Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Michael Jordan To Bengals
(04-27-2019, 03:38 PM)Trademark Wrote: This draft has been awful. Needed more defense. What a bone headed coaching staff

You need to talk to Jesus more brother, you are depressing.

I love this Draft, O-line and Linebacker have been addressed while adding talent.

This is all i asked, what a brilliant Coaching staff lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:38 PM)Trademark Wrote: This draft has been awful. Needed more defense. What a bone headed coaching staff

Wouldnt have expected any less from you.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:30 PM)jason Wrote: It's almost like we have to have an MJ on this team.

Ha. True. Reminds me of all the Johnson's we drafted in the 2000's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:16 PM)kevin Wrote: Air Jordan.  Hey, he was great for the Chicago Bulls.  Let's see what he can do for Bengals.

OK, not same Michael Jordan.  Hey, we could use depth at Guard, Center, Blocking. The Bengals Guards have been so so.

But can he hit a baseball is the real question. Reds need a big, 6'7 7/8ths" center fielder who can hit, run and do everything your old appliances couldn't. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:30 PM)jason Wrote: It's almost like we have to have an MJ on this team.

...and guys who last names start with W's...and Tyler's.. We're starting to fall off on Tyler's..  Welp, that's the end of everything.. Not enough Tyler's..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You need to talk to Jesus more brother, you are depressing.

I love this Draft, O-line and Linebacker have been addressed while adding talent.

This is all i asked, what a brilliant Coaching staff lol

Sorry man have to agree. This is the first time I've turned the draft off. Oline is in a better position but not addressed. LB is far from addressed even though I liked the Pratt pick. It just seems to me we are drafting backups and I mean guys who's ceiling really is as a backup. Backup to what? We're not NE. This is the most mind boggling draft I've seen by us in a long time. No reason for this with the amount of picks we had coming in, then the most picks with 13. I would have preferred Stidham or D with that pick. Ryan Finley seems like Dalton 2.0 guy struggles against top teams even with the big time games he's at his worst. Not a cannon of an arm, so once again Ross will be a waste. We should have moved up in the 2nd for Risner or Ford, THEN the Oline would have been addresesd. Trying to give the benifit of doubt to the coaches hoping they know what their doing but it's not going so well at all. But hey just because I'm hating it dosent mean it's gonna suck, they get paid good money to evaluate these guys. Just hope their right.
Reply/Quote

He’s a guard.

Reply/Quote
Good pick. Excellent length, decent size, productive, has some technique issues to clean up. A worthy mid round selection that hopefully bumps one of the underachieving G’s off of the roster.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

This was supposed to be on my first post, not the duplicate.

Reply/Quote
So..has anyone been keeping tabs on the 6th round picks that we had, have traded, etc? It seems we had at one point 6 different 6th round picks and it's now down to 3. It's just interesting to me. We're just now entering the 6th in the draft process. I have a hunch there won't be any more trades unless perhaps it's for active players, but I don't see it happening unless someone has a player they want to unload for a 6th round pick somewhere. 

Oops..meant this to be in a different thread..

Reply/Quote
Jordan will be glad to get back to guard, where he plays much better. Ohio State felt they needed him at center in 2018, and he agreed and took one for the team.I think people will like him eventually.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Sorry man have to agree. This is the first time I've turned the draft off. Oline is in a better position but not addressed. LB is far from addressed even though I liked the Pratt pick. It just seems to me we are drafting backups and I mean guys who's ceiling really is as a backup. Backup to what? We're not NE. This is the most mind boggling draft I've seen by us in a long time. No reason for this with the amount of picks we had coming in, then the most picks with 13. I would have preferred Stidham or D with that pick. Ryan Finley seems like Dalton 2.0 guy struggles against top teams even with the big time games he's at his worst. Not a cannon of an arm, so once again Ross will be a waste. We should have moved up in the 2nd for Risner or Ford, THEN the Oline would have been addresesd. Trying to give the benifit of doubt to the coaches hoping they know what their doing but it's not going so well at all. But hey just because I'm hating it dosent mean it's gonna suck, they get paid good money to evaluate these guys. Just hope their right.

Thats cool Tkuhl atleast you have some reasons for why you are not okay with the Draft.

I think the new Coaches are right, we will see. Pratt was my 2nd favorite Linebacker in this Draft as you know. Jonah was arguably the best OT, Sample the best blocking TE that actually might be able to stay healthy, Finley is very accurate and smart, two things you need in a good starting QB. To get Finley as a backup QB is great insurance.

Jordan is great insurance at Guard and has a lot of talent to work with, he might be able to play OT with his length even.

It is all in the eye of the beholder and some people have different preferences but i just wanted O-line and Linebacker to be addressed and i believe they have been with Jonah, Jordan and Pratt. We will see.

(04-27-2019, 04:17 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

He’s a guard.

Awesome.

(04-27-2019, 04:20 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Good pick. Excellent length, decent size, productive, has some technique issues to clean up. A worthy mid round selection that hopefully bumps one of the underachieving G’s off of the roster.

Agree with you here brother.
Reply/Quote
LOL at the Draft nerds who's feelings are hurt because they wasted all of their time studying the Draft and the Bengals long term goals don't match up with their short term needs.

What are your thoughts about the 2020 mock drafts? LOL
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:28 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL at the Draft nerds who's feelings are hurt because they wasted all of their time studying the Draft and the Bengals long term goals don't match up with their short term needs.

What are your thoughts about the 2020 mock drafts? LOL

Must be the case. Hey, i called Pratt to the Bengals man.

I am a bit of a Draft nerd, but a happy one with this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: Wouldnt have expected any less from you.

Look at all of the head scratching picks we’ve taken outside of the first round and the third. An unproven tight end and this bum
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:40 PM)Trademark Wrote: Look at all of the head scratching picks we’ve taken outside of the first round and the third. An unproven tight end and this bum

Head scratching to who? Just because it doesn't line up to who you think we should take doesnt make it head scratching.
Reply/Quote
With MJ, the Bengals now have 7 IOL:
Boling
Price
Miller
Hopkins
Westerman
Redmond
MJ

8 if you count Taylor.

They probably don’t go more than 6 IOL, so (at least) 1 of these guys won’t make it to the opening day roster barring injury. I’m thinking Redmond and/or Westerman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just watched some film on Michael Jordan. Didn't really like what I saw.

The Good:

Quick to the second level.
Good body placement to seal the second level blocks.
At guard makes solid contact on 0 technique on the way to the second level.

The Ugly:
Bad hat placement.
Bad First step. Even though he's quick to the second level, his initial step lets him get beaten at the line.
Seems to get overpowered by bull rushes.
Feet often stop moving, not uncommon for his upper body to lean into a defender and then fall further out of position.

Overall, it comes down to his feet. With coaching maybe he gets better, but to be honest, this type of stuff is usally stuff that gets fixed at the High School level. Day 1 OL stuff is learning where to place your head, how to take a quick first step, and to always keep your feet moving. Still a bit early to call him a flop, but I'll be surprised if he manages to play well.
Reply/Quote
This guy is an elite Guard yet moved to center to help the team. He is a much better Guard and will stay there in the NFL but can fill in at Center if needed. The guy is 21 years old and has so much natural ability and size. This guy should be starting by at least next season.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:53 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Of all their selections this is my least favorite. Jordan was horrible as a center and caused multiple movement penalties with his pre snap jerking and so forth. I sure hope they are planning to work him at G as opposed to C. He was the weakest link on the OSU O line last season.

Hope he can regain the form he showed as a G in previous seasons.

Have to disagree Fan, that fat idiot right tackle cost US way more penalties than anyone else. Prince is his name and he SUCKS!!!

Reply/Quote