Let's gooo!
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard Battle.

Reply/Quote
Great pff coverage grade.
Reply/Quote
Could be a great Safety to go with Dax for the future. Welcome Jordan Battle.

Let's beat the shit out of the AFC North shall we?SmackPervertClapping
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Great pick. If there’s one negative it’s that he needs to tone down on the taunting. Lol. Great tackler and great in coverage. Traded down to get an extra pick and get their guy. I feel much better about the depth in the secondary and pass rush! Felt like we needed one more safety and corner and we got good ones.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:19 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Great pick. If there’s one negative it’s that he needs to tone down on the taunting. Lol. Great tackler and great in coverage. Traded down to get an extra pick and get their guy. I feel much better about the depth in the secondary and pass rush! Felt like we needed one more safety and corner and we got good ones.

Apple 2.0, lol
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Added another team captain. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Someone asked if we trusted Duke and co. This draft is going to test that trust. Battle is my only blah pick. More curious as to the lack of urgency when TE’s and were flying off the board

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:22 AM)SladeX Wrote: Apple 2.0, lol

Let’s hope not!

I am so grateful to have Lou at DC. I think this was the biggest move this offseason to not lose him. He’s so gifted at evaluating talent and putting together a winning scheme.
Reply/Quote
The value is there, but I don't see the need. They're taking BPA to its extreme.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:30 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The value is there, but I don't see the need. They're taking BPA to its extreme.

Yea I dont hate the prospect but I dont see the pathway to the field for him on his rookie contract unless its due to injury. 

I give this pick a D+

So far I would grade the rounds B+, A-, D+. Honestly the Bengals usually draft better than this but they are taking depth and picking really late.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:19 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Great pick. If there’s one negative it’s that he needs to tone down on the taunting. Lol. Great tackler and great in coverage. Traded down to get an extra pick and get their guy. I feel much better about the depth in the secondary and pass rush! Felt like we needed one more safety and corner and we got good ones.

Can't say I paid much attention to the safeties before the draft. Although I was feeling a little worried about our safety group heading into the season. I did notice from his highlights that after almost every hard hit he is staring down the ball carrier so yes he will need to tone that down.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: Someone asked if we trusted Duke and co. This draft is going to test that trust. Battle is my only blah pick. More curious as to the lack of urgency when TE’s and were flying off the board

I don't see blah at all with Battle lol

What? You want them to panic and just select a TE cause they were flying off the board? That is what losing teams do...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:34 AM)Synric Wrote: Yea I dont hate the prospect but I dont see the pathway to the field for him on his rookie contract unless its due to injury. 

I give this pick a D+

So far I would grade the rounds B+, A-, D+. Honestly the Bengals usually draft better than this but they are taking depth and picking really late.

NFL Network analysis mentioned his kick coverage ability, so I imagine Simmons will get to work with him a lot this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:40 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: NFL Network analysis mentioned his kick coverage ability, so I imagine Simmons will get to work with him a lot this year.

Yea.. that's my nightmare  a 4 year special teams player that leaves and becomes a good safety on another team.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
As an Eli Apple hater, I love any pick that improves the secondary
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:46 AM)basballguy Wrote: As an Eli Apple hater, I love any pick that improves the secondary

yes we know, you care what people on twitter think about the bengals

eli is a cheap decent corner 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: Someone asked if we trusted Duke and co. This draft is going to test that trust. Battle is my only blah pick. More curious as to the lack of urgency when TE’s and were flying off the board

It's pretty obvious at this point that Zac doesnt put a high stock in TE's like a lot of us fans do, and is pretty comfortable with what we have. I expect we will draft one and there are some good prospects left, but all I see in the TE thing is the fans wanting a near pro bowl caliber TE when we just need an average one for this offense to work. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:51 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: yes we know, you care what people on twitter think about the bengals

eli is a cheap decent corner 

Agree, bring back Apple, good cheap depth and helped us big time in our 10 game win streak last year when Chido went down.
Reply/Quote