Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread...Colts @ Bengals***
Finally. Nice TD catch by our promising rookie receiver we all have been talkin about this year!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 03:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think the Steelers are nearly as bad as we hope they are.

They never are. But I was talking about the South.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 04:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: This is how the league just makes up rules as they go along? That's my translation..

"(mic check) Hi, my name is Referee. We have a successful challenge. He was able to throw the flag and it reached on top of the field, it did not land on the sidelines. (smile) Now the outcome of the challenge itself is something else, but I have not gotten my 15 minutes of fame yet. I am trying to become Ed Hochuli, if I am long winded perhaps I will get on ESPN. (smile). Anyway, I should have been part of the referee crew in the Steelers/Bengals game. The player, I believe his name is Lafell but some on the bengals board forum on the internet call him Label, reached out of bounds to attempt to gain more yards. His right foot large toe was out of bounds when we had the guys back in NYC examine the video via XRAY. Regarless, when he fumbled, the opposing team caught the fumble. We call this an interception. But unfortunately the opposing player (the one who is on the Colts, I'm speaking of) was also out of bounds. He would be allowed to advance the ball if he did not land outof bounds. When he caught it, one foot, his right, was in bounds. The left landed out of bounds. If the left landed in bounds, it still would not have counted as an interception because the offensive player was out of bounds when he was reaching for more yards as previously stated, and landed out of bounds. Once again, a successful challenge by the challenging team."
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 04:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Was that on purpose?

Bench Malone for that catch!  

Time for our D to give up to the backup.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nice play Fej
Reply/Quote
Fejedelem showed up to play today.
Reply/Quote
Fej underrated rated player of the game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
John Ross has 1 target, no catches. Is that his impact?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
And this teams inability to cover a TE in full force today.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 04:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: John Ross has 1 target, no catches. Is that his impact?

He should complain to the press about targets this week. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 03:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  Good QBs show some ability to make a play when things dont work out perfectly and a Wr is not wide open.

We used to have a good QB. He has been "coached" in to being less than that.

You cant call a guy a good QB when his instincts are to throw the ball away on 4th down with the game on the line.

I agree. Good QBs do make some plays when the chips are down.  Wink
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 04:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They never are. But I was talking about the South.

Jags are much better than people give them credit for.  With consistent QB play they are dangerous.

I guess I should say consistently good QB play, as Bortles can also be consistently bad. Cool
Reply/Quote
8 targets and 8 receptions for the TE. He might have 2 receptions to anyone else
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 04:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They never are. But I was talking about the South.

Oh, well the Jaguars and Texans are both showing more promise than 75% of our division.
Reply/Quote
Wow Burfict
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 04:02 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Come again

Chances are he was trying to throw that out of the back of the endzone. 

Then again the guy was wide open
Reply/Quote
A little pressure on the QB would be super helpful right now.
Reply/Quote
Tez going after Colts staff on the sideline!
Reply/Quote
Where the heck has our defense gone.
Reply/Quote
Burfict just pushed a Colts assistant on the sideline.

Reply/Quote