Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well, I guess everyone is happy we "played to win" instead of "not to lose"
Because it is better to lose while "playing to win" than win while "playing not to lose".

That is how it works, right?
Reply/Quote
Completely agree toast,don't know why the F we didn't just run the ball on that first down with the lead..
Reply/Quote
It was like watching Dalton all over again with all the batted balls.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:45 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: It was like watching Dalton all over again with all the batted balls.

We batted down twice as many balls as the Jets did. Hubbard alone had 3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I assume you mean the interception? I have no problem with them coming out trying to score. Shit happens sometimes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because it is better to lose while "playing to win" than win while "playing not to lose".

The problem was the play call and Burrows throw. We used that fake multiple times in the Ravens game and multiple times today. 

The defender knew exactly what we were doing as soon as Burrow faked the toss. Need to either add a different wrinkle to it or Burrow needs to adjust his throw. What makes Lamar, Murray, Mahomes, and Rodgers so deadly is their ability to throw the ball in multiple different ways. If Burrow does more of a side arm pass its likely a completion for a decent gain. Instead he throws it straight into the defender because he hasn't developed that skill yet. 
Reply/Quote
They culture still hasnt been established to know how to play to win
Coaching does not use all the talent on this roster properly
Fresh legs and making the opponents defense have to overthink and guess whats coming because, its almost predictable what we do with the lead
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because it is better to lose while "playing to win" than win while "playing not to lose".

What in the hell are you even talking about?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:33 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: What in the hell are you even talking about?

I think he's talking about being aggressive which lead to Burrows interception instead of running the ball. Which is as nonsensical as the way he presented it. 
Reply/Quote
They should've bombed it deep to Chase instead of trying to throw a WR screen to him. Disappointing loss for sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 09:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: They should've bombed it deep to Chase instead of trying to throw a WR screen to him. Disappointing loss for sure.

Not taking at least one deep shot to Chase per game is inexcusable.

Reply/Quote
36 passes. 16 runs. Unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 36 passes.  16 runs.  Unbelievable.

While I didn't get to watch the whole 2nd half, kind of had to pass more because the Jets offense was driving down the field with no resistance. 

Even the 2 ints the d got were a little lucky off of tipped passes. Could've been a double digit loss of not for that.
Reply/Quote
I clearly stated, we need an OC who CAN call plays. Said it last week, even before the big win. Zac Taylor is probably a decent coach, but he sucks at play calling.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:24 PM)Spider Wrote: They culture still hasnt been established to know how to play to win
Coaching does not use all the talent on this roster properly
Fresh legs and making the opponents defense have to overthink and guess whats coming because, its almost predictable what we do with the lead

(10-31-2021, 09:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: They should've bombed it deep to Chase instead of trying to throw a WR screen to him. Disappointing loss for sure.

(10-31-2021, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not taking at least one deep shot to Chase per game is inexcusable.

(10-31-2021, 10:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 36 passes. 16 runs. Unbelievable.

Thank your HC gentlemen.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:50 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I clearly stated, we need an OC who CAN call plays. Said it last week, even before the big win. Zac Taylor is probably a decent coach, but he sucks at play calling.

...and the offensive line was horrible in run blocking today and pass blocking wasn’t good either. On at least two plays I saw Trey Hopkins get completely manhandled and turned around.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 10:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thank your HC gentlemen.

I’d rather kick him in the nuts.

Reply/Quote
That was an ELEVEN POINT LEAD the Bengals blew. Holding a lead against an inferior opponent is a mark of a good team. This is not a good team.
Reply/Quote
The offensive line is still the thing holding this team back.... They can't run so Zac makes bad playcalls like this to make up for it.. Burrow is really starting to have a problem with back breaking ints...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was an ELEVEN POINT LEAD the Bengals blew.  Holding a lead against an inferior opponent is a mark of a good team.  This is not a good team.

I need to start collecting over-reactive posts, so they can come back when someone posts something from the opposite end of the spectrum. Last week i complained about the completely over the top optimism around here and just a couple days later, they're not a good team anymore. One week they're going to run the table and end up 15-2. The next week they're going to lose every game and end up 5-12. 

Can some of you all stop being so Sybil and realize there's 17 games played in the NFL? Teams are going to win games they're not expected to and they're going to lose games they're not expected to.

EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL WILL DO THIS EVERY YEAR.

EVERY ONE

EVERY YEAR

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote