Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 9 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jaguars***
(11-05-2017, 05:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh after his contract is up this year they'll replace him.

The issue is they're cheap. A guy like John Sullivan was an experienced Center that signed with the Rams. He was a vast upgrade to Bodine. He also costed more.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if bodines backup (TJ Johnson?) was a big upgrade. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think I've ever seen any offensive line anywhere that lets defenders by unblocked as often as ours does.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This team sucks so bad. Not trying to sound like a broken record, but what else is there to say? We flat out suck
Reply/Quote
Guess there is no point in paying attention to the rest of the season after today. We get to enjoy playing the Titans next week.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:26 PM)Synric Wrote: This is thr point in a football game were the passing game needs to step up...well here is thr offensive line ruining any chance.

Dude. Earlier you called the offensive line "iffy". Let me clue you in ... they are horrible, probably the worst in the league. They aren't going to step up, or show up ... the only thing they are capable of doing is blowing up. They don't have another gear. They aren't underachieving. They are just that bad.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Think I can't watch another game until Marvin is gone.

Changing coaches won't fix this anymore than replacing Zampese with Lazor did.

The team doesn't have enough talent to compete. We're 5 starters away on offense and probably 2-3 away on defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:27 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Think I can't watch another game until Marvin is gone.

Oh it's Marvin's fault the o Line is crap?
Reply/Quote
I can't watch anymore. They should just put McCarron in and call it a day.
Reply/Quote
Our offense is going to give opposing DCs nightmares.
Reply/Quote
I guess we all knew we would lose today. But without Leonard Fournett? Yikes.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:29 PM)Utts Wrote: Dude. Earlier you called the offensive line "iffy". Let me clue you in ... they are horrible, probably the worse in the league. They aren't going to step up, show up ... the only thing they are capable of doing is blowing up. They don't have another gear. They aren't underachieving. They are just that bad.

...and that badly coached.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I’m headed to the sidelines to fire Marvin myself. If I don’t make it back honor my memory
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen any offensive line anywhere that lets defenders by unblocked as often as ours does.

I always think, can you at least make them run around you?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We need a leader at QB. The kind of leader who can overcome 27 years of moribund management.
One who completes 100% of his deep passes.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We were what one or two players from winning a championship two years ago now look at us. We have a good player at QB, two first ballot HOF in green and Atkins, and Multiple good players. Then they give us this line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if bodines backup (TJ Johnson?) was a big upgrade. 

He was definitely atleast slightly better last year when he played.

He's been terrible as a Guard when they played him.

The Bengals have built a roster with bad starters...and worse backups. How bad does Westerman have to be to not see the field at Guard too?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 05:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well that commercial was waving a rainbow flag! Damn Pepsi!

the official flag of the oline    Ninja

(JK to the pc police of 2017)
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I️ can’t watch anymore
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Until we get new coaches (especially Marvin as he sets the tone and Paino Man for obvious reasons) no line rebuild will work. Plus they have to change the philosophy and actually admit all line positions are valuable.
Reply/Quote
Jones is 0-8 on stopping his man on 3rd down
Reply/Quote