Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Welcome Takk
(11-11-2020, 08:42 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hobs says he will not be ready for Steelers game.

This is something I never understood and asked the same question after we traded Carlos to Seattle and he couldn't go.

If ATL had traveled to play Pittsburgh this week then Tak would have been OK Covid wise. Why is he not OK just because he changed teams? 

They have tests. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why not add Quinton Spain and Brian Allen onto the trade too, then? It's just as related to the Dunlap trade (as in not at all).

Don't try to polish a turd. It was a bad trade, but it was a trade that had to happen due to the circumstances at the time. Don't get to add on waiver wire claims two weeks later to try to make it look better.

Because those dudes don't play DE. As far as I'm concerned this team traded one edge rusher for another younger one at a cheaper price and got some extra shit. 

You're not allowed to tell me how to look at things.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because those dudes don't play DE. As far as I'm concerned this team traded one edge rusher for another younger one at a cheaper price and got some extra shit. 

Except they actually traded Margus Hunt to the COVID list and added a younger DE.

I am sorry Bfine, but it's a dumb take. It's up there with "it's basically his rookie season" about players in their 2nd-3rd season on dumb takes.

EDIT: Since you added some stuff later, I will edit my response. I can't tell you how to look at things, but I can point out that they are factually wrong, and generally bad takes that don't make sense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why not add Quinton Spain and Brian Allen onto the trade too, then? It's just as related to the Dunlap trade (as in not at all).

Don't try to polish a turd. It was a bad trade, but it was a trade that had to happen due to the circumstances at the time. Don't get to add on waiver wire claims two weeks later to try to make it look better.

It was not a bad trade. It was a good trade for the time and situation. You had a guy that didn't want to be here. You get a pick and a backup. Chances are we don't pursue Takk if Dunlap is still here and if we did it would only make Carlos more whiny. So yeah, you can lump these two together more than the other pick ups. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except they actually traded Margus Hunt to the COVID list and added a younger DE.

I am sorry Bfine, but it's a dumb take. It's up there with "it's basically his rookie season" about players in their 2nd-3rd season on dumb takes.

EDIT: Since you added some stuff later, I will edit my response. I can't tell you how to look at things, but I can point out that they are factually wrong, and generally bad takes that don't make sense.

Do you think they pursue Takk if Dunlap is still here? Also, how do you think Dunlap takes it? You think he stays silent? 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because those dudes don't play DE. As far as I'm concerned this team traded one edge rusher for another younger one at a cheaper price and got some extra shit. 

You're not allowed to tell me how to look at things.

I agree with you 100% This a great move! Dunlap won't play like he just did for another 4 games at least.  Its his M.O and I'm glad he is gone. This really worked out for us....
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except they actually traded Margus Hunt to the COVID list and added a younger DE.

I'm sure a bunch of us here think the same way about your take on it...
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:16 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It was not a bad trade. It was a good trade for the time and situation. You had a guy that didn't want to be here. You get a pick and a backup. Chances are we don't pursue Takk if Dunlap is still here and if we did it would only make Carlos more whiny. So yeah, you can lump these two together more than the other pick ups. 

(11-11-2020, 09:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Do you think they pursue Takk if Dunlap is still here? Also, how do you think Dunlap takes it? You think he stays silent? 

It was a bad trade. They traded a 2x Pro Bowler at his lowest possible value for a low pick and a money dump backup.

That said, while it was a bad trade, it was a necessary trade as I had already said.

If Anarumo was any good, Dunlap wouldn't care if they added a backup to him. Dunlap never complained about his backups getting some playing time in the past while he was still the starter.

Dunlap didn't complain when they got Gilberry, or Hunt (the first time), or Clarke, or Hubbard (in 2018), etc... he complained when he got benched for scrubs by an ineffective coaching staff that didn't want him here. Apples to oranges.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ok sometimes I question how I don’t know some things, but I have no idea who this guy is. First round pick? Was he that big of a bust?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Honestly getting Dunlap’s money off the books for next year was a win by itself. I don’t even even really care about the return that much.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It was a bad trade. They traded a 2x Pro Bowler at his lowest possible value for a low pick and a money dump backup.

That said, while it was a bad trade, it was a necessary trade as I had already said.

If Anarumo was any good, Dunlap wouldn't care if they added a backup to him. Dunlap never complained about his backups getting some playing time in the past while he was still the starter.

Dunlap didn't complain when they got Gilberry, or Hunt (the first time), or Clarke, or Hubbard (in 2018), etc... he complained when he got benched for scrubs by an ineffective coaching staff that didn't want him here. Apples to oranges.

Wow, OMG, you're so much smarter than everyone else!!   Ninja
Thanks for pissing in everyone's Cheerio bowl.......
Reply/Quote
This is so weird seeing your team actually do stuff.

This never happened with Lewis haha.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 08:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal fans said Carlos Dunlap was trash and he just had 3 TFL, 2 QB hits, and a sack in his first game for the Seahawks.

Sometimes fans are clueless.

Sometimes coaching staffs are clueless as well. The number of players soured on this coaching staff continues to climb. I'd have gotten rid of Taylor and his pals before Dunlap. Dunlap has a track record, these fellows don't.

For the others, this was a front office move, not that of the coaching staff. Same with the OL pick ups. The front office sees that the line the coaches liked sucked ass and they didn't wait until the end of the year to start looking to improve it, which I like. It's a change for the better.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ok sometimes I question how I don’t know some things, but I have no idea who this guy is. First round pick? Was he that big of a bust?

I remember him getting drafted by Atlanta. Super emotional In tge moment. The tail end of the 2017 draft, which was after the super bowl Atlanta blew that huge lead. He was supposed to help fix it. He has 17.5 sacks and 76 tackles and 1 fumble recovery.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 09:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ok sometimes I question how I don’t know some things, but I have no idea who this guy is. First round pick?  Was he that big of a bust?

Very underwhelming for a 1st round pick.

Not to the John Ross level, but underwhelming nonetheless.

He'll definitely provide better depth, but he's not going to be a Pro-Bowler.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 10:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is so weird seeing your team actually do stuff.

The Bengals traditionally have been the Tolkien Dwarven race of the NFL..... Loyal to a fault.  The coaching staff and schemes seem suspect, but at least their trying to shape the team for whatever they think is better.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 07:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why ? Falcons fans said he's trash

This Bengals fan says our D line is trash so TaK should hit the ground running and pick the scheme right up...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 10:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is so weird seeing your team actually do stuff.

Sadly stuff like this would've paid bigger divedens back in 2013, 14, and 15... When we were right there. Better late than never I suppose.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 06:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals claim former Falcoms 1st round pick.

8 game tryout. Not a bad pick up. Rumor had it they wanted to draft him originally.

Well glad we did nor sounds like a problem underachiever 
Reply/Quote

As to the Dunlap trade being dumb:

You cannot call it after one week; that's just an opinion

But things we do know:

The first game we played after we traded him we won and dominated one of the better teams in the NFL.

The first game he played with his new team the opposing QB threw for over 400 yards and 4 total TDs in a game his team was favored to win.

I'm assuming you didn't like the Dunlap trade when it happened and now are searching for a "see how smart I am" but it's not there yet.

The team needed a rush DE, they got rid of an old expensive one and picked up a younger cheap one, while getting some extra shit. The Dunlap trade made Takk in the running for us. 

Reply/Quote