Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Welcome Takk
(11-11-2020, 11:29 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Didn't justify his first round billing. Had 17.5 sacks in 49 career games.

His PFF grades are
2020 - 69.8
2019 - 67.0
2018 - 61.5
2017 - 67.5

I think he could be the type of player that could be a very nice pick-up if you can find him a role that plays to his strengths. If not, he costs them under a million. Well worth rolling the dice on.

Nah, they picked up a whole load of former 1st round talents on the cheap who hadn't worked out elsewhere for one reason or another under Lewis. Mainly on D - Pacman, Reggie Nelson, Terrence Newman, Jason Allen, Roy Williams and some others I can't immediately recall but also Cedric Benson on O.

Some worked, some didn't but overall I think it was a successful strategy of adding talent. It's low risk, but potentially high reward.

While those PFF grades are not stellar, they are decent.
Given what the Bengals are currently putting out there at DE (Bledsoe, Kareem), a DE in the 60's would be very welcome.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 01:41 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I'm sure Takk has all the physical tools he needs to succeed, but after watching this video I'm not confident that he has what it takes mentally. Its still a good "why not" signing similar to Adam Jones, but this guy is completely unhinged.

https://youtu.be/4GszG-3Y0Wo

Kind of a harsh statement against a young man who is emotional over his Grandmother and may not have had a lot of guidance on dealing with the emotions of suddenly being a millionaire. His college draft profile would seem to be exactly what we need in this hybrid....

Quote:McKinley was invited to the NFL Combine as an outside linebacker and completed all the combine drills except for the short shuttle and three-cone drill. He went under surgery to repair a torn labrum and a fracture in his shoulder socket after the combine. His recovery time was expected to take four to six months, making him unable to participate at UCLA's Pro Day.[9] NFL draft experts and analysts projected McKinley to be selected in the first or second round. He was ranked the second best outside linebacker in the draft by NFL analyst Bucky Brooks, the third best outside linebacker by NFLDraftScout.com, the fourth best edge rusher by NFL analyst Mike Mayock, the fifth best edge rusher by Sports Illustrated, and was ranked the fifth best defensive end by ESPN.[10][11][12][13][14]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 01:41 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I'm sure Takk has all the physical tools he needs to succeed, but after watching this video I'm not confident that he has what it takes mentally. Its still a good "why not" signing similar to Adam Jones, but this guy is completely unhinged.

https://youtu.be/4GszG-3Y0Wo

You know, getting drafted has to be a very emotional time, so I have no problem with what he said.  His grandma obviously meant a lot to him and it seems like he worked his butt off to keep his promise to her.  I honestly like the passion.
Reply/Quote
Man would it be nice to have Takk for Sunday. The guy can clearly rush the passer and finish.

Emotionally he does seem a bit unhinged from that video. Dare I say he doesn't sound like the smartest guy necessarily. But you don't have to be smart to be great. He's clearly gifted. If he channels his pure talent and is surrounded with the right team environment to excel, he can help us win a lot of games.

Question to all: Has Takk had any problems with late hits/flags? If we are making the Pacman, Tez comparison, it would be nice to see how often he has lost control on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:19 PM)Earendil Wrote: You know, getting drafted has to be a very emotional time, so I have no problem with what he said.  His grandma obviously meant a lot to him and it seems like he worked his butt off to keep his promise to her.  I honestly like the passion.
Passion and grit a lot of times is what separates successful and unsuccessful people. It's definitely good to have. It's also good to be in control. It's a legit concern to think about. As long as he doesn't have a history of late hits/flags or otherwise losing control on the field, we should be good.
As a risk reward though, definitely worth the cash they are paying him if he can get a couple sacks.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Takkarist McKinley
@Takk
·
Nov 11
Thank you
@AtlantaFalcons
for the opportunity to realize a life long dream/goal. And thank you to the fans and the city of Atlanta...

Quote:[/url]Takkarist McKinley

@Takk

[url=https://twitter.com/Takk]

Never meant to disrespect the NFL or whoever else felt uncomfortable watching a young black kid who came from nothing show raw pure emotion

[Image: 1f4af.svg]

Quote Tweet

[Image: 4D5slyzm_normal.jpg]

Bleacher Report

@BleacherReport
· May 1, 2017
Takkarist McKinley will not be fined for dropping an F-bomb during his interview at the draft, per @RapSheet http://ble.ac/2oPzizC

Yeah, completely unhinged..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, completely unhinged..... Ninja

I tried to google personal fouls and didn't find anything come up. Not sure where to find that stat.

Seems like he def. wanted out of Atlanta. That and his tape are all I know at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, completely unhinged..... Ninja

I understand where he's coming from, but raw emotions will be his downfall if he doesn't learn how to control them and be a professional. That's essentially what Deion Sanders said to his face in that video. Based on reports from the Falcons locker room, he never figured out how to do that. 

His numbers are pedestrian at best, and the way he publicly blamed the team for his own failures is another red flag. 

He also publicly put the Bengals on blast on Twitter.

[Image: Eml-C2oc-XEAEUs-K9.jpg]

I could overlook his antics if he had the numbers to back them up. I could overlook his lack of production if he had the character to back it up. Overall I don't mind the signing, but let's be realistic. This is a Longshot that will require a combination of guidance from the coaching staff, and maturation from the player. Sure he has talent and he's shown glimpses on the field, but it takes more than that to make it in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I'll give him a snap or two before I write him off....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll give him a snap or two before I write him off....

Same here.
Reply/Quote
Going from a 1st round pick to a mid season cut is probably going to tone a few things down within him because its puts a lot of things into perspective. A change of scenery would probably do him good about now. He's not the first player who made it known they wanted off their team and will be far from the last.

He has some skills and it just so happens that we are thin at his position. I would be happy if he could be a Wallace Gilberry type for us production wise. I dont expect him to be a world beater, but someone who can add some production and make some good plays would be nice. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll give him a snap or two before I write him off....

I'm feeling generous today so I'll give him three.
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope Takk can live up to Dunlap's latest output:

0 tackles
0 sacks

Now I didn't track hurries or hits so he still may have had a "monster day", put it doesn't seem like much.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's just hope Takk can live up to Dunlap's latest output:

0 tackles
0 sacks

Now I didn't track hurries or hits so he still may have had a "monster day", put it doesn't seem like much.

Sounds more like the Dunlop I know from recent memory. Gave all of his effort last week so now he’s gotta build it up again
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's just hope Takk can live up to Dunlap's latest output:

0 tackles
0 sacks

Had a QB hit as well.

He went up against Whitworth and Havenstein, arguably top 3 at their positions in the league.

I bet he was double teamed the entire day, considering they have nobody on that line.

(11-17-2020, 11:24 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Sounds more like the Dunlop I know from recent memory. Gave all of his effort last week so now he’s gotta build it up again

See above; not making excuses for the guy, but he had a much more difficult task this week, as opposed to last week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dunlap should be on America's Got Talent.
Hes good at disappearing when the lights are. brightest.
"And for our next act, he hails from South Carolina, welcome
Employee 96!!!!!!"
Reply/Quote
Just saw Ben Baby say the Bengals cut Takk because of a failed physical.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:02 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Just saw Ben Baby say the Bengals cut Takk because of a failed physical.

Yep waived from failed physical. Lmao well that was short lived.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:02 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Just saw Ben Baby say the Bengals cut Takk because of a failed physical.

Just saw that too!  Damn shame.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if it was purposeful
Reply/Quote