reply/Quote
complaining about the defense during the last part of the games BUT what about the offense stinking for MOST of the game?

I feel like the unit that is stinking the large majority of the time should get way more blame here
Reply/Quote
I'm for running it on 1st down and I also was for us kicking it on 4th in a 13-10 game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1st down: quick pick-play throw<br>2nd down: philly special<br>3rd and long: He gets to read the field<br>4th down: Shovel pass<br><br>You're taking the ball OUT of Burrow's hands/mind</p>&mdash; Goodberry (@JoeGoodberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1579298390776897537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 10, 2022</a></blockquote>
Reply/Quote