Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Bengals, Chase Brown
(04-29-2023, 04:34 PM)pally Wrote: Chris Evans didn't perform well when given the opportunity last season.  

He was never really given the opportunity as a runner. Like I said, they just aren’t big on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Chase Brown might get the most snaps out of all these rookies. He fits exactly what we needed at RB.

The only way he doesn't get snaps is if he is still having fumbling issues. He has really good vision too, another one upper on Mixon.

His NFL draft profile describes him as a one cut runner.  However, in the strengths and weaknesses it is noted that he has a tendency to cut too soon, failing to allow the linebacker to get flowing.  In other words, the coaches will have to work with him on developing a little patience to allow the play to fully develop.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was never really given the opportunity as a runner. Like I said, they just aren’t big on him.

he stinks. you dont know anything the staff doesnt already know

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His NFL draft profile describes him as a one cut runner.  However, in the strengths and weaknesses it is noted that he has a tendency to cut too soon, failing to allow the linebacker to get flowing.  In other words, the coaches will have to work with him on developing a little patience to allow the play to fully develop.

That is something he can improve upon same with the ball security. Overall, I don't think there was a more complete RB left.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he stinks. you dont know anything the staff doesnt already know

Got any links with quotes from teammates or team staff that allude to Evans' alleged hygiene problem?  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is something he can improve upon same with the ball security. Overall, I don't think there was a more complete RB left.

I'm definitely glad that he's on the team, otherwise I wouldn't have made a welcome post for him.   Wink

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 03:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good RB in the 5th round.

Much like Charlie Jones WR in round 4.  A Kick Returner who switched schools and at Illinois became only the 3rd player in Illinois history to rush for consecutive seasons of over 1,000 yards.  Put up 100 yards games against some of the toughest teams in The Big 10.  

So Charlie Jones and Chase Brown not only add a top pass catcher and a top running back, but both were stars at punt and kick-off returns.  Somebody on the Bengals is going to start getting Burrow the ball closer to mid field and not backed up in own end zone to start a drive. 

Losing Perine, more depth at RB is a great choice. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Will we find a mixon replacement
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Will we find a mixon replacement

I'm not sure that Brown is ready to be an NFL featured back right now, but maybe in 2024?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was never really given the opportunity as a runner. Like I said, they just aren’t big on him.

He was not a good pick in Round 6.  At UM he started 5 games in 5 years, was suspended for a season and had 16 carries as a Sr, 18 his Jr year, and even less receptions.  We spend a 6th on that production?  KC wins the SB with a RB in the 7th with tons of college production, as teams should draft.  So many RBs have tons of production, I am glad Brown does.  The thing with Evans is that although he obviously has talent, UM couldn't get it out of him in 5yrs and we haven't in the last 2 years either.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He was not a good pick in Round 6.  At UM he started 5 games in 5 years, was suspended for a season and had 16 carries as a Sr, 18 his Jr year, and even less receptions.  We spend a 6th on that production?  KC wins the SB with a RB in the 7th with tons of college production, as teams should draft.  So many RBs have tons of production, I am glad Brown does.  The thing with Evans is that although he obviously has talent, UM couldn't get it out of him in 5yrs and we haven't in the last 2 years either.

maybe its a work ethic thing with Evans..IDK? but he always flashed some talent when given the chance and was good receiver to boot
Chase Brown looks like a bigger and faster Gio to me
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He was not a good pick in Round 6.  At UM he started 5 games in 5 years, was suspended for a season and had 16 carries as a Sr, 18 his Jr year, and even less receptions.  We spend a 6th on that production?  KC wins the SB with a RB in the 7th with tons of college production, as teams should draft.  So many RBs have tons of production, I am glad Brown does.  The thing with Evans is that although he obviously has talent, UM couldn't get it out of him in 5yrs and we haven't in the last 2 years either.

For the record I wasn’t advocating for Chris Evans. I was just pointing out he was never really given an opportunity as a runner here. But that’s probably because he’s just not that good.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:39 PM)kalibengal Wrote: maybe its a work ethic thing with Evans..IDK? but he always flashed some talent when given the chance and was good receiver to boot
Chase Brown looks like a bigger and faster Gio to me

Chase Brown reminds me of Matt Forte.

(04-29-2023, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the record I wasn’t advocating for Chris Evans. I was just pointing out he was never really given an opportunity as a runner here. But that’s probably because he’s just not that good.

He touched the ball like 3 times last year and scored a TD on one of them. He has talent, there is something else going on like Kalibengal
here says, work ethic, bad effort in practice or something with Chris Evans.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the record I wasn’t advocating for Chris Evans. I was just pointing out he was never really given an opportunity as a runner here. But that’s probably because he’s just not that good.

And I wasnt throwing shade at you.  Im just pissed that we took him and more pissed that given the unearned opportunity he has not taken advantage of it.

Reply/Quote
I love this pick. Maybe he can run past his brother while scoring a TD in the Super Bowl.
Tiger Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Chase Brown might get the most snaps out of all these rookies. He fits exactly what we needed at RB.

The only way he doesn't get snaps is if he is still having fumbling issues. He has really good vision too, another one upper on Mixon.

He and Wiliams will compete for RB2 as it stands. 

RB2 plays more than CB4 (Turner), Slot WR#2 (Jones), or WR5-6 (Iosivas). 

Murphy will play the most snaps, hands down. 
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I expect the Bengals to sign a Kareem Hunt type. We'll see I guess.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase Brown reminds me of Matt Forte.

He touched the ball like 3 times last year and scored a TD on one of them. He has talent, there is something else going on like Kalibengal
here says, work ethic, bad effort in practice or something with Chris Evans.

You just may be right.  He burst onto the scene at Michigan, and then faded.  Have to wonder if it is a personality trait that coaches don't like about him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 07:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I expect the Bengals to sign a Kareem Hunt type. We'll see I guess.

Doubt it with Hunt's off the field problems in the past unless he has completely turned his life around and he has our guys convinced.

Laborn could be a stud and he could be an UDFA with us and we actually went to his pro day if we want a talented RB with off field issues.

Really like Laborn's film.

(04-29-2023, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You just may be right.  He burst onto the scene at Michigan, and then faded.  Have to wonder if it is a personality trait that coaches don't like about him.

That is where I am leaning with Chris Evans. He looks really talented every time he touches the ball, quick, great hands, good vision etc.
Reply/Quote