Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welcome to the 2-2 club
LA Rams, SF, LAC, Bucs, Ravens, and Tenn
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
LA Rams, SF, LAC, Bucs, Ravens, You know what they have in common besides their 2-2 record? Better odds than Cincy to win the Super Bowl
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This year has been so funny so far. 15 .500 teams after week 4. Should rename it the Mid Football League.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 12:16 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LA Rams, SF, LAC, Bucs, Ravens, You know what they have in common besides their 2-2 record? Better odds than Cincy to win the Super Bowl

Which means exactly nothing.....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Which means exactly nothing.....

What it means that there’s several teams that are pretty good with our same record.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What it means that there’s several teams that are pretty good with our same record.

We were close to dead last last year in the % to make the Super Bowl. All of these predictions are just that, they mean nothing. In a sport where one play can injure a player and sink a team's season there's no way of reliably predicting who will or won't be there at the end. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 12:16 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LA Rams, SF, LAC, Bucs, Ravens, You know what they have in common besides their 2-2 record? Better odds than Cincy to win the Super Bowl

For like 3 years in a row all the talking heads had the Browns in the SB. How did that work out?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For like 3 years in a row all the talking heads had the Browns in the SB. How did that work out?

And for like EVERY year at the beginning of the season all the talking heads are saying it will be the Stealers. 
Reply/Quote
The point is how perspectives change. Staying the course is a must these days. We started 0-2 and plenty of reason for consternation. However now at 2-2 we’ve got a lot of company at 2-2. Like I said LAR LAC Bucs Ravens Titans

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What it means that there’s several teams that are pretty good with our same record.

Yes, but the Bengals are pretty good, too, and don't take a back seat to those teams.

I compare the early part of a season NFL to a good golfer that gets to the course 10 minutes before their tee time. They don't warm up, hit any balls and just go to the tee box. I'm a 5 handicap myself and if I don't hit a few balls on the range first I literally play the first 3-4 holes terrible until the swing gets loose.

Really no different than a NFL team who that MIGHT play all their regulars together a total of 2-3 series (Bengals even less) in preseason.Yes, teams do start off 3-1/4-0 but even Cinci. with all their early issues and it still took 2 last-second GW FG's or this team is 3-1/4-0.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 11:48 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Yes, but the Bengals are pretty good, too, and don't take a back seat to those teams.

I compare the early part of a season NFL to a good golfer that gets to the course 10 minutes before their tee time. They don't warm up, hit any balls and just go to the tee box. I'm a 5 handicap myself and if I don't hit a few balls on the range first I literally play the first 3-4 holes terrible until the swing gets loose.

Really no different than a NFL team who that MIGHT play all their regulars together a total of 2-3 series (Bengals even less) in preseason.Yes, teams do start off 3-1/4-0 but even Cinci. with all their early issues and it still took 2 last-second GW FG's or this team is 3-1/4-0.

Good analogy. You nailed it. I think with 4 new starters in the OL they needed to play them in the preseason. LAR and McVay look out of sync and they didn’t play their starters. LAR does have some OL injury issues limiting them.

Reply/Quote
What a tiny moment in time this thread is.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 03:38 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: What a tiny moment in time this thread is.

Every moment in time is as tiny, though!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 03:38 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: What a tiny moment in time this thread is.

Living in the moment for sure.... In just a short 5 days it will be obsolete LOL
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I think what is most interesting about this season so far is that there is only 1 team undefeated after week 4, the Eagles. On the flip side no team has lost every game as the Texans have an 0-3-1 record going for them.

It's really going to be a weird season, and probably a situation where the team most healthy not most talented ends up in the Super Bowl. Just so much parity which is a good thing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think there are "different" 2-2's though.

For example, the Rams just got their butts handed to them, while the Bengals could have won every game.
Not every team can say they've had a chance to win every game.
Therefore the Bengals 2-2 (with 2 straight wins) looks a lot better than the Rams 2-2 (with their last lopsided loss)
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 08:08 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I think there are "different" 2-2's though.

For example, the Rams just got their butts handed to them, while the Bengals could have won every game.
Not every team can say they've had a chance to win every game.
Therefore the Bengals 2-2 (with 2 straight wins) looks a lot better than the Rams 2-2 (with their last lopsided loss)

The flip side of that is that the Bengals lost to two inferior opponents, and should be e headed into Baltimore with a two game lead in the division. Philadelphia is sitting at 4-0 having played bad to mediocre teams. We've had a similar schedule, and are .500. The schedule gets much tougher down the stretch, and we blew some "easy" ones.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think this is the most competitive year I’ve seen so far in the NFL.A lot of really good teams,especially in the AFC.Eagles only undefeated team so far,but they won’t complete the season undefeated.To many good teams out there.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 08:37 PM)jason Wrote: The flip side of that is that the Bengals lost to two inferior opponents, and should be e headed into Baltimore with a two game lead in the division. Philadelphia is sitting at 4-0 having played bad to mediocre teams. We've had a similar schedule, and are .500. The schedule gets much tougher down the stretch, and we blew some "easy" ones.

Well the Steelers we almost won but missed the PAT and Joe Burrow was horrendous. The Cowboys are 3-1 and looked solid vs Wash. But we’ve rebounded. I agree there is a flip side but Buffalo is a stupid Harbaugh coaching error away from 2-2. Yet they’d looked all world. It’s what happens next. We’ll revisit after Sunday Night.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well the Steelers we almost won but missed the PAT and Joe Burrow was horrendous. The Cowboys are 3-1 and looked solid vs Wash. But we’ve rebounded. I agree there is a flip side but Buffalo is a stupid Harbaugh coaching error away from 2-2. Yet they’d looked all world. It’s what happens next. We’ll revisit after Sunday Night.

Honestly I think we should handle Baltimore Sunday. Tee, Ja'Marr, and Boyd should run amuck against that secondary. Lamar will be a problem, but our defense is playing lights out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote