Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
(10-10-2022, 12:59 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Good teams find ways to win…offense, defense…whatever.  2 out of 3 games we lost this year offense did just enough to give us a chance to win.  Sure it would have been great to score 50+. But that’s not our offense.   Defense plays good enough to give our offense a chance to win in the end but has folded 3 out of 3 of our losses at the end when it mattered.

Not whatever.  D is one of the best in the league and the offense is hot garbage.  They have given up ZERO second half TDs. ZERO.  And they are on the field a lot with all of the 3 and outs from the O.    
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:00 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: AND THATS A PROBLEM

this should be an offense that hangs with the elites

but they're playing like Houston

keep giving them a pass though

6th best defense in the league? Yea, blame them instead

How? How are they an elite offense? A no experience hack of a play caller with a piece meal bunch of scrub o-lineman. Zero depth at WR if we lose Boyd, Higgins, or Chase and a washed up RB that can’t break one GD tackle. This is not an elite offense..not by any stretch of the imagination. They are a drive down the field when it matters and give the defense a chance to close the game out type of offense. They’ve done it 2 out of our 3 losses. If not for a blocked xp and a defensive stop today we are easily 4-1.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:02 AM)matmaven Wrote: Not whatever.  D is one of the best in the league and the offense is hot garbage.  They have given up ZERO second half TDs. ZERO.  And they are on the field a lot with all of the 3 and outs from the O.    

No one is excusing the offense or saying the D is awful or such. What they are saying - correctly - is that the D has a major issue closing games out. This goes back to the Super Bowl (although they got ref screwed there). The great defenses close games out - they don't allow game winning scores 4 times in the last 6 outings. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:05 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: How?  How are they an elite offense?  A no experience hack of a play caller with a piece meal bunch of scrub o-lineman.  Zero depth at WR if we lose Boyd, Higgins, or Chase and a washed up RB that can’t break one GD tackle.  This is not an elite offense..not by any stretch of the imagination.  They are a drive down the field when it matters and give the defense a chance to close the game out type of offense.  They’ve done it 2 out of our 3 losses.  If not for a blocked xp and a defensive stop today we are easily 4-1.

you're an awful poster and im sick of you

that's really all there is to say at this point

peace and love, my brother in christ. I hope you find the help you need
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: No one is excusing the offense or saying the D is awful or such. What they are saying - correctly - is that the D has a major issue closing games out. This goes back to the Super Bowl (although they got ref screwed there). The great defenses close games out - they don't allow game winning scores 4 times in the last 6 outings. 

no touchdowns allowed in the 2nd half. If you tell me a Burrow defense is allowing 16.4 points a game, you'd presume they'd be undefeated

but no. The offense isnt doing it's part. The defense is doing all it can to keep the offense in the game, and the offense constantly under performs

a bottom 12 offense the bengals have, and you people are criticizing the defense? 16.4 points a game? not 2nd half touchdowns allowed?

this is sickening
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Geez Tony you are insufferable.  You made 37 posts guaranteeing a loss starting in the 1st quarter, we almost pulled it out despite Zac.  Every game you lose your shit. Now we will only win 5 games?

Serious question; are you bipolar?  Throughout the week you have some decent football talk, but on game day you completely struggle with the worst possible defeatist attitude.  Calm down my man, before you have a heart attack or aneurysm.  

Him and Ruben are the same person. Or booty brothers..... idk

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're an awful poster and im sick of you

that's really all there is to say at this point

peace and love, my brother in christ. I hope you find the help you need

Not one time have you been able to dispute what I’ve said…not once. So you have to resort to insults…very Christlike.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:09 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not one time have you been able to dispute what I’ve said…not once.  So you have to resort to insults…very Christlike.

why havent you responded to what matmaven told you?

because you dont have a logical answer
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: No one is excusing the offense or saying the D is awful or such. What they are saying - correctly - is that the D has a major issue closing games out. This goes back to the Super Bowl (although they got ref screwed there). The great defenses close games out - they don't allow game winning scores 4 times in the last 6 outings. 

Pretty sure you have posted in game threads they are the worst D in the NFL.  O is putting way too much pressure on the D to be basically perfect.  They have given up < 5 pts per 2nd half this season. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Geez Tony you are insufferable.  You made 37 posts guaranteeing a loss starting in the 1st quarter, we almost pulled it out despite Zac.  Every game you lose your shit. Now we will only win 5 games?

Serious question; are you bipolar?  Throughout the week you have some decent football talk, but on game day you completely struggle with the worst possible defeatist attitude.  Calm down my man, before you have a heart attack or aneurysm.  

I have borderline personality disorder
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:10 AM)Tony Wrote: I have borderline personality disorder

shocking, I tell ya
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:08 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: no touchdowns allowed in the 2nd half. If you tell me a Burrow defense is allowing 16.4 points a game, you'd presume they'd be undefeated

but no. The offense isnt doing it's part. The defense is doing all it can to keep the offense in the game, and the offense constantly under performs

a bottom 12 offense the bengals have, and you people are criticizing the defense? 16.4 points a game? not 2nd half touchdowns allowed?

this is sickening

…and not one single time have you been able to admit that it’s becoming a trend that our defense has now allowed 3 fgs to close out games in all 3 of our losses. Or the fact that our offense had games won in two of our 3 losses had our defense and special teams did their jobs.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:11 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: …and not one single time have you been able to admit that it’s becoming a trend that our defense has now allowed 3 fgs to close out games in all 3 of our losses.  Or the fact that our offense had games won in two of our 3 losses had our defense and special teams did their jobs.

ignore the trend of the bengals offense sucking.

ignore it
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:08 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Him and Ruben are the same person. Or booty brothers..... idk

A homophobic joke.. How clever...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: why havent you responded to what matmaven told you?

because you dont have a logical answer

What have I said that’s not truth? Or illogical? This isn’t Madden. 3 losses…by game-ending drives for fgs. 3 out of 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: shocking, I tell ya

Come on you can add more insults than that..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:12 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: ignore the trend of the bengals offense sucking.

ignore it

No one is saying they don't suck.. What we are saying is the defense is complete trash when it matters most..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:13 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: What have I said that’s not truth?  Or illogical?  This isn’t Madden.  3 losses…by game-ending drives for fgs.  3 out of 3.

bottom 12 offense

6th best defense

Jamar, Tee, Boyd, Burrow. Bottom 12 offense

6th best defense. No 2nd half touchdowns allowed
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:15 AM)Tony Wrote: No one is saying they don't suck.. What we are saying is the defense is complete trash when it matters most..

take ya pills, bro
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:12 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: ignore the trend of the bengals offense sucking.

ignore it

You’re the only one ignoring stuff here. I’ve admitted the offense isn’t an elite unit. Read what I’ve said…they are a play just good enough when it matters type of offense right now.

The defense is play just poor enough when it matters most.

What game has our offense not given us a shot to win at the end…maybe the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote