Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well I Guess We Aren't The Only Ones Saying This
(12-13-2021, 06:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Against the worst DBs they have faced all year, none the less..

Yet they can not complete a simple 3 yard pass?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:29 PM)Tony Wrote:  Excuse they brought pressure and got there in an obvious pass down... 

(12-13-2021, 06:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote:   You don't wait until 3rd down to pass the ball in that situation, especially given the lines performance in that game

It was thirds and THREE.

Pressure does not matter when you just need three yards. Ask any QB in the league if he would rather have first and ten or third and three and they pick third and 3 every time.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously?

Zac gave Burrow a third and three. Every QB should be thrilled with that. And you sure as hell can't blame a coach for a loss when he gave his QB a very makable 3rd and 3.

If the passing game was so unstoppable then why the hell didn't they convert the 3rd and three.

I am not a huge Zac Taylor fan but this is 100% hindsight BS.

Because you have Prince one on one with Bosa and our reveivers running 10+ yards downfield when we only needed 3.
Reply/Quote
Guy in the video has a point as well. ZT’s sphincter gets tight in OT. He did the same thing against GB going run heavy to settle for FG. I thought he was extremely conservative the entire 49ers gamw. Even when we were down 20-6 he called run after run acting like we were the ones up 14.
Reply/Quote
He's only saying the Bengals are hampering Burrow because he's jealous Burrow isn't a Steeler or Cowboy.

But in all seriousness, I'd lean towards leaning on Burrow in this spot but he also hasn't had his weekly back breaking INT in this game yet, either. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The numbers said run. Even Joey B at the line of scrimmage seen the defense and stuck with the run play instead of checking out... Why? Because the numbers said run.

The last two weeks one of the biggest issues has been failure to run the ball when numbers are in the Bengals favor... Also Jonah Williams and Hakeem Adeniji have struggled big time in pass protection. Adeniji is the worst pass protector this season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It was thirds and THREE.

Pressure does not matter when you just need three yards. Ask any QB in the league if he would rather have first and ten or third and three and they pick third and 3 every time.

And he had people on him as soon as he got the ball, he never had a chance. 

The passing game was finally moving the ball with relative ease down the field, where the running game never looked good the entire game.. Burrow should've gotten at least two of those downs to throw. Quite frankly this should be the reason your drafted a guy like this. He is a high level QB who makes plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:52 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Guy in the video has a point as well. ZT’s sphincter gets tight in OT. He did the same thing against GB going run heavy to settle for FG. I thought he was extremely conservative the entire 49ers gamw. Even when we were down 20-6 he called run after run acting like we were the ones up 14.

Remember that the Green Bay overtime started with Burrow throwing a horrible pick that shuld have cost us the game rigth away.

And Zac did not call "run after run".  We ran 3 straight times to start the second half and then only ran the ball 6 more times the rest of the game.

Stop making stuff up.  Burrow was getting a lot of pressure.  He was sacked 4 times.  If Tayor had thrown the ball every single time the second half then you would have been here roasting him for that also.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 09:52 AM)R3stangs Wrote: The passing game was finally moving the ball with relative ease down the field, where the running game never looked good the entire game.. Burrow should've gotten at least two of those downs to throw. 

Burrow had been sacked 3 times on just 18 attempts in the second half.

The defense coverage was compressed when we got closer to the end zone.

Burrow is leading the league in interceptions.

Ther are reasons that no team in the league throws the ball on every down even when the QB is fetting a hot hand.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow had been sacked 3 times on just 18 attempts in the second half.

The defense coverage was compressed when we got closer to the end zone.

Burrow is leading the league in interceptions.

Ther are reasons that no team in the league throws the ball on every down even when the QB is fetting a hot hand.

Yeah, you’re right - - Shanahan called that one run in OT to go with the 6 passes…

Reply/Quote
One thing is a constant certainty, if he had Burrow throwing the ball (which I don't disagree with) and he threw an interception or the WR didn't make the catch, the same people complaining about Mixon being given the ball would be complaining because we didn't give Mixon the ball. I can hear it now.... "We have one of the best backs in the league and we don't use him" Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One thing is a constant certainty, if he had Burrow throwing the ball (which I don't disagree with) and he threw an interception or the WR didn't make the catch, the same people complaining about Mixon being given the ball would be complaining because we didn't give Mixon the ball. I can hear it now.... "We have one of the best backs in the league and we don't use him" Hilarious

This was our Seahawks super bowl moment and we blew it by running it.

Actually, didn't we settle for a FG that wasn't enough in 2015 against the Cardinals because Dalton audibled into an incomplete pass on 3rd down, or something?  We shoulda run, we shoulda passed, we shouldn't have gotten in such a hole that we needed an epic comeback to come up JUUUUUUUUST a bit short again.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One thing is a constant certainty, if he had Burrow throwing the ball (which I don't disagree with) and he threw an interception or the WR didn't make the catch, the same people complaining about Mixon being given the ball would be complaining because we didn't give Mixon the ball. I can hear it now.... "We have one of the best backs in the league and we don't use him" Hilarious

You're right and Synric is right. Cincinnati ran outside zone to the left and Hopkins + Spain were beat on their combo block, keeping Hopkins from climbing to the mike. San Fran came out in a cover two look, but even though there was seven in the box, Cincinnati had a WR tight to the formation so the corner wasn't out wide. Even still, the play fell apart when Spain and Hopkins didn't block their guy - that tackle and the middle linebacker made the play. 

I personally would have thrown the ball there but I am also not a huge proponent of the run game. I don't think the call was bad, the execution just wasn't there because Cincinnati stinks at run blocking. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember that the Green Bay overtime started with Burrow throwing a horrible pick that shuld have cost us the game rigth away.

And Zac did not call "run after run".  We ran 3 straight times to start the second half and then only ran the ball 6 more times the rest of the game.

Stop making stuff up.  Burrow was getting a lot of pressure.  He was sacked 4 times.  If Tayor had thrown the ball every single time the second half then you would have been here roasting him for that also.

What are you talking about? On the last drive he ran on 5 of 6 plays. When we were in GB territory he dialed up 3 straight runs. Don’t attack when you can’t back it up.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 03:21 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What are you talking about? On the last drive he ran on 5 of 6 plays. When we were in GB territory he dialed up 3 straight runs. Don’t attack when you can’t back it up.

you gotta remember that Fred's a lawyer(I believe)

I have 2 friends who are lawyers. They purposefully will argue a wrong point as fact because it's essentially practice for cases
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 09:52 AM)R3stangs Wrote: And he had people on him as soon as he got the ball, he never had a chance. 

The passing game was finally moving the ball with relative ease down the field, where the running game never looked good the entire game.. Burrow should've gotten at least two of those downs to throw. Quite frankly this should be the reason your drafted a guy like this. He is a high level QB who makes plays.

So in the 4th quarter, Mixon starts off with a 17 yard run that got the team going for their 1st TD ( 4 passes/2 runs), we stop 49ers, we get the ball back and we go 3 out all pass plays with a sack to end it on 3rd down... on the scoring drive that tied it up, we overcame a sack on 1st drive and scored passing down the field.  So it was a mix bag in 4th quarter, we had a nice run, some great passes, 3 and out.. couple sacks.

So yes we hit two passes in OT in get close to red zone which we know narrows the field and with how inconsistent offensive had been especially Oline and looking at what defense was giving you, i can see running the ball, we put Joe in a very manageable position to make the first down. What if we drop back 1st down, get sacked now we are might be on border of a FG... 

As for drafting Joe, yes we want him to be that QB we can win games with but games are won and lost as much in 1st half as 2nd half, and Sunday Burrow and Bengals lost the game in 1st half, you don;t want to be the team having to tie in 4th quarter or win on a late drive, you want to be the team ahead late... lets do better getting the lead
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 03:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you gotta remember that Fred's a lawyer(I believe)

I have 2 friends who are lawyers. They purposefully will argue a wrong point as fact because it's essentially practice for cases

I'd offer any individual is a really shitty lawyer if they have to practice on a Bengals forum.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That happens when your QB is leading the entire league in interceptions.

But, again, if Burrow was unstoppable why couldn't he convert a gimme 3rd-and-3?

A weak OL that has been consistently weak for years since the front office basically told Whit that he was done. It's been band-aid after band-aid. Three year deals to Hart and Miller, one year prove it deal to Reiff [best actual OL move I believe they've made since Taylor arrived], 2nd round pick on Carman, some late round fodder on guys who become starters but shouldn't be, and nothing rock solid to make the line worthy of being a Bengals OL, let along being a championship line.

Of course, we all should notice that Whit is still playing and is on a winning team that just knocked off the league leading Cardinals.

Yeah, I know, I kick Mikey Brown every chance I get.

Of course, Zac Taylor is nothing more than a mini-Mike in my eyes.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 03:21 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What are you talking about? On the last drive he ran on 5 of 6 plays. When we were in GB territory he dialed up 3 straight runs. Don’t attack when you can’t back it up.

I did not make my point clear. I did not mean that Zach was not conservative against GB in overtime.  Instead I was just pointing out that he had a good reason.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:52 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Guy in the video has a point as well. ZT’s sphincter gets tight in OT. He did the same thing against GB going run heavy to settle for FG. I thought he was extremely conservative the entire 49ers gamw. Even when we were down 20-6 he called run after run acting like we were the ones up 14.

I turned it off after dude said "It wasn't because of Philips 2 muffed punts, it wasn't because of Evan's missed FG...)

I that point I knew it was nothing more than click bait. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote