Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Welcome Amarius Mims
(04-29-2024, 01:10 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Games and TEAMs played in Mims college career.

2021 (Reserve) 

UAB, VU, ARK, Mizzou, UT, Charleston Southern, GaTech

2022 (Reserve)

OSU, TCU

2023 (Starter)

Tenn Martin, Ball St, S.Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, GaTech, *Bama (Got pulled from the game?) 

There's reason to question this resume.

Looks like he faced some really daunting pass rushers along the way, not! You fellas spin and manipulate those figures all you want. We had to have an OT. He is huge and has a high ceiling. The pass rushers that he will be facing at this level don't generally come from TM, UAB, CS, Ball St, or any of the weaker SEC teams that he faced. 

He will either sink or swim. Let's hope he swims.

Are you under the impression that he only played in 2 games in 2022? Or did you just not want to list the games he played in 2022 because he only started in the two games you listed?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 12:04 PM)pally Wrote:

Cincinnati Skyline  Hilarious

Love Ted Karras. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cincinnati Skyline  Hilarious

Love Ted Karras. Smirk

Yeah, that made laugh. I found the comment interesting about him being worried about knowing how to relate to a player 10 years younger than him. It revealed the intricacies that likely exist between players and their relationships on professional teams
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 02:18 PM)CJD Wrote: Are you under the impression that he only played in 2 games in 2022? Or did you just not want to list the games he played in 2022 because he only started in the two games you listed?

I will reward your deflection with one of my own. It wasn't necessary for me to list all of his opponents for 2022 because the majority of pass rushers that he faced are milk toast. 

You get the point without me having to come back and needlessly quote you again. He will sink or swim. Hope he swims. Now I'm pushing forward. 

I will say that I am happy that we have 2 other veteran OTs on the team from which he can learn footwork, particular pass rushers tendencies, and so forth. It should help him get up to speed for the NFL level. Also, glad that he faced the UGA DL guys in practice on a daily. Not pissed, just wary.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cincinnati Skyline  Hilarious

Love Ted Karras. Smirk

I was in Seattle last month and found a sports bar (Petosky's -- from the hockey player) that had Skyline Chili. I heard posters constantly mention Skyline Chili, and I've never had it, so I was delighted to find a place offering it. But it was such a bad experience. And when I look up images, it didn't exactly look like what I see online. Now I have to wonder if I just don't like Skyline Chili or this bar just didn't know what they were doing.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 03:13 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I will reward your deflection with one of my own. It wasn't necessary for me to list all of his opponents for 2022 because the majority of pass rushers that he faced are milk toast. 

You get the point without me having to come back and needlessly quote you again. He will sink or swim. Hope he swims. Now I'm pushing forward. 

I will say that I am happy that we have 2 other veteran OTs on the team from which he can learn footwork, particular pass rushers tendencies, and so forth. It should help him get up to speed for the NFL level.   

Oh, I wasn't deflecting. I was just confirming whether you were ill-informed or intentionally leaving out data. Because your assertion was that he played mostly bad players, but you did not even list 12 of the 14 games he played in during a season in the SEC. He was only completely absent from 1 of the 15 games played that year, and those 15 teams were Oregon, Samford, South Carolina, Kent State, Missouri, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, LSU, OSU and TCU. In those 15 games, he played 385 of his 803 career snaps. So pretending those games are not part of his profile is awfully silly.

Two things can exist at one time:
He is inexperienced.
and
He is very talented.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 12:04 PM)pally Wrote:

Has he already sold those or is it something coming out?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 03:59 PM)CJD Wrote: Oh, I wasn't deflecting. I was just confirming whether you were ill-informed or intentionally leaving out data. Because your assertion was that he played mostly bad players, but you did not even list 12 of the 14 games he played in during a season in the SEC. He was only completely absent from 1 of the 15 games played that year, and those 15 teams were Oregon, Samford, South Carolina, Kent State, Missouri, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, LSU, OSU and TCU. In those 15 games, he played 385 of his 803 career snaps. So pretending those games are not part of his profile is awfully silly.

Two things can exist at one time:
He is inexperienced.
and
He is very talented.

So, he played about 45% of the snaps and you felt the need to include Kent St, Samford, South Carolina, Vandy, Miss St, and GaTech to try and make your argument.  Hilarious

I'm glad that he plays RT and I am glad that he doesn't have to start right away. I've already mentioned about 20 times that he needs more snaps and I never once mentioned that he isn't talented, so there's that. I appreciate you reiterating my take on the pick with your last little retort.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I wonder how many preseason snaps he's gonna get, since Zac doesn't like playing starters and it's musical chairs for a couple meaningless games with guys who will either be cut or possibly make the practice squad anyways. The kid could definitely use the snaps, as he'll likely be called upon as the 6th man / T Brown's injury insurance right outta the gate.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 03:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was in Seattle last month and found a sports bar (Petosky's -- from the hockey player) that had Skyline Chili. I heard posters constantly mention Skyline Chili, and I've never had it, so I was delighted to find a place offering it. But it was such a bad experience. And when I look up images, it didn't exactly look like what I see online. Now I have to wonder if I just don't like Skyline Chili or this bar just didn't know what they were doing.

You were in Seattle and didn't stop and say hi? I have never had skyline chili myself, Granny's homemade recipe is better I am guessing..
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 06:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: So, he played about 45% of the snaps and you felt the need to include Kent St, Samford, South Carolina, Vandy, Miss St, and GaTech to try and make your argument.  Hilarious

I'm glad that he plays RT and I am glad that he doesn't have to start right away. I've already mentioned about 20 times that he needs more snaps and I never once mentioned that he isn't talented, so there's that. I appreciate you reiterating my take on the pick with your last little retort.  Rock On

If you agree with my last little retort, then you should be thrilled with this pick. 
Reply/Quote

Very insightful stuff from Orlando here.

Reply/Quote
And he’s got plenty of tread left on the tyres.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 01:10 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Games and TEAMs played in Mims college career.

2021 (Reserve) 

UAB, VU, ARK, Mizzou, UT, Charleston Southern, GaTech

2022 (Reserve)

OSU, TCU

2023 (Starter)

Tenn Martin, Ball St, S.Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, GaTech, *Bama (Got pulled from the game?) 

There's reason to question this resume.

Looks like he faced some really daunting pass rushers along the way, not! You fellas spin and manipulate those figures all you want. We had to have an OT. He is huge and has a high ceiling. The pass rushers that he will be facing at this level don't generally come from TM, UAB, CS, Ball St, or any of the weaker SEC teams that he faced. 

He will either sink or swim. Let's hope he swims.

Regardless of the competition, he dominated and was elite in pass pro, just as he should.  I think the kid will be good.

Reply/Quote
I guess most draftees only played 8 games in college at some point. We just got ours off the tree fresh.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 11:02 PM)wanga Wrote: I guess most draftees only played 8 games in college at some point. We just got ours off the tree fresh.

He played more than 8 games in college. He started 8 games. Mims is a football player. He's not an Estonian shotput thrower trying to learn a new a sport in his 20s. Mims isn't a project, and I think he's gonna be really good... Like taking somebody's job good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs tried to trade up ahead of the Bengals for Amarius Mims.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 08:23 AM)jason Wrote: He played more than 8 games in college. He started 8 games. Mims is a football player. He's not an esesEstonian shotput thrower trying to learn a new a sport in his 20s. Mims isn't a project, and I think he's gonna be really good... Like taking somebody's job good.

Yes
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/4/30/24145677/chiefs-trade-amarius-mims-bengals-draft-2024?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR35pshoVzyHC3TMwxJWW_cJAaNVcYpstpYVryAMe6hzi819GGxpNR8CTFg_aem_AZxzOnIKqe64GaVtGPAFQ12NIVB8SGZMrP6TkJvS0Pvvo0jYwvdpETJ46f5Y7fIx_eG7dTpUFY_yKDwIWm0yfT04

The chiefs tried to trade up to get Mims but he was grabbed by the bengals first.

That in itself is a win
Reply/Quote
It's infuriating me for some reason that so many people aren't in love with the Mims pick. Finally a tackle that is Uber big and athletic? It's crazy to me that everyone isn't pumped. Maybe because I've been following Mims since high school where my Noles finished second in his recruitment and we tried to get him in the portal and got put on scholarship restriction sanctions for trying to get him a little too hard. He is that good
Reply/Quote