Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 9 GameDay Thread - (SNF) Bills @ Bengals***
Buffalo Bills (5-3)   vs   Cincinnati Bengals (4-3)
Sunday, November 5th, 2023 at 8:20 PM on NBC
Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Announce Crew: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark
Referee: Alex Kemp
{Streaming: Link}
Betting Line: Bengals -1.5

[Image: 6TcrGt0.png]

Reply/Quote
Alright good gameday morning, everyone! Less than twelve hours until kickoff! What? Daylight what ended? ***** time change! Pissed
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the most optimistic I have been all year.

The Tennessee game was the other game I felt good about. Hope this goes better than that.
Reply/Quote
I'll be at the game so wishing everyone well in the gamedey thread.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It’s 2:25 PM and the Browns and Ravens already have comfortable leads in their games — and don’t forget the Steelers already won on Thursday Night. Tonight’s matchup against Buffalo is getting even more important as the day progresses.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 04:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s 2:25 PM and the Browns and Ravens already have comfortable leads in their games — and don’t forget the Steelers already won on Thursday Night.  Tonight’s matchup against Buffalo is getting even more important as the day progresses.

Losing drops us to 4-4, and there's a hell of a difference between that and 5-3.  Plus, we need the W next week against the Texans so we can roll into The Wire city with a 6-3 record.  
Reply/Quote
This is the most critical game I believe in our season for a three reasons
1. Need to put 2 solid games in a row with a win to really feel the momentum
2. Loss to me pretty much puts us on life support for division
2. We can't afford to go 0-4 in conference we will be like 10th in playoff hunt which is farther behind than last year at this time.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 04:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s 2:25 PM and the Browns and Ravens already have comfortable leads in their games — and don’t forget the Steelers already won on Thursday Night.  Tonight’s matchup against Buffalo is getting even more important as the day progresses.

Yeah just saw the scores of those 2 games, pretty much both are an ass kicking. AFCN is no joke this year, we are gonna have to run the table the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 05:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Losing drops us to 4-4, and there's a hell of a difference between that and 5-3.  Plus, we need the W next week against the Texans so we can roll into The Wire city with a 6-3 record.  

Even with a win tonight against the Bills the Bengals will still be in last place in the AFC North. Losing those first three games against AFC opponents — including two division games — is looking worse. The Bengals need to go on a world-beating winning streak to make the playoffs at all. Cincinnati could end up 10-7 or 11-6 and completely miss the postseason.

Honestly I thought Cleveland would burn out but sadly their play is improving. I liked it better when it took the Browns three years to win five games. The Bengals have four games left against the AFC North and now we have to win all of them.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 05:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Losing drops us to 4-4, and there's a hell of a difference between that and 5-3.  Plus, we need the W next week against the Texans so we can roll into The Wire city with a 6-3 record.  

(11-05-2023, 05:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is the most critical game I believe in our season for a three reasons
1. Need to put 2 solid games in a row with a win to really feel the momentum
2. Loss to me pretty much puts us on life support for division
2. We can't afford to go 0-4 in conference we will be like 10th in playoff hunt which is farther behind than last year at this time.

(11-05-2023, 05:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah just saw the scores of those 2 games, pretty much both are an ass kicking. AFCN is no joke this year, we are gonna have to run the table the rest of the year.

(11-05-2023, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even with a win tonight against the Bills the Bengals will still be in last place in the AFC North. Losing those first three games against AFC opponents — including two division games — is looking worse. The Bengals need to go on a world-beating winning streak to make the playoffs at all. Cincinnati could end up 10-7 or 11-6 and completely miss the postseason.

Honestly I thought Cleveland would burn out but sadly their play is improving. I liked it better when it took the Browns three years to win five games. The Bengals have four games left against the AFC North and now we have to win all of them.

@ All of the above

Nailed it

Pretty much every game is a must win now.

Maybe 1-2 games max of wiggle room.

We have the talent. Just need to execute.
Reply/Quote
Every game is important with a schedule as tough as the Bengals. Need 7 more wins to lock up a playoff spot 6 more could make it about tie breakers. Very little leeway.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 06:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Every game is important with a schedule as tough as the Bengals. Need 7 more wins to lock up a playoff spot 6 more could make it about tie breakers. Very little leeway.

I think it’s going to take 13-4 to win the Division and 12-5 to lock up a wild card berth. Also, I predict three of the seven AFC playoff teams come from the AFC North: The division winner and two wild cards.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to sign Dobbs in the offseason so they can trade him week 8 lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
CJ Stroud is lights out today....470 yards and 5 TDs in a comeback against Tampa. And don't forget, the Texans come to Cincinnati next week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 06:24 PM)pally Wrote: CJ Stroud is lights out today....470 yards and 5 TDs in a comeback against Tampa

All good , he will be playing us next week, Lou will be ready , no way we play defense like TB.
Reply/Quote
Well, the 1:00 games were pretty much a steaming pile. Maybe we could get a little separation in the WC race from the Colts and Raiders in the 4:00 window, but they both play shit teams, and might be considered shit teams themselves.
Reply/Quote
AFC North is just insane.... how unlucky are the Bengals. We have a generational QB and he gets stuck in a world beater of a division.

While you have Mahomes, Allen and Lawrence with piss poor divisions. Cake walk to the playoffs every year. (Yes I know Bills isn't a sure thing this season but Dolphins seem to be a mirage)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 06:44 PM)QueenCity Wrote: AFC North is just insane.... how unlucky are the Bengals.  We have a generational QB and he gets stuck in a world beater of a division.

While you have Mahomes, Allen and Lawrence with piss poor divisions. Cake walk to the playoffs every year.  (Yes I know Bills isn't a sure thing this season but Dolphins seem to be a mirage)

It sucks when a defense that includes TJ Watt, Cam Heyward,  Minkah Fitzpatrick and Alex Highsmith is the worst defense rhe Bengals face in the AFC North. 

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2023, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even with a win tonight against the Bills the Bengals will still be in last place in the AFC North.  Losing those first three games against AFC opponents — including two division games — is looking worse.  The Bengals need to go on a world-beating winning streak to make the playoffs at all.  Cincinnati could end up 10-7 or 11-6 and completely miss the postseason.

Had we beaten the Ratbirds, a win tonight would have put us at 6-2 (to the Ratbirds' 6-3) and all alone in first place. 
Reply/Quote