Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I Guess We Aren't The Only Ones Saying This
(12-13-2021, 05:47 PM)Spider Wrote: Seriously?????

Burrow was in a zone and his receivers were feeding off it..
Taylor does not recognize Game momentum and the players who are feeling it.. Not just yesterday but all season long
He did Burrow a disservice in O.T.  And im almost certain Joe Burrow took some Offense to it.. But Classy as Burrow is he will defend the play calling and settle for the Humble response when being asked
Burrow 100% was pissed at his press conference when questioned about it. Body language and face expression tell the whole story.. We gotta get rid of Zac before we lose Burrow...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That happens when your QB is leading the entire league in interceptions.

But, again, if Burrow was unstoppable why couldn't he convert a gimme 3rd-and-3?

Excuse they brought pressure and got there in an obvious pass down... That's the whole problem. Zac always doing the obvious. Opposing D coordinators must love going against him...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's the second highest rated PFF QB in the league. The ONLY reason we were in that game yesterday was because of Burrow. He was in the absolute zone and they took the ball out of his hands.

We were averaging 3.3 yards per carry yesterday. We couldn't get anything going with the run all game. 

I haven't seen one person take the position you are taking on this thing, even the head coach who has admitted he regrets the call playing. Weird stuff, Fred. 

Against the worst DBs they have faced all year, none the less.. I hope when Zac goes, his supporters go with him...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That happens when your QB is leading the entire league in interceptions.

But, again, if Burrow was unstoppable why couldn't he convert a gimme 3rd-and-3?

Because Burrow isn't blocking for himself.  You never know what the hell youre going to get with the o-line and pass protection.  Hell, he's been hit how many times?  He took how many sacks?  You don't wait until 3rd down to pass the ball in that situation, especially given the lines performance in that game
Reply/Quote
Trolling
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:29 PM)Tony Wrote:  Excuse they brought pressure and got there in an obvious pass down... That's the whole problem. Zac always doing the obvious. Opposing D coordinators must love going against him...

Yes.  This.  

The Pittsburgh and Baltimore guys really look forward to Bengals week.
Reply/Quote
I know why people, say what they do about Lawyers now...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:29 PM)Tony Wrote:  Excuse they brought pressure and got there in an obvious pass down... That's the whole problem. Zac always doing the obvious. Opposing D coordinators must love going against him...

According to you and many others, 1st down was an obvious passing down; yet Zac called a run
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow was in a zone and the feeling was we were going to score if we just let him keep throwing.

Fred has a point tho. No one can complain about playcalling getting to 3rd and 3, and he does lead the league in INT's (including some bad endzone ones).

It is regretable that we couldn't convert and/or score a TD, so the second guessing and questioning is also legit. 3rd and 3 is 3rd and 3 tho. Not like we weren't in the position to be able to convert with our "potent" offense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously?

Zac gave Burrow a third and three. Every QB should be thrilled with that. And you sure as hell can't blame a coach for a loss when he gave his QB a very makable 3rd and 3.

If the passing game was so unstoppable then why the hell didn't they convert the 3rd and three.

I am not a huge Zac Taylor fan but this is 100% hindsight BS.

Tell it to sports media and Zac himself.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think we have to get past blaiming ZT's playcallilng when things don't work, and I guess crediting Burrow's "playcalling" when things do work (the 4th quarter and most of the first drive of OT).

I'm not trying to defend ZT. I can understand the frustration with his playcalling sometimes. But we are close, and more went wrong and lost us the game (as everyone stated in other threads) then his final 4 downs.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: According to you and many others, 1st down was an obvious passing down; yet Zac called a run

and the Bengals lost.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's the second highest rated PFF QB in the league. The ONLY reason we were in that game yesterday was because of Burrow. He was in the absolute zone and they took the ball out of his hands.

We were averaging 3.3 yards per carry yesterday. We couldn't get anything going with the run all game. 

I haven't seen one person take the position you are taking on this thing, even the head coach who has admitted he regrets the call playing. Weird stuff, Fred. 

Here, I'll enlighten you on him.  Hot takes gets him replies. Nothing kills a thread faster than "I hear you, brother" and he knows that. He doesn't care if he's right or wrong, he just wants attention.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Why do folks keep spouting the outright lie that Zac said it was a mistake or the wrong call to run? He never said anything of the sort. He did say choosing to run is one that will keep you up at night; but he also said, it's what the D gave and they go to the LOS with 2 plays to select based on defensive formation.

Reply/Quote
Maybe our prime players need to start playing 1st half like 4th quarter, overall we have sucked in 1st half, so seem to be playing from behind in 4th..
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do folks keep spouting the outright lie that Zac said it was a mistake or the wrong call to run? He never said anything of the sort. He did say choosing to run is one that will keep you up at night; but he also said, it's what the D gave and they go to the LOS with 2 plays to select based on defensive formation.

He spoke more about it today in his presser which, I think, gave more insight into how he felt. He said “you can believe in your running game, your running back and your offensive line and you can also put the ball in your quarterbacks hands…so yeah, you really look at one call there on second down, believe in the run, it’s a great run that got us six yards to start the half but at the same time, our QB is really feeling it and just put the ball in his hands. That’s one you would do a little differently.”

It’s a long winded quote, so I cut out some of the fluff. You’re right, he isn’t saying that it is a mistake per se, but he seems to be expressing regret and that he would do things differently. To me, he is insinuating that it was a mistake.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:44 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: He spoke more about it today in his presser which, I think, gave more insight into how he felt. He said “you can believe in your running game, your running back and your offensive line and you can also put the ball in your quarterbacks hands…so yeah, you really look at one call there on second down, believe in the run, it’s a great run that got us six yards to start the half but at the same time, our QB is really feeling it and just put the ball in his hands. That’s one you would do a little differently.”

It’s a long winded quote, so I cut out some of the fluff. You’re right, he isn’t saying that it is a mistake per se, but he seems to be expressing regret and that he would do things differently. To me, he is insinuating that it was a mistake.

Of course he's expressing regret..we lost, but none of that changes the fact that folks saying he stated it was the wrong call or a mistake are just making things up. 

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he's expressing regret..we lost, but none of that changes the fact that folks saying he stated it was the wrong call or a mistake are just making things up. 

Perhaps I’m reading into it too much. When I think of regret, it’s usually something where I believed I did something wrong. Maybe that isn’t the case here, no idea. But yes, he hasn’t directly said it was a mistake.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:56 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Perhaps I’m reading into it too much. When I think of regret, it’s usually something where I believed I did something wrong. Maybe that isn’t the case here, no idea. But yes, he hasn’t directly said it was a mistake.

Do you think he would have regretted throwing on 1st down in FG range and it gets picked?

He regretted the outcome; as we all do. Some just look at it more rationally than others. 

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you think he would have regretted throwing on 1st down in FG range and it gets picked?

He regretted the outcome; as we all do. Some just look at it more rationally than others. 

Yes, and I would probably think he believed he made a mistake in calling a pass, but it’s probably not a fair viewpoint to have. A coaches regret is probably different than a players regret since they don’t direct control over the play, they just call a play and the players have to execute. If a pick is thrown, it isn’t the coaches fault. You just have to call the play and trust your team to execute, and perhaps we as fans (me included sometimes) forget this. No one would be calling the run a mistake had it gone for a first down.
Reply/Quote