Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Barometer
[Image: dont-forget-your-5bb579.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: dont-forget-your-5bb579.jpg]

This franchise is 4-25-1 in their last 30 games. I'm not sure how far the sky can fall with a .167 win % in the last 2+ years.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This franchise is 4-25-1 in their last 30 games. I'm not sure how far the sky can fall with a .167 win % in the last 2+ years.  Mellow

You have to take the NFL season by season.....
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This franchise is 4-25-1 in their last 30 games. I'm not sure how far the sky can fall with a .167 win % in the last 2+ years.  Mellow

You wouldn’t think it was possible but check out the game day thread once in a while. You’d think we lost our shot at a super bowl today lmao
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You have to take the NFL season by season.....

True...until the seasons start running together with all-to-familiar trends and failures. 
Reply/Quote
One thing’s for sure, we’ve had one too many injuries on the Dline. Geno isn’t really back, only playing like 20% of snaps. I like Williams and Covington as rotational run stoppers, we’re getting no push inside. Did Andrew Brown play today?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: One thing’s for sure, we’ve had one too many injuries on the Dline. Geno isn’t really back, only playing like 20% of snaps. I like Williams and Covington as rotational run stoppers, we’re getting no push inside. Did Andrew Brown play today?

Right, I'm hearing and seeing names getting substantial playing time I have never heard before. We're down to 4th string and new acquisitions.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You have to take the NFL season by season.....

We’ve had about 1.5 of Zac Taylor. He’s statistically worse than Dave Shula, and had arguably worse credentials than Shula when hired. He’s in way over his head, no two ways about it.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I heard that the last time we blew a 21 -0 lead in 1996, Shula got fired
Would MB have the balls to do the right thing? The ZT thing obviously not working.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:44 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I heard that the last time we blew a 21 -0 lead  in 1996, Shula got fired

Yep, but Mike had also given him 4 1/2 seasons before getting to that point.  Whatever
Reply/Quote

With Cleveland, Tennessee and Shitsburgh coming up for the next 3 games, we can all look forward to a better draft position next season for the next coach.  Sad

Reply/Quote

Incredibly strange to mock people for being upset with the results we're seeing.

In typical fashion, someone on here uses the extreme (the sky is falling) to paint others as irrational, or their opinions as unjustified.  It's a tactic used by a lot of people (not just OP), and it's one I'll never understand.

Instead of labeling people as thinking the sky is falling, why don't we try to use a more accurate description.  Perhaps disappointed, frustrated, angry, etc.?

If people can't legitimately be disappointed, or frustrated, or angry right now, then when can they?

Our coach is 3-18-1 right now.  We haven't won a road game in over 2 years.  We're looking like a lock for another top 10 pick.  And we're looking at a 5th straight losing record.  If the "sky isn't falling" now then when is it?  We absolutely stink, and our head coach is looking more and more like an asbolute fraud.

Are there some things to be positive about?  Sure.  But that's true for every single team in the entire league.  The fact of the matter is simple, this is simply unacceptable. 
Reply/Quote

Agreed. 

If there is progression. We are still having the same issues. Burrow and some additions have glossed up a lot of our issues. Results are still the same. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Checks notes...

-We stunk last season.

-We stink this season.
Reply/Quote
Where is the progress. I.dont see it. We are the old Browns.
Zac Taylor reminds me of a Browns HC of the past 20 years.
Totally in over his head and finding new ways to lose every week
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, I'm hearing and seeing names getting substantial playing time I have never heard before. We're down to 4th string and new acquisitions.

And that’s why we won’t see a coaching change.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:33 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Where is the progress. I.dont see it. We are the old Browns.
Zac Taylor reminds me of a Browns HC of the past 20 years.
Totally in over his head and finding new ways to lose every week

But at least they dumped them and tried again. Taylor will be the head coach in 2021.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
We almost beat a really good team and although it sucked to watch us blow a big lead like we kind of always have, it was a good game against one of the best teams. We can win some games this season. There are some winnable games on the schedule. Next season we need to address both lines and we will see a big difference.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:14 PM)bengaloo Wrote: it was a good game against one of the best teams.

You don't watch a lot of NFL football do you?

The Colts have lost to both the Jags and the Browns.  They beat the following powerhouses:  Jets, Bears, Vikings.

Calling the Colts one of the best teams is like calling Teddy Bridgewater one of the best QB's.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But at least they dumped them and tried again. Taylor will be the head coach in 2021.

Not so sure ZT will be here next year. Our front office does tend to hold on to coaches too long, but we broke a trend this year when we spent a lot of money in FA. If our record doesn't get better or if the front office doesn't feel that Taylor is the best choice to coach Burrow and the team going forward I could see them easily making a change. I think ZT is safe the rest of this season but after that , I'm not so sure.
Reply/Quote