Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Bengals, Chase Brown
I love this pick.I watched film on him,and he has a very extensive resume.He is impressive.Good pick.I give the Bengals an A+ on this draft.
Reply/Quote
I think Chase Brown will have an immediate positive impact for this Offense.He has special talent.Him and Myles Murphy are my favorite 2 picks of this draft.
Reply/Quote
I like this pick a lot. He reminds me a lot of the Dougernaut, Doug Martin. He runs north and south with a low center of gravity. He doesn't possess they type of wiggle to necessarily make guys miss. But enough wiggle to move them just enough, and he's strong enough for him to run through their arm tackles. He runs with attitude and initiates the contact, but usually AFTER setting the opponent up making them either a bit off balance and attempting to grab him. Despite his 328 carries last year, I don't see him as a bell cow type of back in the NFL. There isn't anything "special" about him that jumps off the page. Barry Sanders elusiveness, or Chris Johnsons speed. But there isn't a lot of weaknesses either and I foresee him being a solid back in rotation for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 09:58 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: I like this pick a lot.  He reminds me a lot of the Dougernaut, Doug Martin.  He runs north and south with a low center of gravity.  He doesn't possess they type of wiggle to necessarily make guys miss.  But enough wiggle to move them just enough, and he's strong enough for him to run through their arm tackles.  He runs with attitude and initiates the contact, but usually AFTER setting the opponent up making them either a bit off balance and attempting to grab him.  Despite his 328 carries last year, I don't see him as a bell cow type of back in the NFL.  There isn't anything "special" about him that jumps off the page.  Barry Sanders elusiveness, or Chris Johnsons speed.  But there isn't a lot of weaknesses either and I foresee him being a solid back in rotation for the Bengals.

Agreed. I am thinking he might be a bit like Bernard Scott was with us, though Chase is faster and bulkier than Scott was. Physically he is roughly the same height and weight as Giovanni Bernard but from the very small amount of tape I have seen they have different styles. Great value pick in the 5th round. I can't wait to see what he does in pre-season.

Edit: 8 receiving yards per target? That's pretty strong as well. The only concern here is the 8 fumbles (3 lost) in 43 games/675 attempts that others have mentioned.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Brown is great value and he has produced very well in the Big Ten. Like this pick alot and would not be surprised to see Mixon let go and RB committee be in place with what we have in house now.
Reply/Quote
Brown has played a lot of football in the Big 10 and has been pretty successful doing it. I really like this selection and believe he could be a real shot in the arm for this rushing offense.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 03:35 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Brown has played a lot of football in the Big 10 and has been pretty successful doing it. I really like this selection and believe he could be a real shot in the arm for this rushing offense.

Indeed, and if he embraces blocking in pass pro he'll rise even faster.  Dude is built like a sledgehammer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He  (Evans) touched the ball like 3 times last year and scored a TD on one of them. He has talent, there is something else going on like Kalibengal
here says, work ethic, bad effort in practice or something with Chris Evans.

And on that one TD, Jamarr had to point him in the right direction to the endzone. Ninja

[Image: 343965399_984529969204207_28862672699320...e=64762BA1]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase Brown reminds me of Matt Forte.

He touched the ball like 3 times last year and scored a TD on one of them. He has talent, there is something else going on like Kalibengal
here says, work ethic, bad effort in practice or something with Chris Evans.

Lmao Nate, maybe he’s just not as good as you think

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about that. The coaching staff doesn’t seem to like Chris Evans much, so this guy could potentially come in and supplant him right away.

(04-29-2023, 04:22 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’d love to be able to bet a good amount of money against this prediction.

I agree

I'm not saying the guy is gonna be all world. But it wouldn't shock me to see this guy getting some significant snaps before the season is over. He needs some polish on blocking and other stuff but he's good.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm confused, his draft profile says he weighs 205 and Hobby has him at 215? I'm not so sure he is Perrine's replacement either. This kid has speed to burn and Perrine didn't. They seem like 2 different backs with 2 different skill sets.

He was measured at 5'11 200lbs at the combine.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 04:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao Nate, maybe he’s just not as good as you think

But what if he is, and then you're looking like the fool?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If you haven’t watched these highlights yet I recommend it. Crazy we got him in the 5th round.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUeny9hHJAo&t=113s
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 05:56 PM)tBengal Wrote: If you haven’t watched these highlights yet I recommend it. Crazy we got him in the 5th round.

I'm excited for what he brings and think/hope he'll get playing time sooner rather than later. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 05:56 PM)tBengal Wrote: If you haven’t watched these highlights yet I recommend it. Crazy we got him in the 5th round.

Youtube videos are no substitute for actual scouting of course, but there are several positives that present themselves on that footage.

For starters, there seems to be no wasted motion.  Every step, or half step, has a purpose.

His change of direction is deceivingly subtle and he seems to be able to stop, or at least pause, on a dime.  His acceleration is just as sudden off a cut.

In those plays shown, he displays good vision and seems to have good anticipation of blocking development.

Lastly, he displays good contact balance- except for that one run where he's trucked at the goal line.  Even then, he falls forward into the end zone.

P.S.- Though I have no reason to believe they have such plans for him, I believe he could excel as a returner.
Reply/Quote
Great story on Chase and his twin brother

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 04:29 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: And on that one TD, Jamarr had to point him in the right direction to the endzone. Ninja

[Image: 343965399_984529969204207_28862672699320...e=64762BA1]

Funny stuff. Hilarious

(04-30-2023, 04:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao Nate, maybe he’s just not as good as you think

All I said was Evans is talented, he hasn't had many snaps to show anything so whatever.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Funny stuff. Hilarious

All I said was Evans is talented, he hasn't had many snaps to show anything so whatever.

yea, because he isnt that good. Trayveon Williams was ahead of him on the depth chart

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 05:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But what if he is, and then you're looking like the fool?

They’re not mutually exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I just wanted to add that its awesome to have a fellow Canadian to cheer for on the Bengals! Oh Canada!
Reply/Quote