Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(10-22-2018, 12:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and the Steelers are in first place.  3-2-1 > 4-3.  

Also, Cincinnati has the 31st ranked scoring defense, allowing a whopping 29 points per game.

Who is 32/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and the Steelers are in first place.  3-2-1 > 4-3.  

Also, Cincinnati has the 31st ranked scoring defense, allowing a whopping 29 points per game.

Austin needs to be held accountable.  New or not, it's his job to put them in position to stop offenses.  He clearly sucks at his job.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, you can play the what if game with every team. We’re what our record says we are. Still a pretty decent team, but not ready to play with the big boys of the league.

Story of the Marvin Lewis era.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is 32/

San Francisco.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:46 AM)samhain Wrote: Austin needs to be held accountable.  New or not, it's his job to put them in position to stop offenses.  He clearly sucks at his job.

The owner is not even held accountable..lol..let alone coaches and players
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:37 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I just changed my avatar to Johnny Bench, the last great athlete Cincinnati ever had. If the Bengals win again I’ll put one of them up there.

Dramatic much?

AJ Green
Geno Atkins
Chad Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
Anthony Munoz
Joey Votto
Ken Griffey Jr
Barry Larkin
Eric Davis
José Rio

Should I go on?

Reply/Quote
Bottom line, we’re not ready for prime time, not ready to play with the big boys. Still room to improve and get better by the end of the year. But a playoff win isnt likely if we cant play in prime time against real teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:47 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The owner is not even held accountable..lol..let alone coaches and players

True enough.  The Marvin Lewis re-hire was easy to forget about for the first month of the season.  Now it's once again front and center.  Sucks.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:37 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I just changed my avatar to Johnny Bench, the last great athlete Cincinnati ever had.

It was a pretty bad loss. Sometimes you have to get the crap kicked out of you to realize your worth. Sorry for being so positive, but we have good talent. Just have to get it together. I hope ESPN, Fox Sport and all the others rip us apart this week because we kinda deserve it. Team looked unprepared. We're still lethal. We just have to focus better and clean up the tackling. 

Tackling is one thing that has declined over the past 3-4 weeks. We were very disciplined in the first few. Laid another Crap biscuit today in that category. Our defense looks weak and although I'm not ready to question Austin just yet, I'm very concerned. 

Here's the question though, or maybe two: Did anyone get annoyed at Chris Collinsworth and his love for the Chiefs (or disloyalty of the Bengals)? And, did anyone want to punch Mahomes in the face more than me when they kept showing him every 2 minutes? Sorry, just a little post game anger there.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:47 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The owner is not even held accountable..lol..let alone coaches and players

Who the hell is going to hold him accountable?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:46 AM)samhain Wrote: Austin needs to be held accountable.  New or not, it's his job to put them in position to stop offenses.  He clearly sucks at his job.

Austin is Chuck Bresnahan 2.0.

Hell, Bresnahan might have been better. 
Reply/Quote
Annnnd that's why we don't get many Prime Time games. Total garbage, not sure how a NFL team can tackle as poor as the Bengals. So done with Marvin and Andy. I don't see this team going anywhere with either. We can't stop anyone and in today's NFL where rookies putting up 400+ yards and 5 TD's is the norm, we can only mustard 10 points against a very poor defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell is going to hold him accountable?

I think that's his point.

There is zero accountability throughout this entire shit storm of an organization. That falls squarely on Mike, but the stubborn old codger couldn't care less  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Here's the question though, or maybe two: Did anyone get annoyed at Chris Collinsworth and his love for the Chiefs (or disloyalty of the Bengals)? And, did anyone want to punch Mahomes in the face more than me when they kept showing him every 2 minutes? Sorry, just a little post game anger there.

Not at all.

Collinsworth shouldn't show bias like when Herbstreit doesn't when he covers a Buckeye game. Mahomes and the Chiefs deserve the praise they are getting. If the Bengals didn't shat themselves like they always have under Marvin on SNF when Collinsworth covers them, then they would be getting some love too. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
How is Marvin Lewis still the coach?

How is Austin not fired yet ?

We need answers. ASAP
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was a pretty bad loss. Sometimes you have to get the crap kicked out of you to realize your worth. Sorry for being so positive, but we have good talent. Just have to get it together. I hope ESPN, Fox Sport and all the others rip us apart this week because we kinda deserve it. Team looked unprepared. We're still lethal. We just have to focus better and clean up the tackling. 

Tackling is one thing that has declined over the past 3-4 weeks. We were very disciplined in the first few. Laid another Crap biscuit today in that category. Our defense looks weak and although I'm not ready to question Austin just yet, I'm very concerned. 

Here's the question though, or maybe two: Did anyone get annoyed at Chris Collinsworth and his love for the Chiefs (or disloyalty of the Bengals)? And, did anyone want to punch Mahomes in the face more than me when they kept showing him every 2 minutes? Sorry, just a little post game anger there.

The only thing he said that ticked me off was the same tired "look at the Bengals before Marvin" line. It could be 2037 with the Bengals never winning a playoff game, and people will still be saying "but the 90's!"

At some point you have to just judge Marv on the job he's done without looking at stuff that happened 25 years ago. Marv's tenure (16 years) is already longer than the entire lost "decade" (12 years).

Who knows? Maybe some other coach could've taken this team to the SB. We haven't lacked talent. We just suck in certain situations. Over and over again. For 16 years. That's coaching.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:57 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: How is Marvin Lewis still the coach?

How is Austin not fired yet ?  

We need answers. ASAP

Then answer is the team makes about $20M per year and the franchise increases in value at least twice that per year.

That is ALL that Mikey cares about. If anyone thinks differently you are delusional.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Austin is Chuck Bresnahan 2.0.

Hell, Bresnahan might have been better. 

Besnahan didn't have half the talent that Austin inherited.  Outside of J. Smith, his d-lines were a joke.  The secondary was smoke and mirrors.  They struggled to find a decent safety the entire time he was here.  He did have decent backers, though.  

Austin's failure is egregious due to the fact that we know he has good players at his disposal.  He just has no clue what to do with them.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell is going to hold him accountable?

League needs to. The other owners. Every owner has an obligation to deliver a decent/quality product. Tonight was an embarrassment for Cincy AND the league. Bengals looked like a D2 squad.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The only thing he said that ticked me off was the same tired "look at the Bengals before Marvin" line. It could be 2037 with the Bengals never winning a playoff game, and people will still be saying "but the 90's!"

At some point you have to just judge Marv on the job he's done without looking at stuff that happened 25 years ago. Marv's tenure (16 years) is already longer than the entire lost "decade" (12 years).

Who knows? Maybe some other coach could've taken this team to the SB. We haven't lacked talent. We just suck in certain situations. Over and over again. For 16 years. That's coaching.

My biggest issue with Marvin right now is that because he is on a 2 year contract the bengals could very well lose Lazor next year. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote