Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 9 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jaguars***
(11-05-2017, 05:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Announcers clearly rooting for Jacksonville

Why shouldn't they? They like a winner.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:36 PM)Housh Wrote: Anyone blaming this game on Andy Dalton is a dumb **** who has no knowledge of how football works

Dalton literally has no time to throw the ball. I’m all for shitting on Andy when he messes up WHICH HE DID on that Green throw that he overthrew but this offensive line is HORRIBLE. He deserves a medal for not giving up today.

That's all I was saying but 14 is off limits for criticism according to his fanboys on this board. He's not the reason we're losing though. The defense has been terrible and we have no running game. Enough has been said about the oline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Announcers clearly rooting for Jacksonville

Well to be fair...  only a Bengals fan would root for our team. Mellow
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:38 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Well, I did say it was something stupid.

Meh, let's say it was hopeful.  It's just hard to see this team reeling off a series of wins.  They have to win the next two on the road and beat Cleveland at home to claw back into this thing.  It's too steep a hill to climb.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We tackled?

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:34 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Now, I'm not going to leave without saying something really stupid. In 2012 the Bengals were 3-5 at the 8 game point and ended up going 7-1 to make the playoffs.

Playofffs??? Playoffs????

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
I wish Andy would go to a good team and prove all the haters wrong
Reply/Quote
All out Blitz and still get the first down.
Reply/Quote
With 10:07 on the clock Dalton literally never turns his head forward when taking the ball from Center resulting in a tipped pass while Malone was wide open for the first down if Dalton would have just looked forward like any other QB in the league would have. This line is horrendous but it can't be used as an excuse for Daltons poor play every down.
Reply/Quote

I don't blame them. 

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So change coaches and ownership and the 5 guys lined up on the offensive line will be solid.  Is that what you're saying?

Ownership is responsible for the overall environment. I.e., ownership allowed the two best o-linemen to leave. Even before this year, coaching has used the talent that they have had horribly. The overall leadership is ultimately responsible for the product on the field.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
Heat Mizer hasn't won much with that haircut! He needs to fix that shit!

Reply/Quote
Is the team tanking on purpose?!?!? It looks like they’re throwing the game.
Reply/Quote
This reminds me so much of a 90's game, it's scary.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:45 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Ownership is responsible for the overall environment. I.e., ownership allowed the two best o-linemen to leave. Even before this year, coaching has used the talent that they have had horribly. The overall leadership is ultimately responsible for the product on the field.
GO STRIPES!!!

But you said there isn't a talent discrepancy, so the 5 linemen we have will be better with a change in coaching and ownership?  No, they need replacement regardless of ownership or the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: With 10:07 on the clock Dalton literally never turns his head forward when taking the ball from Center resulting in a tipped pass while Malone was wide open for the first down if Dalton would have just looked forward like any other QB in the league would have. This line is horrendous but it can't be used as an excuse for Daltons poor play every down.

You must've missed Romo's analysis a little while back.

He said watching your crappy offensive line tackles is probably the worse thing a QB can do.

That's exactly that is what is happening.  He's peeking too much at his O-Line.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen

We wasted a draft when we drafted Cedric and Fisher

We’ve wasted the career of AJ Green and frustrated a normally quiet calm guy into throwing punches
Reply/Quote
I'm torn. Part of me wants them to win every week and another part of me just want to see them get drilled & maybe just maybe Marvin & his shit show will get fired.

I don't like that part of me but it's the truth.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Is the team tanking on purpose?!?!?  It looks like they’re throwing the game.

No, they're really that bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:43 PM)Seaneh Wrote: I wish Andy would go to a good team and prove all the haters wrong

It's pretty difficult to judge Dalton this season with the atrocious Oline play.

Behind a good oline he would be a slightly above average QB, like he has always been.
Reply/Quote