Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Kris Jenkins

Another high end athlete. And a captain from a national champion team to boot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard.
Reply/Quote
Kris Jenkins' floor is high so I think he's a great start for the IDL rebuild.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I thought this guy was amazing against the Buckeyes. He’s the single player I felt tipped the game.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
He made some really impressive plays. I don’t know what to think even as a Michigan fan though. That’s not a knock on him, I just wonder how he will do at the NFL level with his size. Could play edge and can stunt, so might actually contribute this year. Could be a total steal, just around a lot of stud DT (two could be first rounders next year).
Reply/Quote
2023 list of Bruce Feldman Freaks at #6 - he said: "Jenkins recently did a Turkish get-up with a 170-pound dumbbell — the heaviest Herbert has ever witnessed. Jenkins does pull-ups with a 100-pound weight strapped to his waist. He also moves incredibly well for being a 300-plus pounder, running a 7.16 3-cone, a 4.33 shuttle, broad-jumping 9-8 and vertical-jumping 34 inches.
Jenkins’ shuttle and 3-cone times are both almost two-tenths of a second faster than the quickest interior defensive lineman did at this year’s NFL combine. His broad jump would be tied for the best. His vertical jump would be second-best, and only Smith topped his number on the bench press."

If you don't know what a turkish get up is, check it out on youtube.

Very impressive
Reply/Quote
I like this pick a lot. Rankins, Hill, and Jenkins should be a solid DT group. Add a big NT in the later rounds and let it rip.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I like this pick a lot. Rankins, Hill, and Jenkins should be a solid DT group. Add a big NT in the later rounds and let it rip.

Yeah, feels like the plan is coming together. Hopefully means we don’t have to see much of Zach Carter.

Reply/Quote
Really love this pick for all the reasons listed above.
Great start to the draft.
Excited to see what we do next round.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:19 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: 2023 list of Bruce Feldman Freaks at #6 - he said: "Jenkins recently did a Turkish get-up with a 170-pound dumbbell — the heaviest Herbert has ever witnessed. Jenkins does pull-ups with a 100-pound weight strapped to his waist. He also moves incredibly well for being a 300-plus pounder, running a 7.16 3-cone, a 4.33 shuttle, broad-jumping 9-8 and vertical-jumping 34 inches.
Jenkins’ shuttle and 3-cone times are both almost two-tenths of a second faster than the quickest interior defensive lineman did at this year’s NFL combine. His broad jump would be tied for the best. His vertical jump would be second-best, and only Smith topped his number on the bench press."

If you don't know what a turkish get up is, check it out on youtube.

Very impressive

Grab a big can of Baked Beans and give it a try.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Bengals came in wanting a DT, and got a good one in round 2.  GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Honestly thought of Kris as more of a Nose Tackle before the Draft but he has all the skills to be a pass rusher as well.

Us getting McKinnley Jackson a true NT after him in the 3rd makes me think that is the plan.

One thing though, our trenches are not being neglected at all and we want to be physical on both sides of the ball.

Love this shit!CheersDrunk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:20 PM)samhain Wrote: I like this pick a lot.  Rankins, Hill, and Jenkins should be a solid DT group.  Add a big NT in the later rounds and let it rip.

Your NT showed up in 3. I like this Jenkins pick quite a bit. They don't want to be shoved around in the run game anymore.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not my favorite 3-tech this year but I did see his dad play so that makes me happy. I'm sure he'll be solid. Lou has a new toy. Let's see what he can do with it.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
National Championship team with an asterisk, cheat'in son of a b....
Reply/Quote