Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome TE Hayden Hurst
(03-17-2022, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Because Pitts is a (far) better receiving TE compared to Hurst, yes.
If ATL was really happy with Hurst at TE, they could have just picked Chase to play opposite of Ridley.
But they chose Pitts because he was more versatile and could offer (far) more at TE as a receiver.

with Pitts you can run 2 TE set or just line him up outside.

Even if Atlanta had someone better than Hurst at tight end, the versatility of Pitts is something any offense wants. 
Reply/Quote
but can he yell in the locker room
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Breaking even for less money is a win. 

Hurst is likely a better receiver whi can get downfield more.  He has some more versatility in where he lines up (FB, wide). Not as good a blocker, probably. 

Again, I'd expect a mid-round TE pick (3rd to 6th). 

Yessir, absolutely. I don't understand the disdain here, lol. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yessir, absolutely. I don't understand the disdain here, lol. 

me either. He's better than Uzomah (discounting 2021)
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Solid signing. Replaces Uzi nicely.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: but can he yell in the locker room

without the eye rolls....

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hurst can't block.
You have no idea what you're talking about.....better go watch some more film and get back with me.
Reply/Quote
Ravens 2018 draft

1 Hayden Hurst
1 Lamar
3 Orlando Brown
3 Mark Andrews

Hurst was Ozzie’s last first pick in the draft
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree.

And no way we are using a first or second round pick on a TE.

No but if Jelani Woods is there in the 3rd I would take him.
Reply/Quote
I actually forgot he was available. Very happy with this pickup.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:28 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Breaking even for less money is a win. 

Hurst is likely a better receiver whi can get downfield more.  He has some more versatility in where he lines up (FB, wide). Not as good a blocker, probably. 

Again, I'd expect a mid-round TE pick (3rd to 6th). 

I think he is a better blocker than CJ, but maybe someone can share their stats side by side for blocking from PFF
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Based on what?

Hurst:
Best season as a receiver - 571 yards, 6 TDs in 16 games
1304-12 across 57 games

Howard:
Best season as a receiver - 565 yards, 5 TDs in 10 games (went down with injury)
1737-15 across 59 games

Howard's a better receiver when on the field, he just got put on the backburner when Gronk came to the Bucs (understandably so).
Howard's also suffered from more injuries than Hurst, so there's more risk there.

I figured I'd get called out on this as I didn't and look up any stats. I was really going off fantasy football and the fact that Hurst was actually relevant in 2020 consequently he had the most targets by far in 2020 and had his best year. I think he will fit what we need from a playmaking stand point.
Reply/Quote
Never fumbled in his career, until LY when he fumbled 3 times. I'll take the signing but can't have that.
Reply/Quote
He's solid and that's all we need at TE.

Healthier than CJ and just as productive.

Now go get Collins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Totally a Bengal (of recent past) move , and I say that as a compliment. Really like this choice.
Reply/Quote
Hayden Hurst is an upgrade over CJ Uzomah. That’s a good thing.
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize his background and what he had done to get to the NFL.  In fact his career started in baseball.  But I found this video just looking things up about him.  If you have 20 minutes it is worth a watch even though I don't like the "give me a thumbs up and subscribe," shit with such videos.

"Meh" or not I hope he lights it up this year as a member of the Bengals.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote