Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers***
(10-29-2023, 08:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burrow stats were crazy, 28-32, 3 TD. POG.

That worked out to a QB rating of 134.8. Not too shabby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Just checked the Niners board to see how fanbases are all the same. The DC may be lynched, and they want to get rid of Kyle, Brock and Nick.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just checked the Niners board to see how fanbases are all the same. The DC may be lynched, and they want to get rid of Kyle, Brock  and Nick.

That's a refreshing take if they weren't blaming the officiating.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's a refreshing take if they weren't blaming the officiating.  

A couple mentions how we only had one penalty, and I’d be saying the same, but nobody blamed the loss.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:46 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Me too. Wasn’t the forecast for something like 6-12 inches of snow?

Yep, and they got zero! 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A couple mentions how we only had one penalty, and I’d be saying the same, but nobody blamed the loss.

The board I read was just a continuous bashing of Bosa.  They were merciless.

All the people who complain about the negativity in the gameday threads, like it's because of some special immaturity or deficiency amongst Bengals fans, need to read the gameday threads from other teams when we beat them.  It's the same all over, folks.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:19 PM)edindetroit Wrote: Yep, and they got zero! 

Zero snow in Denver? I got 11” a half hour south and had to drive through Denver last night and there was plenty of snow (and crews in the stadium when I went past at 11pm cleaning it and getting it ready for today). A lot melted today though because the ground wasn’t frozen yet so the radiant heat from the ground melted it out.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The board I read was just a continuous bashing of Bosa.  They were merciless.

All the people who complain about the negativity in the gameday threads, like it's because of some special immaturity or deficiency amongst Bengals fans, need to read the gameday threads from other teams when we beat them.  It's the same all over, folks.  

Yup. And the Bosa hate is real. They do not like him even a little.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 07:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yup. And the Bosa hate is real. They do not like him even a little.

We’ll gladly take him off their hands
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The board I read was just a continuous bashing of Bosa.  They were merciless.

Good perspective to hear TBH. Fans are just plain passionate about their teams. Yes, some are nuts/overkill and allow it to affect their personal lives a bit much lol but football fanatics and fandom in this country are for real ….no different than in other counties with their “Futbol” (soccer).

I’d love to understand the behavioral psychology of why it affects people so deeply and dramatically but it’s definitely “a very real thing” and world-wide.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The board I read was just a continuous bashing of Bosa.  They were merciless.

Reminds me of that TZ episode, "People Are Alike All Over,"  with Roddy McDowell.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:45 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Zero snow in Denver?  I got 11” a half hour south and had to drive through Denver last night and there was plenty of snow (and crews in the stadium when I went past at 11pm cleaning it and getting it ready for today). A lot melted today though because the ground wasn’t frozen yet so the radiant heat from the ground melted it out.

Zero in Denver for the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:30 PM)Rattler Wrote: He was a turnover magnet for us in the secondary, especially in post season...

He had ONE interception in the post season in his entire career.

He had 4 picks in the regular season last year, the 3 years prior he had a total of 1.  

Not sure what your definition of "turnover magnet" may be...?

Reply/Quote