Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
(10-10-2022, 12:47 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: no no its the defenses fault
Ninja

It's is their fault. They literally got the ball ran down their throat and took it..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:49 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati defense allows 16.4 points per game.  That’s sixth best in the NFL.

no, it's their fault

ignore the bad offense with all the talent playing like crap
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:48 AM)Tony Wrote: Some of you guys are positive trolls. This season is over and you know it..

Lol, not a troll. Its just a fact ser.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:46 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: why is the joe burrow offense under performing for 90% of the game?

why does that get a pass? The defense plays elite for 90% of the game

you're not really grasping logic

Offense plays well enough for us to be in a position to win 2 out of 3 of these losses. Special teams blew the first loss 2x and defense gave up walk off fgs 3 out of 3 times for losses. Defense has yet to close out a close game.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:47 AM)Joelist Wrote: We are more than one game back. We lost the tiebreaker to the Rats and also a hyper important AFC game. Playoffs are now VERY unlikely. 

Very true. But  not over yet,

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:47 AM)J24 Wrote: The game was lost in the first Quarter. Can't go down 10 to start the game and expect to win against a team like Baltimore.

The game was lost Friday with this jackass calling plays. It’s not a coincidence we are the worst team in the NFL in the first quarter. The script is not working. We’re not turning the ball over constantly, we’re not dropping wide open passes. Heck when was the last time we even saw a player schemed to be wide open. This team has serious issues at the leadership level. Too many stars on this team and coaching is one big freakin cloud keeping them from shining.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:51 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Offense plays well enough for us to be in a position to win 2 out of 3 of these losses.  Special teams blew the first loss 2x and defense gave up walk off fgs 3 out of 3 times for losses.  Defense has yet to close out a close game.

you mean the defense

you're way past saving. Go to sleep
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:38 AM)samhain Wrote: I think this can be worked out, but the losses are piling up.  

If an offensive play caller can't score points with this group, then he needs to be replaced as a play caller/designer.  

I like Zac as a culture guy and a locker room CEO.  I can't say the same for his game management. 

There's zero chance that they fire Zac, but they need to save the team from some of the things he does.  Protect this guy from himself.  This team will not have this cornucopia of skill talent for long.
Lol ya ok...Wait till they play the meat of the schedule. This isn't even a 500 team. I'm guessing 5 wins at most 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:49 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati defense allows 16.4 points per game.  That’s sixth best in the NFL.

Haven't given up a single 2nd half TD in 5 games.  Problem is offense X 1000.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:51 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Very true. But  not over yet,

Lol. ITS 100% over. This was the joke part of the schedule.. This team was a fluke last year..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: you mean the defense

you're way past saving. Go to sleep

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Tell me that if we don’t make that xp vs Pitts that we don’t win that game….

Burrow drives for a late TD to take the lead…tell me if the defense does not allow a drive for a fg we don’t win that game.

You can’t…because it’s all true.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 11:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Run the ball on first and maybe second.  What a dog shi* series of playcalls.  No excuse

the play calling is unexcusable for sure
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:55 AM)matmaven Wrote: Haven't given up a single 2nd half TD in 5 games.  Problem is offense X 1000.

how people just ignore this is mind boggling
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:55 AM)matmaven Wrote: Haven't given up a single 2nd half TD in 5 games.  Problem is offense X 1000.

Good teams find ways to win…offense, defense…whatever. 2 out of 3 games we lost this year offense did just enough to give us a chance to win. Sure it would have been great to score 50+. But that’s not our offense. Defense plays good enough to give our offense a chance to win in the end but has folded 3 out of 3 of our losses at the end when it mattered.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: I know Chase and Burrow critiques are off limits for you but you late to see Chase doesn't look like the dominant player he was last year....

Well no shit. Teams are literally selling out to take Chase away. It’s up to Taylor and Callahan to adjust. That’s the job if you want to be a HC/OC in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:53 AM)Tony Wrote: Lol ya ok...Wait till they play the meat of the schedule. This isn't even a 500 team. I'm guessing 5 wins at most 

Geez Tony you are insufferable.  You made 37 posts guaranteeing a loss starting in the 1st quarter, we almost pulled it out despite Zac.  Every game you lose your shit. Now we will only win 5 games?

Serious question; are you bipolar?  Throughout the week you have some decent football talk, but on game day you completely struggle with the worst possible defeatist attitude.  Calm down my man, before you have a heart attack or aneurysm.  

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:59 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Good teams find ways to win…offense, defense…whatever.  2 out of 3 games we lost this year offense did just enough to give us a chance to win.  Sure it would have been great to score 50+. But that’s not our offense.   Defense plays good enough to give our offense a chance to win in the end but has folded 3 out of 3 of our losses at the end when it mattered.

AND THATS A PROBLEM

this should be an offense that hangs with the elites

but they're playing like Houston

keep giving them a pass though

6th best defense in the league? Yea, blame them instead
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:45 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Can you believe w e are only 1 game back?

Yes, I mean we've played 1 legit starting QB all year and it was a guy who missed two wide open TDs.  All we have to do is beat Andy Dalton next week and we're back in it.
Reply/Quote
But the bubble!
Reply/Quote

That is absolutely true and given how much time the defense spends on the field this statistic is absolutely miraculous. They have to go in after a lot of three and outs by the offense.
Reply/Quote