Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle
(07-17-2023, 01:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've caught these games too.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Myles Murphy. The Clemson games that have been on he has been a dud. Even the announcers acknowledged he's been a disappointment for Clemson coaches and has motivation issues. I watched 3 Clemson games. 

On another note I caught a Miami game and DJ Ivey looked good. 

I’m ngl i didn’t like picking a project with our 1st round pick.

The only thing i liked about the pick was it was a position of need and he grades as a solid NFL run defender already.

He’s gonna have to work on his pass rush bag for sure
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 04:04 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m ngl i didn’t like picking a project with our 1st round pick.

The only thing i liked about the pick was it was a position of need and he grades as a solid NFL run defender already.

He’s gonna have to work on his pass rush bag for sure

Myles Murphy was a steal at 28 and I never even mentioned him before the Draft because no one thought he would of 
fallen to us. He might be the most talented End in years to come out and has immense strength and athleticism, the sky
is the limit with him as a pass rusher as long as he learns to rush more disciplined and not get washed outside.

Cannot believe any Bengal fan can say they don't like the Myles Murphy pick lol Shocked
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Myles Murphy was a steal at 28 and I never even mentioned him before the Draft because no one thought he would of 
fallen to us. He might be the most talented End in years to come out and has immense strength and athleticism, the sky
is the limit with him as a pass rusher as long as he learns to rush more disciplined and not get washed outside.

Cannot believe any Bengal fan can say they don't like the Myles Murphy pick lol Shocked

It’s 100% lack of knowledge.

But also i see his college production just wasn’t where a 1st round pass rusher should be

So hopefully his athletic gifts transfer over.

But worse case if he’s an above average run defender he does give us flexibility to not pay Sam Hubbard an absurd amount in a few years
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 04:55 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s 100% lack of knowledge.

But also i see his college production just wasn’t where a 1st round pass rusher should be

So hopefully his athletic gifts transfer over.

But worse case if he’s an above average run defender he does give us flexibility to not pay Sam Hubbard an absurd amount in a few years

It is true his production wasn't near what his talent projected it should be. What is nice is the things that he needs to improve on 
are not physical, he has all the tools and is a great run stopper and is very smart. Agree on Murphy at the very least being a good
run stopper for us and giving Hubbard rest. Love the Myles Murphy pick, dude could be great and is great insurance for when Trey
has to leave.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 01:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've caught these games too.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Myles Murphy. The Clemson games that have been on he has been a dud. Even the announcers acknowledged he's been a disappointment for Clemson coaches and has motivation issues. I watched 3 Clemson games. 

On another note I caught a Miami game and DJ Ivey looked good. 

He did not have a great 2022 season. But his penetration and disruption is undeniable. He forces fumbles. I don’t know who he subs for but I think Ossai has a great season. So after battling Hendrickson and Hubbard we bring in those two fresh guys. No fun for our opponents
2020: Freshman All-American according to The Athletic, ESPN, Rivals and the Football Writers Association of America … named ACC Co-Newcomer of the Year by the AP … third-team All-ACC pick by PFF … credited with 51 tackles (including a team-high 12.0 for loss), 4.0 sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass breakup in 414 snaps over 12 games (six starts) … was the first Clemson true freshman in the Dabo Swinney era to record three forced fumbles in a season as well as the first Clemson freshman (true or redshirt) with three forced fumbles in a season since redshirt freshman Ed McDaniel in 1988

2021: Second-team All-ACC selection … collected first-team all-conference honors from the PFF and Phil Steele and second-team honors from the AP … fourth-team All-American according to Phil Steele … credited with 43 tackles, a team-high 14.0 tackles for loss, team-best 7.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and two pass breakups in 549 snaps over 13 games (10 starts) … recorded four tackles (1.5 for loss) with a sack vs. No. 5 Georgia …

2022: First-team All-ACC selection … second-team All-ACC honoree by the AP … third-team All-ACC selection by Phil Steele … credited with 45 tackles (11.0 for loss), a team-high-tying 6.5 sacks, three pass breakups and a forced fumble in 580 defensive snaps over 13 games (11 starts)
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 09:12 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He did not have a great 2022 season. But his penetration and disruption is undeniable. He forces fumbles. I don’t know who he subs for but I think Ossai has a great season. So after battling Hendrickson and Hubbard we bring in those two fresh guys. No fun for our opponents
2020: Freshman All-American according to The Athletic, ESPN, Rivals and the Football Writers Association of America … named ACC Co-Newcomer of the Year by the AP … third-team All-ACC pick by PFF … credited with 51 tackles (including a team-high 12.0 for loss), 4.0 sacks, three forced fumbles and a pass breakup in 414 snaps over 12 games (six starts) … was the first Clemson true freshman in the Dabo Swinney era to record three forced fumbles in a season as well as the first Clemson freshman (true or redshirt) with three forced fumbles in a season since redshirt freshman Ed McDaniel in 1988

2021: Second-team All-ACC selection … collected first-team all-conference honors from the PFF and Phil Steele and second-team honors from the AP … fourth-team All-American according to Phil Steele … credited with 43 tackles, a team-high 14.0 tackles for loss, team-best 7.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and two pass breakups in 549 snaps over 13 games (10 starts) … recorded four tackles (1.5 for loss) with a sack vs. No. 5 Georgia …

2022: First-team All-ACC selection … second-team All-ACC honoree by the AP … third-team All-ACC selection by Phil Steele … credited with 45 tackles (11.0 for loss), a team-high-tying 6.5 sacks, three pass breakups and a forced fumble in 580 defensive snaps over 13 games (11 starts)

Nice post Soonerpeace. Love Ossai and Murphy for the future. Thanks for the numbers and the awards on Murphy.

That is the thing, he does so much in just being extremely disruptive and still didn't play up to his talent at Clemson.

Hope he does here, if so, we got a special player for many years to come.
Reply/Quote
Murphy was solid against the run and setting the edge when they ran to his side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2023, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: Murphy was solid against the run and setting the edge when they ran to his side.

Murphy, Hubbard, and Reader should destroy alot of teams run games. By my count we’ve got 4 defensive lineman who are above average against the run.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2023, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: Murphy was solid against the run and setting the edge when they ran to his side.

Yes, Murphy's strength is definitely stopping the run. I would be more concerned if he was purely a pass rusher that had to work 
on stopping the run. The fact that he is a damn good run stopper makes him more pro ready than just a pass rusher and he will 
be able to get a lot more snaps as a rookie because of this fact.

(07-19-2023, 11:58 AM)Housh Wrote: Murphy, Hubbard, and Reader should destroy alot of teams run games. By my count we’ve got 4 defensive lineman who are above average against the run.

About the worst run stopper on the DL is Trey Hendrickson. All the other guys, BJ Hill, Tufele, Tupou, Ossai and even Carter were 
pretty good against the run last season.
Reply/Quote