Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jackson Carman New Bengals OL
Chase young beat him like a drum.
Reply/Quote
Supposedly the arm length of 32.5 is incorrect, his arm length is actually 33.25 according to Dan Hoard.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:46 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Chase young beat him like a drum.

I mean, that's factually incorrect, as you would be aware if you took 2 mins to Google.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There seems to be some conflicting reports on his arm length...

(05-01-2021, 11:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Supposedly the arm length of 32.5 is incorrect, his arm length is actually 33.25 according to Dan Hoard.

I'm betting that happened alot this year and from watching Carman 33.25 looks about right.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:56 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm betting that happened alot this year and from watching Carman 33.25 looks about right.

You know I’m not an arm length guy, but atleast this puts him back in some peoples minds of being able to play RT in the future.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: You know I’m not an arm length guy, but atleast this puts him back in some peoples minds of being able to play RT in the future.

Yep. If he can improve dealing with speed rushers. At the very least I’d feel better about him filling in at OT in a pinch.

Reply/Quote

Well, this is awkward.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
You know the interesting thing is if Carmen would have went in third round and Ossia in the 2 round I wonder if people would still be griping.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t even realize that he went to a high school in Cincinnati that I usually present to every year!

I wonder if he’ll remember me at training camp without me mentioning it!

(Assuming that he did see it)
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 11:55 AM)bengaloo Wrote:

Wink
Reply/Quote

I thought you all might be interested. Dave Lapham has his own podcast and specifically asked about Jackson Carman.

Paul Alexander compared him to Willie Anderson, as far as mental side of the game. Basically, his football IQ is genius level.

Basically along the lines he knows what someone like TJ Watt is going to do, based off of hand placement/foot placement or were he's located.

Marvin Lewis liked drafting huge physically gifted players, but would sacrifice smarts and technique.

Hoping he could teach the rest. But there were times when reports suggest that Lewis would dumb down the system for players.

With Zac Taylor his draft preference seems to be football IQ, motor/relentless and passion/leadership.

Team and goal oriented players have increased since Zac Taylor arrived. I've seen this team scrap in games and finish even when things are bad.

Which is why I think people want Zac to succeed, I know we technically want every coach to succeed, but the record just isn't there. This is a critical year for this staff.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
... Zac Failure is a spergtard loser. I'll be glad when he, Lou and Duke are gone. Sadly, Duke isn't going anywhere, but at least the other two will be gone after this season with 4-6 wins.

Funny how people cite the Ketchup Man. He hasn't been relevant since the Corey/Rudi era.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 07:40 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: ... Zac Failure is a spergtard loser. I'll be glad when he, Lou and Duke are gone. Sadly, Duke isn't going anywhere, but at least the other two will be gone after this season with 4-6 wins.

Funny how people cite the Ketchup Man. He hasn't been relevant since the Corey/Rudi era.

Nonsense. We had very good OL’s up until 2016. He missed badly on a couple guys that he “pounded the table for” and it cost him his job. But that doesn’t mean we need to rewrite history and claim he wasn’t still producing results up until about 5 years ago.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nonsense. We had very good OL’s up until 2016. He missed badly on a couple guys that he “pounded the table for” and it cost him his job. But that doesn’t mean we need to rewrite history and claim he wasn’t still producing results up until about 5 years ago.

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

It isn't rewriting history when every single ************ here shit on the Heinz-hog, in every last (would be season) in which he helmed the line. Even during the Rudi Era he was questioned on conditioning. Of course I give him credit for the late 90's and early 2000-2015 lines and backs, hence the line you quoted. Did that get us over the hump though, in terms of the line? 

That's all I'm saying. But we're now forgetting the time when EVERYONE wished him gone? Now Pollack is the shroom whisperer... we'll see, but I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2021, 07:18 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

It isn't rewriting history when every single ************ here shit on the Heinz-hog, in every last (would be season) in which he helmed the line. Even during the Rudi Era he was questioned on conditioning. Of course I give him credit for the late 90's and early 2000-2015 lines and backs, hence the line you quoted. But we're now forgetting the time when EVERYONE wished him gone?

Put the sarcasm tag on your posts, because I almost fell for it, goombah.

Great post about re-writing the history of Alexander. He was past his prime and now he is trying to re-brand himself on Sirius as a legendary O line expert. The guy was trash his last six years with the Bengals. His failures on Obi and Fisher is the reason the line was in this pathetic state. He was held accountable and rightly let go. His opinions are just that opinions which I don’t value due to his failures as a coach during his last years with the team. This guy is NOT a legendary line coach. He is a charlatan who knows how to manipulate Mike Brown hence his longer than it should have been tenure with the team. This guy just needs to go away and work for Heinz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 07:40 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: ... Zac Failure is a spergtard loser. I'll be glad when he, Lou and Duke are gone. Sadly, Duke isn't going anywhere, but at least the other two will be gone after this season with 4-6 wins.

Not the way to be man. You should be hoping Taylor finally gets it and we make the Playoffs and win a game at least.

Sounds like you are hoping for failure just to get rid of him.

(05-02-2021, 10:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nonsense. We had very good OL’s up until 2016. He missed badly on a couple guys that he “pounded the table for” and it cost him his job. But that doesn’t mean we need to rewrite history and claim he wasn’t still producing results up until about 5 years ago.

I hated on PA probably more than anyone but he did have some good O-lines. But that was mostly cause the players he got 
were really talented in Willie, Levi, Bobbie, Steinbach, Whit, Braham etc. These guys were polished, when he tried to teach up
unpolished players he just couldn't do it and PA had a monster ego which was his worst problem.

(05-29-2021, 07:28 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?

It isn't rewriting history when every single ************ here shit on the Heinz-hog, in every last (would be season) in which he helmed the line. Even during the Rudi Era he was questioned on conditioning. Of course I give him credit for the late 90's and early 2000-2015 lines and backs, hence the line you quoted. Did that get us over the hump though, in terms of the line? 

That's all I'm saying. But we're now forgetting the time when EVERYONE wished him gone? Now Pollack is the shroom whisperer... we'll see, but I doubt it.

I am not forgetting that is for damn sure which is why I like Pollack so much. If you don't like Pollack either you got problems.

We will see.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2021, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not the way to be man. You should be hoping Taylor finally gets it and we make the Playoffs and win a game at least.

I hated on PA probably more than anyone but he did have some good O-lines. But that was mostly cause the players he got 
were really talented in Willie, Levi, Bobbie, Steinbach, Whit, Braham etc. These guys were polished, when he tried to teach up
unpolished players he just couldn't do it and PA had a monster ego which was his worst problem.

I am not forgetting that is for damn sure which is why I like Pollack so much. If you don't like Pollack either you got problems.

We will see.

Agree with all your points, but wanted to just say how much I still miss Rich Braham. Dude was a beast and one of the most underrated Bengals ever in my eyes. 
Reply/Quote
I don't know anyone on here who thinks it was wrong to get rid of Piano Man when we did. He clearly had lost the script on teaching effective line technique and his pounding the table for Ogbuehi and Bodine was a death knell too.

That said, this does not instantly make him a complete idiot on NFL linemen. He is a consultant nowadays on offensive lines and linemen and a lot of teams use his services. Also Big Willie was high on Carman too, and if you look at the scouting before and after he had his private workouts the ones after had him as high second / low first while the ones before were almost all second round. He went where he should have been taken.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2021, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not the way to be man. You should be hoping Taylor finally gets it and we make the Playoffs and win a game at least.

We will see.

I kind of want Zac gone because my expectations thus far is he doesn’t have what it takes, but he’s still the bengals head coach and I will respect him and hope he takes us to the promised land until he’s no longer the coach. We should all hope the best for our team members. Don’t like Carman? I don’t see why anyone wouldn’t hope he’s a perennial all pro and future hall of famer for us.
Reply/Quote