Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Tyler Byod!
Boyd reminds me a lot of Houshmandzadeh but faster. He has great hands, runs great routes, knows how to use his body
and can be a return man in a pinch. Sure there were a couple other guys i wish fell to us like Shepard and Michael Thomas
but this guy is even more versatile.

Great pick. A for the first round, A- for the 2nd just cause i wanted Billings. My stupid thoughts.

Great job so far FO.
Reply/Quote
Well at this rate Billings could still land to us.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There are a lot of people on here who don't think LaFell is capable of playing outside.

Or in a dome... Ninja

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Welcome to Cincinnati Boyd!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil.. ILB Utah.. Sounds like a character from a detective novel..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:36 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: OVERVIEW
WEAKNESSES Relatively low touchdown production to target rate. Marginal long speed. Isn't a threat to run by corners and has to win with routes and hands. Just a possession receiver much of the year. Limited YAC potential due to lack of shake in open field and power to break tackles.

Became a fumble factory on punt returns this year and ball security must be addressed. Isn't he supposed to have strong hands?  Lacks juice to be full-­time kick returner. Separation windows close quickly due to average get­away quickness out of breaks. Needs to use body better to protect the catch rather than just relying on strong mitts.

This guy must have been the only receiver available. He sounds like another Tate to me Sad

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/tyler-boyd?id=2555466

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61Vb9xu8jU
Reply/Quote
Boyd on the move the sticks 360 podcast on NFL.com

Reply/Quote
He needs to put on 10lbs. if he is going to survive going over the middle against our swell friends from Pitt.

Hear that Tyler?

Reply/Quote
Boyd on the DDFP. He is towards the end.

Reply/Quote
Well hell, at least spell his name write.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This sports science made me feel a little better.
Especially the comparisons.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15388038
Reply/Quote
Happy to have him, wished for couple people ahead of him but hopefully it all works out for the best. late rounds I would love if we tried to target someone like charone peake
Reply/Quote
We should have traded up for Doctson/Treadwell or traded back for multiple 2nds and 3rds...Seems like we settled on every pick. Despite my love for Will Jack.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Marvin made it sound like he is going to return punts, atleast someday. Interesting.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Boyd on the move the sticks 360 podcast on NFL.com

Yeah, Boyd reminds me of Crabtree a little bit but he is faster on the field than his forty time hints at.

Great hands, can make contested catches with the best of them. Should be great in the Slot for us with Green and Lafell outside and Eifert in the middle.

Whats great though is these guys can all move around. This guy is an upgrade over Sanu for sure with his hands. Not as fast as MLJ but still, great pick for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 05:53 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We should have traded up for Doctson/Treadwell or traded back for multiple 2nds and 3rds...Seems like we settled on every pick. Despite my love for Will Jack.

No we shouldn't. First we only had 7 picks to begin with, so trading up was not an option. Second, why use a 1st round pick on a complimentary player? The 3 best WRs are all good enough to want to be #1 WRs in the NFL. They won't be that here. And Just like Marvin Jones, as soon as their contract was up, they would want to go somewhere else to be a #1 WR. So we would have traded away picks to rent a guy for 4 or 5 seasons. And the way the Bengals limit rookie play, that means they would likely have been a starter for only 3 or 4 seasons before leaving.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 05:53 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We should have traded up for Doctson/Treadwell or traded back for multiple 2nds and 3rds...Seems like we settled on every pick. Despite my love for Will Jack.

It takes two teams to trade.  We don't know if any team was willing to trade back to #24.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: No we shouldn't. First we only had 7 picks to begin with, so trading up was not an option. Second, why use a 1st round pick on a complimentary player? The 3 best WRs are all good enough to want to be #1 WRs in the NFL. They won't be that here. And Just like Marvin Jones, as soon as their contract was up, they would want to go somewhere else to be a #1 WR. So we would have traded away picks to rent a guy for 4 or 5 seasons. And the way the Bengals limit rookie play, that means they would likely have been a starter for only 3 or 4 seasons before leaving.

I don't understand the people saying we should of traded up. We have to many needs to fill to throw our picks away
for one position. With Boyd we got an excellent route runner with excellent hands to go with Green, Lafell, Eifert, Gio
and company. I think people are making way too much out of WR.

The DL and Center positions are more important in my eyes, still are.
Reply/Quote
We needed a WR, Bengals said that after losing both Jones and Sanu. Sure, they picked up a WR in free agency, but that still left them one short.  Bengals said their real help in replacing Jones and Sanu would come in the draft.  Problem was in round 1 that right before our pick, 3 Wrs went in a row. Announcers said that is first time in history of NFL draft that 3 Wr's went in a row in round 1. .....I'm thinking Bengals might have grabbed Coleman, Fuller or Treadwell, but they were gone......and yet Bengals.com had Bengals scouts listing Michael Thomas of Ohio State as their # 1 WR and Tyler Boyd as the 2nd WR on their boards.  If that is true, then Bengals did get the 2nd WR that they liked the best. ....Has anybody mentioned he is only 21 years old....Also is 6-2, so is a big target for Dalton....I see he has his share of college TD catches and receiving yards.  I'm also seeing that he can throw the ball, and can run the ball. I'm also seeing he is a kick and punt returner. I also see he has played some defensive back. As Paul Brown would say, an all around athlete......Does Boyd replace Sanu as our wildcat QB option also.... 

I'm very happy with this pick...we needed a WR and we got a WR and Bengals claimed he was the #2 WR on their draft boards going into the draft.  If that is true and we got a WR that Bengals scouts and coaches really wanted, plus Jackson in round 1, then this could be like when we needed a QB and got Dalton in 2 and AJ Green in 1 and Bengals said Dalton was the QB they wanted anyway.

I think it would have been just terrible if Bengals had not addressed and drafted a WR early....They did get a WR early, and with the free agent WR, we can move on without Jones and Sanu.  The train to the Super Bowl keeps on rolling. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It took a few days but I'm warming up to this pick. He has done a good job in the media!

Maybe he will be like our Ben....
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote