Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome To Bungles
Many of you are too young to have seen the 1990's and early 2000's of this franchise, and for that you are lucky. It became known as Bungles as ESPN would show highlights of all games and on Bengals game part would say, " and now The Bungles ". ESPN would make 3 Stooges noises as Bengals missed tackles and such. So the other highlights were the main part of the show and they would give just a short time to what they called The Bungles as a comedy part of the show. So I envy those who didn't live through those years, but the problem is the team is back into it. Here is a running back and Bungles try to make a tackle but Whoop, Woo, Woo, Woo, Whoop. Bungles try to go for it on 4th down but Whoop. Woo, Woo, Woo, Whoop.

Some will say the good news is team could use the high draft picks in April, but it sure will be hard to watch in 2019. NO O Line of course, but on D the Bengals can not stop misdirection and plays to the outside. Every team knows it now, and it's all Bengals D will see and Bengals D can do nothing to stop it. All the D problems of 2018 are still there in 2019. All the O line problems of 2018 are even worse in 2019.

I guess there was hope that the Rams coach would over night make Bengals look like Super Bowl Rams, but they just look like the 2018 Bengals players a year older. 0-5 now and the schedule ahead is bleak. This season and last season are what The Bungles Years of 1990's and early 2000's felt like. Today I watched Bengals off and on as I followed other games. I did hear fans Boo and they aren't wrong. If you find yourself watching this team less and less as the season goes on, that's probably a good thing. Yelling at the TV won't make them play any better. Since my mood went from Hopeful to Apathy last week, I switched channels on games and Bengals loss was no surprise to me, but I've been through BUNGLES before in my life.

There is one constant to Old Bungles and New Bungles. Good old Mike Brown as the owner. But pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:47 PM)kevin Wrote: Many of you are too young to have seen the 1990's and early 2000's of this franchise, and for that you are lucky.   It became known as Bungles as ESPN would show highlights of all games and on Bengals game part would say, " and now The Bungles ".  ESPN would make 3 Stooges noises as Bengals missed tackles and such.   So the other highlights were the main part of the show and they would give just a short time to what they called The Bungles as a comedy part of the show.   So I envy those who didn't live through those years, but the problem is the team is back into it.   Here is a running back and Bungles try to make a tackle but Whoop, Woo, Woo, Woo, Whoop.  Bungles try to go for it on 4th down but Whoop. Woo, Woo, Woo, Whoop.

Some will say the good news is team could use the high draft picks in April, but it sure will be hard to watch in 2019.   NO O Line of course, but on D the Bengals can not stop misdirection and plays to the outside.  Every team knows it now, and it's all Bengals D will see and Bengals D can do nothing to stop it.   All the D problems of 2018 are still there in 2019.  All the O line problems of 2018 are even worse in 2019.  

I guess there was hope that the Rams coach would over night make Bengals look like Super Bowl Rams, but they just look like the 2018 Bengals players a year older.  0-5 now and the schedule ahead is bleak.  This season and last season are what The Bungles Years of 1990's and early 2000's felt like.

Would you settle for looking like the 2015 Dolphins - The year Taylor, Turner, and Lou A were all there?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Would you settle for looking like the 2015 Dolphins - The year Taylor, Turner, and Lou A were all there?

With Dalton playing the role of Tannehill...oof.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is lost decade part II. Mike Brown is such a worthless piece of shir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: This is lost decade part II.  Mike Brown is such a worthless piece of shir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aaaaand....  that would be my departure from this pussified NFL.

The game is getting watered down big time.  The Bengals winning a few games a year(or none)just pushes me further away from interest all together.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Would you settle for looking like the 2015 Dolphins - The year Taylor, Turner, and Lou A were all there?

I didn't follow the Dolphins game by game ever.  For some crazy reason I have followed the Bengals.  I have a bad feeling the 2019 Dolphins will beat the 2019 Dolphins by 20 points later this season and that will kill all those who hang on to the one thin thread that we are better than Miami. This team was pretty piggy and stinky under Marvin last year.  Of course blaming the coach is easier than saying all the players stink.  Yes, they could fire coaches every year, but that doesn't address bad ownership and bad players. The Dolphins or no other team has been as bad from 1991 to 2019 as Mike Brown Bengals. It's the worst last 30 years of any team in NFL. Reasons to switch channel and watch whatever else is on, as I did today, as I did last year and 1990's.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You know it’s bad when the best you can hope for is for the Steelers and Browns to lose simply because their fans are insufferable when they win.
Reply/Quote
I know fans are upset but no Bengal fans should call the team the "Bungles." Let alone start a thread...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: aaaaand....  that would be my departure from this pussified NFL.

The game is getting watered down big time.  The Bengals winning a few games a year(or none)just pushes me further away from interest all together.

Erickson got his head slammed into the turf today and the Steelers QB got KOed on a helmet to helmet hit and there wasn't even a flag.  I assure you people got hurt, slammed, and cheap-shotted today. Also, at some point this year Dalton will probably get carted off the field while his wife and kids cry.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Erickson got his head slammed into the turf today and the Steelers QB got KOed on a helmet to helmet hit and there wasn't even a flag.  I assure you people got hurt, slammed, and cheap-shotted today. 

Oh people still get hurt.  Not denying it.

Penalties are ridiculous though.

They should just get rid of KOs and Punt Returns since a flag most of the time.

That might cut down on injuries alone.

Expecting guys to pull up on QBs and change their trajectory mid-air is absurd.

Just like a defensive lineman trying to beat his blocker and accidentally brushing a QBs head or neck area and getting called for roughing the passer.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Welcome!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Oh people still get hurt.  Not denying it.

Penalties are ridiculous though.

They should just get rid of KOs and Punt Returns since a flag most of the time.

That might cut down on injuries alone.

Expecting guys to pull up on QBs and change their trajectory mid-air is absurd.

Just like a defensive lineman trying to beat his blocker and accidentally brushing a QBs head or neck area and getting called for roughing the passer.

I know what you mean, but if people didn't stop going to games and stop watching when a team's best players got knocked out of action then they wouldn't have to protect them so much.  We also live in the high-definition world where everyone is watching every game and can watch every second on demand from every angle in slow motion and spot all the missed penalties that "prove" the NFL has it out for every team..

In the ol' days we watched football on a 13 in low-definition TV across the room and we saw it once and even if we thought we saw a missed penalty against out team the game rolled on and we were SOL.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know fans are upset but no Bengal fans should call the team the "Bungles."  Let alone start a thread...

Nonsense.  The heck with my team, right or wrong, love it or leave it.    You sweat bullet's over this team every game this season then.  I have been called the Die Hard Homer over the years, but even I can't get behind this team now.  I said I would never return to Bungles and I won't.  The 1990's was enough for one lifetime.  Accepting the problem is the first step to recovery.  The last few years of Bengals are The Bungles again if not worse.  This is football at it's worst.  I wish it wasn't so.  The Fans deserved better.  Maybe they get some good draft picks in the rebuild in April. As for this season, 0-16 is very possible and even the 1990's Bungles didn't go 0-16.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know fans are upset but no Bengal fans should call the team the "Bungles." Let alone start a thread...

Why? That’s what they are. They don’t deserve any respect.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why? That’s what they are. They don’t deserve any respect.

Then why do you support the Bengals?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Yeah i can't do that crap again. I put in my time.

I'm at "heart attacks are a reality" age now.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Then why do you support the Bengals?

I don’t. I wouldn’t spend 1 red cent on this team.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t. I wouldn’t spend 1 red cent on this team.

I feel your pain.  It is quite understandable.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know fans are upset but no Bengal fans should call the team the "Bungles."  Let alone start a thread...

Amen. I've been a fan since day one and have never called them that. And I've seen it all. 
Reply/Quote
We are bad. 1-15 bad even, but not Bungle bad. We aren't seeing the bloopers of the lost decade..... Yet.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote