Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Dolphins @ Bengals***
31 seconds and zero time outs for bad guys..
14 to go now. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 04:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Dolphins are crapola granola.  Problem is, the Steelers don't look like crapola granlola right now.

Bengals>Squeelers, but they simply have to play better than they did for most of this game. They will win today, but not because they played well & executed fundamentally well. "D" made some plays that bailed them out. And the Steelers can always be counted on to overachieve.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
This team's got some mental toughness we've lacked in recent years
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 04:56 PM)kevin Wrote: THE JUNGLE got as LOUD as 81 and 88 SUPER BOWL Wild and Wacky WHO DEY FANS...and it helped WIN.   NO place for Boo Birds.

I sincerely hope the stadium wasn't half empty in 81 and 88.
Reply/Quote
The ref should've asked for them to take the last second off the clock.

Take a knee please!
Reply/Quote
What a weird game. First half defense was pretty bad then second half the D starting dominating at the line and scored two defensive TDs. Meanwhile Andy, Mixon and AJ overcame bad blocking and pretty much improvised and pulled two scoring drives out of their posteriors.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:02 PM)bonesaw Wrote: This team's got some mental toughness we've lacked in recent years

Bingo!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hey boys, had a tough bout of food poisoning today and couldn’t finish the game. Sounds like they really turned it on in the second half. How’d they look?

Better than terrible .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Browns almost in FG position.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Nobody cares what Browns and Ravens are doing.....BEngals 4-1 and in FIRST PLACE....and Bengals will get BETTER each game as season goes. Getting injured players back. O Line will come together.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:02 PM)matmaven Wrote: Not saying this is a great D at all.  I think our LB play is well below average.

However, Atkins is an ELITE inside pass rusher.  We have a very good of DE pass rushers.  And I think our DBs are better than they get credit for.  They will consistently get to the QB and they will force TOs. 

I don't disagree at all about or pass rush, we have some beasts on the line, as Atkins proved yet again today. My biggest concern is that when playing for turnovers our corners have to hold the ball, which they don't do often enough. They're playing well enough in spurts right now, but if you're strategy is turnovers going 2 games with 0 is not good, but if it's good enough I'll take it. ?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Nobody cares what Browns and Ravens are doing.....BEngals 4-1 and in FIRST PLACE....and Bengals will get BETTER each game as season goes. Getting injured players back.  O Line will come together.

Actually we do because a Browns win puts Bengals in first all alone.
Reply/Quote
You should care what the Browns and Ravens are doing. Browns are driving. 16 seconds to go. 55 yar dfield goal from their curren tposition. We beat BAL so we're up even if we are tied, but chances are Ravens are going to be fighting for crown and not Browns.

Browns must win. 55 yard field goal attempt coming up.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Nobody cares what Browns and Ravens are doing.....BEngals 4-1 and in FIRST PLACE....and Bengals will get BETTER each game as season goes. Getting injured players back.  O Line will come together.

A Brown's victory gives us a two game lead in the division...

EDIT: Oops, it's a full game, not 2...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 05:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Nobody cares what Browns and Ravens are doing.....
:paul:
Reply/Quote
What a great win. Beating an AFC team is very important for any tie-breakers. Enjoy this one tonight and get ready for Steeler week tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
[Image: EatingCrow1.jpg~c200]

Reply/Quote
Steeler game will be tough.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Missed a 55 yard FG. Barring a Ravens hail mary its going to OT.
Reply/Quote
Browns can't even kick a field goal.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote