Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird
Listening to 700 wlw, and sounding like Marv might be back next year. But also talkin about how he wasnt happy with the roster moves made concerning Marvin Jones, Whit, and Zeitler either.

So if he does come back, hopefully he will have more control over the roster, because ultimately those decisions are a core problem of this current team.

https://www.iheart.com/live/700wlw-1713/?pname=15400&campid=header&cid=index.html

p.s. Ultimately though, this just shows how inept the front office is for not having a plan in place of making changes that need to be changed.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Those of you that believe in karma, explain this to me. What did we do to deserve this shit? While Pittsburgh is likely on their way to ring number 7.

It's shit like this that convinces me time and time again that karma does not exist.
Reply/Quote
Jim O released an article at 10 AM saying there would be no decisions on Marvin's future with the team before tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Jim O released an article at 10 AM saying there would be no decisions on Marvin's future with the team before tomorrow.

It's a mere formality at this point. Gotta finalize the details 
Reply/Quote
The fact that this is dragging out is a horrible sign that Marvin is staying. This would be insane. This team got lucky yesterday, it was looking like Marvins last game was going to be his typical 2nd half meltdown performance. All this talk about Marvin somehow being a great coach if he comes back because Brown will give him more control is laughable. It's all speculation, but the one thing that's not is Marvins record. If he stays it just shows how lazy Mike Brown is and how content he is with mediocrity. This coaching staff needs a complete overhaul. I cant continue to watch this shit show if Marvins still here.
Reply/Quote
Not that anyone cares but I will not spend one dollar on this team if Marvin is coaching here next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Listening to 700 wlw, and sounding like Marv might be back next year. But also talkin about how he wasnt happy with the roster moves made concerning Marvin Jones, Whit, and Zeitler either.

So if he does come back, hopefully he will have more control over the roster, because ultimately those decisions are a core problem of this current team.

https://www.iheart.com/live/700wlw-1713/?pname=15400&campid=header&cid=index.html

p.s. Ultimately though, this just shows how inept the front office is for not having a plan in place of making changes that need to be changed.

This is very interesting to me.  What does this team look like with Jones, Zietler and Whit still on the roster? It looks like Marvin wanted them on board, but got overruled. 

I still think it's time for a change, but if Marvin comes back, it's clear he will have full say in personnel.  

It could work out okay.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Those of you that believe in karma, explain this to me. What did we do to deserve this shit? While Pittsburgh is likely on their way to ring number 7.

It's shit like this that convinces me time and time again that karma does not exist.

Pittsburgh tries a lot harder to win than Mike Brown does.  The harder your try, the less you have to hope magical forces will help you attain your goals.  Plus, is it karma or is it fair if the Bengals are granted a magical SB win after sticking to a losing formula for over 25 years?  Nahhh...

Anyways, it's taken 7 years but now we as Bengals fans are finally getting the chance to show that we won't quit on the Bengals just because they insist on not trying to win. Now is our time to show those players who jumped ship how to just lie down and take it for at least another year. When Marvin gets another year or more I fully expect Dalton, AJ, other players, and us as fans to smile and applaud like real leaders do.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Nope. He shot that down in the press conference. Pretty much said he has no idea where that came from and that it was "made up". 

An anybody really be that all surprised if the pumpkin head owner decides to bring back Marv? 
He is a clueless owner and this pattern will continue until .hes gone in some shape or form
Meanwhile all the other "normal teams" are making moves left and right...
very frustrating and glad that the Rams are making  a run over here in LA .
Sean Mcvay is a great example of what is possible with a team that has a stale coaching staff and approach.  
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:46 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This is very interesting to me.  What does this team look like with Jones, Zietler and Whit still on the roster?   It looks like Marvin wanted them on board, but got overruled. 

I still think it's time for a change, but if Marvin comes back, it's clear he will have full say in personnel.  

It could work out okay.

Having full say on personnel and having full control of contract negotiations are very different things.

Do not expect that he will ever be given negotiating control unless he is given the title of GM, which I do not see happening.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Having full say on personnel and having full control of contract negotiations are very different things.

Do not expect that he will ever be given negotiating control unless he is given the title of GM, which I do not see happening.

Then I do not see him coming back.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:53 PM)kalibengal Wrote: An anybody really be that all surprised if the pumpkin head owner decides to bring back Marv? 
He is a clueless owner and this pattern will continue until .hes gone in some shape or form

Mike Brown isn't clueless and that is what makes this situation even worse.  Clueless people might wake up at some point and either make changes or throw their hands and say "Can someone else tell me what to do?"  Mike Brown knows what he's doing isn't winning football games.  He knows.  We all know.
Reply/Quote
He knows and doesn’t care enough to do anything about it. That says it all.
Reply/Quote
As much as I want to be ok with Marvin s HC because I do like him as a person, I think it's a mistake to bring him back before talking to top-shelf alternates. Problem is, there are too few top shelfers to choose from. Jon Gruden looks to be heading to Oakland/Vegas. Who else is there?

Honestly, I don't see Marvin leaving before AJ Green and Andy (the "red popgun") Dalton leaving. So, when do their contracts expire?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:57 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Then I do not see him coming back.

Of course he's coming back.  Wanna know how I know?  Because that's the last thing any of us wants.  Therefore, that is exactly what will happen.

You know what is disgusting?  When a man is so bad at what he does and oozes arrogance from every fiber of his being.  This is Marvin.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 04:46 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This is very interesting to me.  What does this team look like with Jones, Zietler and Whit still on the roster? It looks like Marvin wanted them on board, but got overruled. 

It could work out okay.

Nah. He mismanaged the personnel this year anyways and that’s the whole point with him. Sucky ass players had to get hurt for better players to play.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Nah. He mismanaged the personnel this year anyways and that’s the whole point with him. Sucky ass players  had to get hurt for better players to play.

Maybe Marvin has finally realized that we are a 7-9 team with an 11-5 team on our bench...or something.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So very sorry to say that it's merely a formality now. Marvin Lewis will be coaching the bengals in 2018 (and likely beyond as it sounds like it may be a multi-year deal). 

I'm going to miss you guys  Cry

Well, if Marvin is back then I (like a LOT of other people) are going to be VERY disappointed. I won't be interested in the Bengals until he's gone or we win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is going to Mike Brown until he can't Mike Brown anymore because his tombstone says Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 06:31 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well, if Marvin is back then I (like a LOT of other people) are going to be VERY disappointed. I won't be interested in the Bengals until he's gone or we win a playoff game.

IF Marvin is back, one possible positive I see from this is perhaps a better positional coaching staff.

Somehow it got out in the media a few weeks ago that Marvin was unhappy with the pay of his staff.  Presumably this means he doesn't feel he can get or keep top notch coaches around him at the pay scale they offer.  Remember when he brought in Chilly to be OC?  A deal couldn't be worked out.  Remeber the Hayes brothers making lateral moves?  I'm pretty sure that was for the increase in pay.

Marvin isn't going to get the GM duties, nor is he going to get final say in player salaries.  But maybe, just maybe, they will give him the checkbook when it comes to staff salaries, giving him the ability to attract or retain the best guys to lead each meeting room.
Reply/Quote