Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome much needed Kansas OT Adeniji
(04-28-2020, 01:41 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I was thinking Rod Jones from Kansas as well.  He gave us a couple years of decent play at T way back in the day

We had 2 Rod Joneses back then. An OL that missed a lot of blocks and a CB that got burnt all the time. I'm not sure what you consider decent but that's how a remember them. That was a sad time for the Bengals.

My buddy and I used to watch the games together and every time a pass was completed the commentator would say, "and covering on that play was..." and we'd both say Rod Jones. Unfortunately we were more often right then wrong those days.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Yeah, that was late 2000s, right? Wasn't Fitzpatrick filling in for CP9 back then? Ced Benson had just gotten here.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 02:25 PM)Mer Wrote: We had 2 Rod Joneses back then. An OL that missed a lot of blocks and a CB that got burnt all the time. I'm not sure what you consider decent but that's how a remember them. That was a sad time for the Bengals.

My buddy and I used to watch the games together and every time a pass was completed the commentator would say, "and covering on that play was..." and we'd both say Rod Jones. Unfortunately we were more often right then wrong those days.

Considering what we had on the team, yes, he was decent.  An upgrade from Melvin Tuten
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:54 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Can't play tackle in the NFL because he has a tiny dick? 

Did you ever play in the NFL?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:00 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Considering what we had on the team, yes, he was decent.  An upgrade from Melvin Tuten

True.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 02:46 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yeah, that was late 2000s, right? Wasn't Fitzpatrick filling in for CP9 back then? Ced Benson had just gotten here.

Rod Jones the DB was the one who ran down Bo Jackson that time !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVlF6zfoLM
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:23 PM)pulses Wrote: Rod Jones the DB was the one who ran down Bo Jackson that time !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwVlF6zfoLM

Familiar position for Rod
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the vid Burreaux. I think Adeniji could be a steal man.

Dude is smart, big, fast, has long arms and quick feet. I just think he needs to keep his hands more inside the chest
so he doesn't get caught holding all the time at the next level. The initial punch is what should save him.

What I like about him was in his draft write up, professionalism. Sounds like the type very open to coaching and taking instruction well. Work on that technique and he might be competing for. As starting job in 2-3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm just trying to figure out why we keep drafting basketball legends. First Michael Jordan, now Hakeem and Kareem?

Hey, if you're only gonna go by one name, then we've been drafting a lot of NBA legends with the name Johnson  Tongue  . We've had a Barkley, a Malone a couple Jordans, maybe a Robinson (not sure), a Russell, and probably others at some point on our team.
Reply/Quote
Oh wow, I forgot about Rod Jones. Dude epitomized toast.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:19 PM)Okeana Wrote: people can't read.  The guy is a train wreck of injuries.  Back injury, ankle injury, torn labrum, concussion, and a lacerated kidney to list some =)

yeah but what did he do to the other guy? Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:00 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Considering what we had on the team, yes, he was decent.  An upgrade from Melvin Tuten

I forgot about ole tuten. Wasn't he pretty common?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 04:01 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: What I like about him was in his draft write up, professionalism.  Sounds like the type very open to coaching and taking instruction well.  Work on that technique and he might be competing for. As starting job in 2-3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I like the most as well. All the guys we picked are very coachable and almost all were Captains on their teams.

Adeniji was a Captain for Kansas just like every other pick besides Tee.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 06:57 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I forgot about ole tuten. Wasn't he pretty common?

Jerry
Reply/Quote