Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
Well we dared to hope.....and now we know. They are poseurs and pretenders and NOT legit. No self respecting defense gives up that much offense to a backup with no deep ball. And Burrow with his usual INT right when it hurts the most - not a legit NFL winning QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor shouldn’t get a plane ticket home and neither should Lou Anarumo.
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm a man of my word. I won't be here next week (still watching the game, obviously), though someone may need to remind me.

It just saddens me that so many supposed Bengals fans are happy that we lost. They were so hoping that they were right early in the game and that we would end up losing instead of hoping they were wrong and the Bengals would come back and win. I'm not talking about all the ones who took my bet, either. I know a couple of those guys wanted to be wrong. But, you know who you are.

So enjoy a week with less optimism as I watch the game without chatting.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
There goes all the Love and Hype by the media. In fact Browns will be the Favorite to beat Bengals next week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Joe was outplayed by White. The interceptions are becoming a problem.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm not saying a word!!
Reply/Quote
This is like Michigan losing to Appalachian St. This all on Taylor
Reply/Quote
Lot of dumbass takes now. Im out
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Oh well sports fans,  this is why you never sleep on any team. Last place teams often win against the best teams..
Give White a ton of credit. He threw a great game and Bengals D laid an egg..
On to Cleveland.

It's also why I don't gamble on football games or games in general. Anyone can take your money. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor shouldn’t get a plane ticket home and neither should Lou Anarumo.

Why I'd put the game more on the defensive performance than offensive.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:21 PM)tBengal Wrote: Let the hype all week get to their heads, bad call but defense had many chances today to stop them and struggled.

Looked like absolutely ZERO adjustments on defense. They never tested White's arm for long accuracy. I will bet that's his weakness.

Goddamn vanilla deep zone. Nice one, Lou. Well played.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Really tough loss. Cincinnati had the game wrapped up. Defense stunk today and that interception just came at the absolute worst time.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well we dared to hope.....and now we know. They are poseurs and pretenders and NOT legit. No self respecting defense gives up that much offense to a backup with no deep ball. And Burrow with his usual INT right when it hurts the most - not a legit NFL winning QB.

Wasnt a tipped ball INT?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This team is not a #1 team. They can’t handle it. That’s why nobody trust this team. For whatever reason we absolutely suck against back up QB’s. Have for a long time. The jets wanted this game more. No reason for our D to look so good throughout the year only to look this bad against a team without it’s starting QB, #1 WR And starting LT. this was just a really bad game all around. This team needs to get their head out their ass in the first have and start setting the tempo for the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He didn’t even lower his. He was already there. You’re up by 21 the call doesn’t matter.

That does NOT matter.  You play the game and you make mistakes....give up points because of mistakes and get points because you made plays.  The Bungles needed a stop there for a chance and they absolutely got the stop that was nullified by a horrible call.  No way around that. They may have still lost but they were fighting for a chance to have a chance and the refs completely stole it from them plain and simple.  That call costs the Bungles a legitimate chance they earned on that set of downs plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:18 PM)Destro Wrote: This is why....

AH yes, me being optimistic about the Bengals for the first time since 2005 screws us again.  Want me to predict Burrow demands a trade after the Browns beat us?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Lot of dumbass takes now. Im out

Ikr? Like saying this game would be a cakewalk.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Worst defensive performance I've seen in years. The loss is on Lou n no one else ...also we need am upgrade over Wilson n Pratt their pass defense was putrid today I think they were picked on 30 times today
Reply/Quote
Also, Burrow making some terrible decisions. He threw it right into 50.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why helmet to helmet hits aren't called on every single ***** play. Almost every time someone gets tackled someone bumps helmets I don't get it.
Reply/Quote