Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(10-22-2018, 12:30 AM)Joelist Wrote: This was pretty much a whole team mushroom cloud.

The only hope we have is Jameis Winston is incompetent.

Our defense will make Jameis look famous!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, brain fart lol

Arguing with fools is tiring work.

So you were arguing with yourself? 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Our defense will make Jameis look famous!

They could. But against any remotely competent defense he looks like a**.
Reply/Quote
Embarrassing loss. 550 yards given up. Offense gets 10 points
Reply/Quote
I'd rather they lose like this instead of a heart-breaker like last week. Maybe it will light a fire under their asses.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:32 AM)R3stangs Wrote: They won’t recover from this. Pretty much season.

Hilarious

Trust the force Luke? Oh hey, did I mention I was your Father? Yikes, nevermind.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:32 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Was this the biggest ass-kicking the Bengals received under Marvin?

45-10 and it wasn't even remotely as close as the score indicates.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If it weren't for a few lucky bounces and plays, this team could very easily be 1-6 right now.

We are not a good football team. At all.
Reply/Quote
I just changed my avatar to Johnny Bench, the last great athlete Cincinnati ever had. If the Bengals win again I’ll put one of them up there.
Reply/Quote
Hang in there guys. Sometimes a good lashing can wake you up.

Reply/Quote
Well, we’re definitely not ready for prime time. Were still a top 10 team in my opinion, but im not expecting a playiff win this year. We’ll definitely make the playoffs. But likely one and done. Would be nice to see something different, but they proved they still cant beat the steelers and still cant play ball in prime time.

Not quite ready yet, pretty much the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. Gotta hand it to the Chiefs too, theyre a heck of a team. Rams,Chiefs and Pats will all be tough outs. We’re not ready to play with these teams yet.
Reply/Quote
Spanked
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
The good news for NBC Sunday Night Football is they bumped this to Prime Time to see Chiefs QB having MVP season, and he put on a show.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:37 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If it weren't for a few lucky bounces and plays, this team could very easily be 1-6 right now.

We are not a good football team. At all.

Eh, you can play the what if game with every team. We’re what our record says we are. Still a pretty decent team, but not ready to play with the big boys of the league.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:38 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Well, we’re definitely not ready for prime time. Were still a top 10 team in my opinion, but im not expecting a playiff win this year. We’ll definitely make the playoffs. But likely one and done. Would be nice to see something different, but they proved they still cant beat the steelers and still cant play ball in prime time.

Not quite ready yet, pretty much the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. Gotta hand it to the Chiefs too, theyre a heck of a team. Rams,Chiefs and Pats will all be tough outs. We’re not ready to play with these teams yet.

I wouldn't be so sure on the playoffs. We have one week to fix the defense and learn how to block up front or we are looking at 4-4 at the bye. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:32 AM)Joelist Wrote: So you were arguing with yourself? 

One of the reasons I love this message board is because we (for the most part) can say what we want.

But can we please stop the vitriol towards each other as fans?  I get it, we are beyond pissed being fans of what is a perpetual sinking ship, but these petty back and forths suck.

Just my two cents.
Reply/Quote
This team isn’t making the playoffs. 4-12 nuff said
Reply/Quote
You know folks, it's sadder for me than most I think. Turned 60 stuck up here in New York, been a Reds, Bengals, and even Royals fan since I was a little kid. Pretty sure nobody is gonna buy the Reds a team, 1990 was an unexpected championship, and made it cooler than the Big Red Machine wins in some ways. Nobody can forget the heartbreak of the two Super Bowl losses (STILL hate the 49ers) and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to see my Bengals win a Championship in my lifetime. And what makes it even worse, is you glance at the sidelines and it certainly appears Marvin doesn't even give a flying f##k that we're getting totally destroyed yet again in prime time. Do people up here laugh at me? Hell no, for the most part they feel sorry for me, and that makes it even worse. I was too small to be much of a football player (at the time Bracken County didn't have a team) but I tried in every sport to always be in the right spot and do the right things, so I was a decent team player. I hardly see anybody on this team who seems to care, I'll guarantee that if I (or many of you) were on this team and getting totally smoked I'd be PISSED!! We need a coach who can motivate, create game plans, and HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE! Some buy it, but our record since Marvin has been better since he has been here, but he hasn't gotten us to a playoff win, let alone another Super Bowl. To me (in the nicest way I can put it) a change is warranted NOW, please Mr. Brown; I know you'd hate to pay someone his contract when he's released; but he's essentially getting paid for nothing now, so what would it matter??
Reply/Quote
...and the Steelers are in first place. 3-2-1 > 4-3.

Also, Cincinnati has the 31st ranked scoring defense, allowing a whopping 29 points per game.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:40 AM)Joelist Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure on the playoffs. We have one week to fix the defense and learn how to block up front or we are looking at 4-4 at the bye. 

We’ve got too much talent not to make the playoffs in my opinion. Our defense has yet to play a complete game, and we’re almost half through. Definitely reason for concern, but it think we’ve seen enough in their 4 wins..

I guess we’ll see. If we aren’t going to be in contention, making or missing the playoffs doesn’t really matter to me.
Reply/Quote