the Browns didn't release Myles Garrett
the Broncos didn't release Bradley Chubb
the Bears didn't release Kalili Mack
the Chargers didn't release Joey Bosa
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 07:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why ? Falcons fans said he's trash

It doesn’t take long to look at the pass rushing talent on our roster and understand this was a great move roster wise.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 07:54 PM)Synric Wrote: And will he be able to clear Convid19 Protocols in time to at least rush the passer in Pittsburgh?

I read he wont be able to play VS Pitt...I do like the move as he brings a skillset we dont have anyone else with....legit speed off the edge .+  If he works out we keep him and it provides some flexibility for next yrs draft and FA market.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose because:

the Browns didn't release Myles Garrett
the Broncos didn't release Bradley Chubb
the Bears didn't release Kalili Mack
the Chargers didn't release Joey Bosa

It kills me. People moan and complain when we do nothing, and moan and complain when we do. I see absolutely nothing wrong with trying him for 7 games. If he doesn't work, then let him go, if he does then we have the inside track to resign him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 07:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: It doesn’t take long to look at the pass rushing talent on our roster and understand this was a great move roster wise.

IDK, it could cut into Margus Hunt's opportunities to blossom.

Reply/Quote
Great pickup. Nothing to lose, he either performs and earns a payday or is out of the league next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 07:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why ? Falcons fans said he's trash

Bengal fans said Carlos Dunlap was trash and he just had 3 TFL, 2 QB hits, and a sack in his first game for the Seahawks.

Sometimes fans are clueless.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 08:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal fans said Carlos Dunlap was trash and he just had 3 TFL, 2 QB hits, and a sack in his first game for the Seahawks.

He is trash because he chose to suck here and lost his starting role here. He is a good player when he chooses to be, but he chose to play like trash and was outplayed by other players.

Gotta move on from players who don’t want to be here. He chose to play like trash and be a cancer. Bye.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with it. They'll have many needs this offseason and limited resources to acquire them. If they can get something out of a high-upside guy like this then that's a win.
Reply/Quote
Browns, Raiders, and 49ers also put in a claim

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 08:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal fans said Carlos Dunlap was trash and he just had 3 TFL, 2 QB hits, and a sack in his first game for the Seahawks.

Everyone on this board is well aware of what Carlos Dunlap CAN do, when he feels motivated to do so.  The fact that he didn't feel motivated to perform up to his demonstrated level, is what took him out of favor with fans, as well as the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 06:36 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Low risk, high reward move!!! Good job Katie!!! I met her at the Bengals/Browns game last year, she was in the box behind our seats, I stood on the seats and shook her hand and talked to her about 3-5 minutes. I sensed that she was going to make changes and she hasn't disappointed. BTW she was the only Bengal owner that was sitting outside till the final whistle blew and it was freezing!!!

That's a great story, and one heck of a memory for you to continue to share, for sure.  The fact that she chose to be the lone rep from the management, sticking it out in the cold, and having the depth within her to greet and speak with a fan speaks volumes about her love of the team.  As demonstrated by all of the offseason moves that were uncharacteristic of the Bengals Mgt. in the past, along with the continued aggressive roster moves during this season, I'd say that she appears to be committed to building a winning team.  

She has been handling the contract negotiations and budgetary items of the team for years.  It's been suspected for some time, and now it appears obvious that she has assumed the controlling word, as far as GM moves for the team are concerned.  Now that we are seeing her vary from some of the loyalty issues that we all have complained about in the past, I have new faith in the management side of the Bengals, going forward.

Edit: Oh, and welcome Takk. I hope that you play like your hair is on fire..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like it. But my dinner tonight came from
Dollar General.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

No doubt. Many think they know better than Head Coaches how to set a deapth chart

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 07:54 PM)Synric Wrote: And will he be able to clear Convid19 Protocols in time to at least rush the passer in Pittsburgh?

Hobs says he will not be ready for Steelers game.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 06:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals claim former Falcoms 1st round pick.

8 game tryout. Not a bad pick up. Rumor had it they wanted to draft him originally.

That would have made it a somehow even rougher 2017 draft for the Bengals (assuming we're talking 2nd round pick).

That said, $435k for an 8 game tryout and first rights to try to sign him in the offseason isn't a bad move at all. Can't be worse than some of the guys they're trotting out these days and no real loss if it doesn't work out.

(11-11-2020, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I look at is as:

We traded a 31 year old Carlos Dunlap who is due big $ next year for a back up olineman, 7th rounder, and a 25 year old Takk McKinney.

I'll take it.

That's... not how trades work. That was 2 weeks ago, man.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's... not how trades work. That was 2 weeks ago, man.

Perhaps why I said: This is how I look at it. 

Reply/Quote
This is great news. We get a younger DE who will actually show
Up and go all.out every play he is on.the field and
And actually give a honest effort
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps why I said: This is how I look at it. 

Why not add Quinton Spain and Brian Allen onto the trade too, then? It's just as related to the Dunlap trade (as in not at all).

Don't try to polish a turd. It was a bad trade, but it was a trade that had to happen due to the circumstances at the time. Don't get to add on waiver wire claims two weeks later to try to make it look better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 08:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Edit:  Oh, and welcome Takk.  I hope that you play like your hair is on fire..

You want him to play like Richard Pryor? 

Reply/Quote