Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome aboard Tre Hendrickson
https://www.bengals.com/news/reports-bengals-bag-13-5-sacker-hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
Wow. Trey played 170 less snaps than Lawson but ended up with 8 more sacks than him. 

I love everything I am hearing about this guy. Relentless with an aggressive chippy on field demeanor and a low key off the field do your job type. Managed to lead the Saints in sacks even though they have Cam Jordan and Marcus Davenport. Same 40 time as Myles Garrett and they were only an inch and six pounds apart.

And another player stolen from the Saints who they drafted and developed, one of the better defenses as of late.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow. Trey played 170 less snaps than Lawson but ended up with 8 more sacks than him. 

Lawson didn’t get to play with Cam Jordan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lawson didn’t get to play with Cam Jordan.

Always a glass half empty..... Lawson has an injury history. We go out and sign a 1st team All-Pro and people still complain. SMH
Reply/Quote
I’m excited about this guy! It’s a lateral move if we don’t find another rusher either here or the draft though.

This guy + Hubbard and another rusher would be decent. Pair that with A healthy Reader and our line is at least average. I still say we need to drop some money on a Melvin Ingram level of player.
Reply/Quote
One thing I really like about him is his size. 2 inches taller and 10lbs heavier than Lawson. At first glance he seems more like a 3 down player than a situational pass rusher, which is something we need desperately.

Won’t know until we see him on the field, but I think he makes a slightly greater impact than Lawson... could be my inner homer talking.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Always a glass half empty..... Lawson has an injury history. We go out and sign a 1st team All-Pro and people still complain. SMH

Shake your head all you want, but context matters. Lawson didn’t have the advantage of playing with another good pass rusher last year. The guy with the 2nd most sacks on the team (Hubbard) had a grand total of 2.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shake your head all you want, but context matters. Lawson didn’t have the advantage of playing with another good pass rusher last year. The guy with the 2nd most sacks on the team (Hubbard) had a grand total of 2.

Hendrickson isn't playing on 2 repaired ACL's. All I'm saying is last year he was a 1st Team AllPro. Maybe give him a chance to see what he does here before crapping all over him. We all know what we had with Lawson..... a great player who struggled to stay on the field. Maybe he remains healthy, but his history does not suggest it. Gambling big money on him is iffy....
Reply/Quote
Welcome Mr. Hendrickson. Glad to have you on-board. Looking forward to your contributions to an improved defense.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad they signed him. It would have been nice to add him to a pass rush that also included Lawson, but that ship has sailed. Let's hope the team adds more talent today.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the jungle...
Reply/Quote
Welcome. I don’t think people are really upset about the signing. They are upset because they didn’t keep Lawson and sign Hendrickson. He might help, but still a long way to go on D-line.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to Jungle Noise, where we now breakdown a 13.5 sack season into the "He only got them because of other players" category.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hendrickson isn't playing on 2 repaired ACL's. All I'm saying is last year he was a 1st Team AllPro. Maybe give him a chance to see what he does here before crapping all over him. We all know what we had with Lawson..... a great player who struggled to stay on the field. Maybe he remains healthy, but his history does not suggest it. Gambling big money on him is iffy....

This x 1000

I have always defended Lawson's skills and even his production, but his injury history is terrifying.  It goes all the way back to his college days.

It is possible that Lawson plays 16 games this year and Hendrickson has a season ending injury.  But with the amount of money we are talking about I would rather give it to a guy like Trey
Reply/Quote
The Saints had a very deep defensive line rotation with Cam Jordan Trey Hendrickson Carl Granderson and two very solid interior rushers in David Onyemata & Sheldon Rankins.

Trey Hendrickson broke out in his first season getting alot higher snap count but if I had to pick the top two rushers on the Saints squad its Cam Jordan and David Onyemata. Hendrickson is a huge risk/high reward signing because now he has to be "The Guy".

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2020/12/7/22158223/saints-defensive-line-rotation-continues-wreak-havoc-nfl

Great Article on the Saints Defensive Line. It also has a chart that shows Hendrickson only played the Left Edge in 2020.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hendrickson isn't playing on 2 repaired ACL's. All I'm saying is last year he was a 1st Team AllPro. Maybe give him a chance to see what he does here before crapping all over him. We all know what we had with Lawson..... a great player who struggled to stay on the field. Maybe he remains healthy, but his history does not suggest it. Gambling big money on him is iffy....

Who the hell is “crapping on him?” I’m merely pointing out why Lawson’s numbers were down last year. I’m not even getting into health, or contracts, etc. I just responded to the poster that was highlighting how much more productive Hendrickson was in fewer snaps. That doesn’t tell the whole story. Lawson was our entire pass rush last year. I guarantee he would have put up bigger numbers on the Saints and vice versa.

Reply/Quote
Typical Bengals. Not going to take a shot at Hendrickson because we had to sign someone to replace Lawson. But Bengals are always reactionary and not proactive.

A pass rusher to go along with Lawson would have been a move to improve (since we have to go oline heavy in the draft). Yet we once again see the Bengals use FA not to add to a group, but to replace and keep the Bengals afloat.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shake your head all you want, but context matters. Lawson didn’t have the advantage of playing with another good pass rusher last year. The guy with the 2nd most sacks on the team (Hubbard) had a grand total of 2.

Lawson played with the most productive edge rusher in Bengals history and he still couldn't break 10 sacks. 

A lot of people played next to Cam Jordan. Not a lot of them made the all-pro list. I'm sure Hendrickson was assisted by the talent around him, but that doesn't mean he's not talented enough to at least play on par with Lawson.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:54 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Lawson played with the most productive edge rusher in Bengals history and he still couldn't break 10 sacks. 

A lot of people played next to Cam Jordan. Not a lot of them made the all-pro list. I'm sure Hendrickson was assisted by the talent around him, but that doesn't mean he's not talented enough to at least play on par with Lawson.

I like Lawson and hoped we could keep him but didnt want to pay him like a top DE, because has hasnt been that for us ever. He gets pressures but not many sacks. He basically had one really good game last year. We have been waiting for him to have his breakout season (10+ sacks) his whole career and it never came. He will have to make that happen as a Jet now, and good luck to him. QB hits and pressures are fine but they can still end up as positive plays for the opposition. Sacks cant though. We just signed a 13.5 sack guy in Hendrickson. I'll take it. 
Reply/Quote
I like that that if gives us $10 million in cap space for more players. People note that he did this as a piece of rotational line in NO and that is what we want as well. I don't think anyone projects him to go from 53% of the snaps to 80%. Now we can still sign another player or two and a lot of players are still going to become available. Note we haven't cut Geno or Hart yet and others are in the same boat.

We still have cap space and room to make more. We have Reeder, Tupuo and Wren coming back and will add in the draft as well. I'm not going to be upset till we see how it shakes all out.
Reply/Quote