Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Andrew billings!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P56tSNx5jVk

watch 3:30

I love this kid's effort.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe, but it smells of the Dre Kirkpatrick pick.

Oh, Richard Sherman is tall? Dre Kirkpatrick is tall!

Oh, Luke Kuechly is white? Virgil is white! (No shit, I tried to read up on him, and the first thing I found was how the Bengals "don't like to make comparisons, but see a little Kuechly in his game tape".)

Wasn't Sherman drafted in the same year as Kirkpatrick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:16 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Wasn't Sherman drafted in the same year as Kirkpatrick?

No, Kirkpatrick was a year later.

Sherman had his 17 Pdef/4 INT rookie season as a 5th round pick before Kirkpatrick was drafted. He was 6'3" so people were like "too damn tall for a corner, too damn thin for a safety". Then the Bengals snatched up 6'2" Kirkpatrick the next year. (Newman 5'10, Jones 5'10, Hall 5'11, JJo 5'11, Dennard 5'11, Will Jack 6'0.... they normally have a type and it's not tall lean CB. Lol)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I like both this pick and the general trend we have of finding good DL in the later rounds of drafts.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty big steal here. Like it a lot more than that fifth round 4.7 linebacker in the third. I will just pretend they were taken in the opposite order they actually were. Lol

Just pretend, i don't care how it went down. We got Billings, WJ3, Boyd, Westerman and an athletic backer type whether you like him or not.

People would of thought someone was frickin crazy if they did a mock like this...
Reply/Quote
The Packers were going to pick Vigil in the 3rd, so I don't know why all the hate for the pick. The kid might be a future star at LB.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 05:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Packers were going to pick Vigil in the 3rd, so I don't know why all the hate for the pick. The kid might be a future star at LB.

Yep, that is why they took the lesser Utah State LB.

Vigil can cover and rush the passer very well, he makes plays. Not the biggest hitter but he does knock a guy pretty good every once in awhile.

He has tons of potential. Good pick, great pick after we got Billings.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 05:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Packers were going to pick Vigil in the 3rd, so I don't know why all the hate for the pick. The kid might be a future star at LB.
I take back all the bad things about this white linebacker.I hope our D staff has gotten it right and I so love the Andrew Billings pick.He was my favorite player this year in the draft and I have been pippin for him all year long.I am so stoked we landed him I truly believe this was a blessing.For him to be there in the forth round was unreal.I am so happy we got this guy,I am starting to believe we are having a top draft.If this Virgil dude turns out to be a stud,we have so far hit a homerun in this draft.

Now lets hope they can get one of the receivers I like in rounds 6 or seven.I like K.Garrett,or Listenbee or anyone they pick.I am now a believer in our drafting team.I am very happy with the Tackle they got.He was rated fourth on Mike Mayocks board,and he is known as a true baller.I love it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

If we had taken Billings in the 3rd round it would actually have been a huge reach based on what 32 NFL teams think, but many people whwre would have been screaming that it was a great "value".

More than likely if we had passes on Vigil he would have been taken by another NFL team soon thereafter, and a bunch of their fans would be saying "We could have had him in the fourth."

Apparently Green Bay was gonna pick him next pick we took him that's why they took the other lb
Reply/Quote
From his High School days, breaking state powerlifting records...

Andrew Billings - THSPA Powerlifting State Record - Dead Lift 705 lbs for Combine Total = 2,010 lbs

Andrew Billings - Bench 500 lbs @ THSPA - Texas High School Powerlifting State Championship

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
It's High School...(sure)...but, he looks like a man playing a boys game. The video shows at 1:45 he's playing G/T and killing it. It was just a light going off, if Andrew could be a hybrid O-line player for us, I mean, to me he looks faster and stronger than Andre Smith... just thinking outside the box.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Stoked over this pick and the potential of this Bengals draft class as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[quote='CINwillWIN' pid='212573' dateline='1462073539']
It's High School...(sure)...but, he looks like a man playing a boys game. The video shows at 1:45 he's playing G/T and killing it. It was just a light going off, if Andrew could be a hybrid O-line player for us, I mean, to me he looks faster and stronger than Andre Smith... just thinking outside the box.

This guy is a beast, hopefully he can stay healthy. I think this was our best pick this year.
Reply/Quote
Two down isn't an issue with us. Our line rotation has been great for years now. Someone like Billings, all that strength, I want at 100% all the time. If the big man wants a break, do it. They do the same thing with Geno.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/4/25/11502084/2016-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-pick-a-big-guy-in-round-one

here is a mock of billings going to us in the 1st round!!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Still wondering how it is this short DT has never watched Geno Atkins play..... but I love this pickup...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 01:53 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Two down isn't an issue with us. Our line rotation has been great for years now. Someone like Billings, all that strength, I want at 100% all the time. If the big man wants a break, do it. They do the same thing with Geno.

It can be, when a team gets your defense on it's heels, in a hurry up situation. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:32 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: It's High School...(sure)...but, he looks like a man playing a boys game. The video shows at 1:45 he's playing G/T and killing it. It was just a light going off, if Andrew could be a hybrid O-line player for us, I mean, to me he looks faster and stronger than Andre Smith... just thinking outside the box.

wow.  he was killing those poor kids.  multiple pancakes every play
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 11:00 AM)bonesaw Wrote: wow.  he was killing those poor kids.  multiple pancakes every play

Our new FB in short yardage?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote