Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to Draft Season Madness!
There really is no "nightmare" scenario in this draft unless no QBs go in the top 5.

Then you have some real tough choices to make
Reply/Quote
The more I read about Parsons, the more in this scenario, I think I'd take him. He has the ability to play all 3 LB spots, can stop the run and play in coverage.

For years, we've played against defenses in this division that have that one bad ass guy at LB that is the glue to the defense. And for years, we have been searching for our own real alpha/QB for the defense. This might be the situation in which we finally get that guy. We watched pitt leap frog us to take the guy last chance we had, Patrick McQueen looks to be the next in a long line of pain in the ass LBs from Baltimore, I think if Sewell is gone, that Parsons certainly needs to get some attention. An explosive hitter, that can cover, stop the run and blitz. We haven't had that in a long time.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The more I read about Parsons, the more in this scenario, I think I'd take him. He has the ability to play all 3 LB spots, can stop the run and play in coverage.

For years, we've played against defenses in this division that have that one bad ass guy at LB that is the glue to the defense.  And for years, we have been searching for our own real alpha/QB for the defense. This might be the situation in which we finally get that guy. We watched pitt leap frog us to take the guy last chance we had, Patrick McQueen looks to be the next in a long line of pain in the ass LBs from Baltimore, I think if Sewell is gone, that Parsons certainly needs to get some attention. An explosive hitter, that can cover, stop the run and blitz. We haven't had that in a long time.

I'm sure you've already read about how bad of an idea it is to pick a stack LB that high. Even the Kuechley's of the world take a couple years to become a true force. 

Queen wrecked the Bengals but for the rest of the year, he sucked donkey balls. Had almost as many missed tackles as assists (and by almost, i mean he had 1 more assist), gave up an astounding 86% completion percentage for a ton of catches and a buttload of yards (500+), gave up 5 TDs with only 1 int and had a rating against of 120.8

Some around here might look at his 100+ tackles and think he had a good year. 

He did not. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
2 QBs going in the first 4 picks is not a nightmare scenario.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There really is no "nightmare" scenario in this draft unless no QBs go in the top 5.

Then you trade back cuz hoo boy Trevor Lawrence is going to command a lot of dough at 5.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm sure you've already read about how bad of an idea it is to pick a stack LB that high. Even the Kuechley's of the world take a couple years to become a true force. 

Queen wrecked the Bengals but for the rest of the year, he sucked donkey balls. Had almost as many missed tackles as assists (and by almost, i mean he had 1 more assist), gave up an astounding 86% completion percentage for a ton of catches and a buttload of yards (500+), gave up 5 TDs with only 1 int and had a rating against of 120.8

He did not. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Logan Wilson's progression next year.. Wilson only had like 350 snaps but alot of it was in coverage which he played really well. I want to see how he develops filling run gaps in year two.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing Logan Wilson's progression next year.. Wilson only had like 350 snaps but alot of it was in coverage which he played really well. I want to see how he develops filling run gaps in year two.

He was the most promising looking one of the group. At least the one that flashed the most in his opportunities. 

At some point, i'd like to go back and focus on him game by game to see where his warts were. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing Logan Wilson's progression next year.. Wilson only had like 350 snaps but alot of it was in coverage which he played really well. I want to see how he develops filling run gaps in year two.

(01-26-2021, 07:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was the most promising looking one of the group. At least the one that flashed the most in his opportunities. 

At some point, i'd like to go back and focus on him game by game to see where his warts were. 

He did. Also adg looked horrible at the beginning but was averaging 75+ pff grades by end of season... he got better every single week. Thing we really got a great 2. And seeing what Bailey can do now that he’ll be fully recovered. Remember Bailey was a 2nd round talent unanimously.
Reply/Quote
A bigger nightmare is only one (or no) QB going in the top 4 picks.

We've heard NYJ may not take a QB. They need a WR badly and could also use another OT if they want to replace Fant.

Miami just took Tua last year, so they may also not be in the market for QB. Like NYJ, they could use another WR to go along with Parker
and Gesicki, or they could go OT if they think they may want to upgrade one of their two OTs they drafted last year in Austin Jackson (1st round) and Robert Hunt (2nd round).

ATL needs defense if they aren't going QB, but perhaps they decide they want to upgrade TE or get a new WR to be WR3 until Julio Jones retires and then take over his spot.

It's also worth pointing out that JAX really could use an upgrade at OT even if Cam Robinson doesn't leave in FA.

So what if it played out like this?
JAX - Sewell
NYJ - Chase
MIA - Smith
ATL - Pitts

To me, that seems like true nightmare scenario, although I really can't see any way all of those teams passing on Lawrence and the Bengals not get a fantastic trade offer lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There really is no "nightmare" scenario in this draft unless no QBs go in the top 5.

(01-26-2021, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 QBs going in the first 4 picks is not a nightmare scenario.

You don’t really need to get caught up in the thread title. It would just kind of be a nightmare to me. I have Sewell and Chase in a tier of their own as far as my preferences go, but that certainly doesn’t mean getting a Pitts, Surtain, etc would be a nightmare.

It just makes what do there much tougher, imo. Whereas either one of Sewell or Chase still being on the board is a slam dunk no-brainer (for me).

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 07:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A bigger nightmare is only one (or no) QB going in the top 4 picks.

We've heard NYJ may not take a QB. They need a WR badly and could also use another OT if they want to replace Fant.

Miami just took Tua last year, so they may also not be in the market for QB. Like NYJ, they could use another WR to go along with Parker
and Gesicki, or they could go OT if they think they may want to upgrade one of their two OTs they drafted last year in Austin Jackson (1st round) and Robert Hunt (2nd round).

ATL needs defense if they aren't going QB, but perhaps they decide they want to upgrade TE or get a new WR to be WR3 until Julio Jones retires and then take over his spot.

It's also worth pointing out that JAX really could use an upgrade at OT even if Cam Robinson doesn't leave in FA.

So what if it played out like this?
JAX - Sewell
NYJ - Chase
MIA - Smith
ATL - Pitts

To me, that seems like true nightmare scenario, although I really can't see any way all of those teams passing on Lawrence and the Bengals not get a fantastic trade offer lol.

Pretty unrealistic scenario.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm sure you've already read about how bad of an idea it is to pick a stack LB that high. Even the Kuechley's of the world take a couple years to become a true force. 

He did not. 

Yep, they should have went after Devin White, in the 2019 draft..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am at the point that if Sewell is gone, and it came down to Chase or Pitts, I would be tempted in taking Pitts. I just think Pitts will be open and uncoverable. But Chase would give that Deep ball catch Burrow was missing with Green and Ross.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Sorry but picking 5th in the NFL draft is not a nightmare ..come on man....
Reply/Quote
If you can also throw in mind control of Zac Taylor to install an offense that uses the TE as a receiver then Pitts is a good pick. Otherwise you're just picking an inline TE #5 overall.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 10:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry but picking 5th in the NFL draft is not a nightmare ..come on man....

It would be nice if you guys actually added to the discussion and gave your choice instead of just nitpicking the thread title.

But apparently some of you are not familiar with hyperbole.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 09:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am at the point that if Sewell is gone, and it came down to Chase or Pitts, I would be tempted in taking Pitts.  I just think Pitts will be open and uncoverable.  But Chase would give that Deep ball catch Burrow was missing with Green and Ross.

Chase would be a nice physical WR to fight for mid-deep passes against DBs.

Pitts would be a nice physical presence in the intermediate pass game.

I don't see how they could go wrong with either.

They both bring desired traits to the offense and open things up, plus be able to fight for contested passes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 10:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you can also throw in mind control of Zac Taylor to install an offense that uses the TE as a receiver then Pitts is a good pick. Otherwise you're just picking an inline TE #5 overall.

I mean, I’m as down on Taylor as anyone, but I’d like to think even he could figure out how to use an elite weapon like Pitts.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It would be nice if you guys actually added to the discussion and gave your choice instead of just nitpicking the thread title.

But apparently some of you are not familiar with hyperbole.

It's not nitpicking; it's just you asserting that if the 2 position players you want are gone by 5OA, you'll consider it a nightmare. We're just talking you off the ledge. 

But if your 2 favs are gone there's still a lot of talent to be had
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's not nitpicking; it's just you asserting that if the 2 position players you want are gone by 5OA, you'll consider it a nightmare. We're just talking you off the ledge. 

But if your 2 favs are gone there's still a lot of talent to be had

I’m not on a ledge. I’d be happy with Pitts (and a couple others) if Sewell or Chase are gone. The thread title was clearly hyperbolic. I literally put nightmare scenario in quotes.

But you have now replied twice without answering the question. Thanks to those that actually gave their choices though.

Reply/Quote