Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers***
(10-29-2023, 08:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nice wind today, ladies and gents!

This team looked like the team of last year and the year before. They looked solid!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: Garbage time stats.

Old Brock gets to add fifty yards
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals D gave up almost 400 yards of offense xD. We give up a lot of yards/big plays and depend on huge plays (fumbles/picks).

Against one of the top Offenses in the NFL?
Their Top D gave up alot of yards and big plays as well.

It happens when good defenses play great offenses. Can't stop them every time but take what you can get when you get it.l
Reply/Quote
My player of game vote will go to Burrow. Mixon, Chase, and defense are right up there tho.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Awesome win.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:16 PM)Whacked Wrote: Stoolers lost

Stains blew it

Broncos beat the Chiefs too.

Hehehehe

WHOOOOOO DEYYYYYY

Mahomeboy left the game hurt. I was hoping for a snow bowl in that game but it didn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: My player of game vote will go to Burrow. Mixon, Chase, and defense are right up there tho.

Agree.  Burrow was surgical today and played with a lot of desire.  I'm sure he was pissed how he felt and how everyone was ripping him when he couldn't move because of the injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Against one of the top Offenses in the NFL?
Their Top D gave up alot of yards and big plays as well.

It happens when good defenses play great offenses. Can't stop them every time but take what you can get when you get it.l

Plus they easily got 100 yards during garbage time. Bengals played soft the last three possessions.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:23 PM)edindetroit Wrote: Mahomeboy left the game hurt. I was hoping for a snow bowl in that game but it didn't happen.

Lol. Lovin it

My list of most hated teams ..

-Stoolers (actually #1-10 lol)
11. Chiefs
12. Rat Turds
13. Stains
Reply/Quote
Great game everyone enjoy Halloween!

Reply/Quote
The defense is so far this year very much a cardiac cats D. They give up a lot of explosive plays but they also make a lot of explosive plays.

The offense today looked awesome for a while, then sputtered, then went back to awesome. Seeing them get back up and dominate in the fourth was very good to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals D gave up almost 400 yards of offense xD. We give up a lot of yards/big plays and depend on huge plays (fumbles/picks).

A bunch of garbage yards at the end.

The Bengals manhandled one of the  best teams in the league, beating them on the road, where the 49’ers hadn’t lost in years, and yet you complain.

The score flattered the 49’ers.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:25 PM)matmaven Wrote: Agree.  Burrow was surgical today and played with a lot of desire.  I'm sure he was pissed how he felt and how everyone was ripping him when he couldn't move because of the injury.

thats how Burrow can play when the run game is great. The run game today was great. If the run game is working, this offense is unstoppable

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 07:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What?  Would he actually make the sack?  

He was a turnover magnet for us in the secondary, especially in post season...
Reply/Quote
Huge huge win, and a really strong performance. To go to SF and, let's be honest, really hand them the L (should've been more than a 14-point game with how it went)... you might not see many wins more impressive than that across the league this year.

Burrow is back and the offence looked great. Defence were very good against what is still a good offence in SF. Obviously they had big pieces out injured, but they still had very strong talent on the field, and we largely did the job against them.

Huge win. Bills next week is a huge game again, and they definitely haven't ran the table themselves so far this year. Win that one and we're in a great spot. Very interesting game it'll be.
Reply/Quote
The game on Sunday night against the Bills looms large. All four of the Bengals’ wins have come against NFC teams and now it’s time to win some games in the AFC. There may be a tiebreaker needed at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:12 PM)edindetroit Wrote: How's that for the defense?

Great. They ended that drive with 3 great plays.
Reply/Quote
If you would have told me right after loss to Titans that we'd wheel off 3 wins in a row while beating the 49ers in San Francisco I'd have ordered you a drug screen.

But here we are. I'm loving it
Reply/Quote
Sounds like they are having fun tonight in the Lockeroom.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:23 PM)edindetroit Wrote: Mahomeboy left the game hurt. I was hoping for a snow bowl in that game but it didn't happen.

Me too. Wasn’t the forecast for something like 6-12 inches of snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote