Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome LB Akeem Davis-Gaither
Who Dey !!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a surprise, really. Hopefully he'll be the versatile piece that they're looking for. I can't be upset at them adding 3 linebackers this offseason.
Reply/Quote
I know a TON of Bengals fans would have been thrilled with him at 65, so getting him a round later is just incredible value.

We have successfully rebuilt our LB corp! I haven't felt more positive about our ability to cover TEs in...

...maybe ever. We got real speed and instincts at LB now.
Reply/Quote
The player I wanted in 4. Great draft so far.
Reply/Quote
Such an awesome pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Any concern with his knee? Seeing "bone on bone" being thrown around on Twitter.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the lb position went from a weakness to a strength!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Excited they have taken the steps to completely revamp this defense. It's going to be an entirely new unit out there, a much needed change! Looking forward to finding some new favorites.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Any concern with his knee? Seeing "bone on bone" being thrown around on Twitter.

I saw that, too.  It will be a short career if that's the case.
Reply/Quote
This is exciting! Finally some speed on defense. Future is looking bright. Way different draft from last year for sure.
Reply/Quote
Pally just posted a tweet saying no concerns about ADG health he was check out at the combine or they wouldnt have drafted him.

I've been a huge ADG fan through the process because he is versatile. He's a STAR linebacker meaning hes a 34 outside linebacker but he can line up man to man over split ends and slot receivers, he can play off the line and attack gaps in the run game, and rush the passer off the edge.

He's a great pick to matchup with the Ravens and Steelers multiple TE looks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
When you draft first, both the QB and WR were like two 1st Round Picks. Then the LB's were like 2nd and 3rd Round Pick LB's back to back. 5 will be like a 4 and I hope we get O Line Blocking. We need LB's and got 2 early on. The O Line Coach of Bengals in 1980's said he liked the later round Blockers. So per him, there should be good Blockers under the radar that O Line Coaches see their talent.

Welcome the 2 Linebackers....I would love to see the O Line addressed soon. Top of 5 is like a 4, so an O Lineman would be like a Pick 4 Blocker. Address the weak areas of LB and O Line. Maybe a Blocker Bengals coaches liked at the Senior Bowl. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hell yes. Love the pick. Hoping health concerns are just rumors Either way he will play for us for 4 years at least.
Reply/Quote
Love this pick. Between ADG, Wilson, and Pratt, our LB group is staring to come together.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:38 PM)kevin Wrote: When you draft first,  both the QB and WR were like two 1st Round Picks.  Then the LB's were like 2nd and 3rd Round Pick LB's back to back.  5 will be like a 4 and I hope we get O Line Blocking.   We need LB's and got 2 early on.  The O Line Coach of Bengals in 1980's said he liked the later round Blockers.  So per him, there should be good Blockers under the radar that O Line Coaches see their talent.  

Welcome the 2 Linebackers....I would love to see the O Line addressed soon.  Top of 5 is like a 4, so an O Lineman would be like a Pick 4 Blocker.  Address the weak areas of LB and O Line.

So does ADG, just go with "ADG" on his jersey? Im happy with this pick..need to fight fire with fire in AFC N...have you seen Baltimores picks? they just keep reloading at LB.
I agree we need to now drill down into O Line and maybe a sleeper TE in Rds 5-7
Still praying Jax does the trade we keep wanting.   
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Any concern with his knee? Seeing "bone on bone" being thrown around on Twitter.

He just had surgery a few weeks ago, but it for a stress fracture in his foot.

Like the pick if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are finally joining the rest of the NFL with what to do with the LB position. Speed, speed, and more speed. A+ draft. Hopefully we see some trades the rest of the day. Gabe Jackson on the block. Let's get Dalton moved for something.
Reply/Quote
It would be interesting to know what Blockers Bengals O Line Announcers Lapham and Munoz like still on draft board. They both know Blocking. We need O Line Help and have to figure it's coming soon into Pick 5.....Glad we got the LB Help.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

I'm guessing the knee thing was BS.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote