Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well, I guess everyone is happy we "played to win" instead of "not to lose"
(10-31-2021, 11:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I need to start collecting over-reactive posts, so they can come back when someone posts something from the opposite end of the spectrum. Last week i complained about the completely over the top optimism around here and just a couple days later, they're not a good team anymore. One week they're going to run the table and end up 15-2. The next week they're going to lose every game and end up 5-12. 

Can some of you all stop being so Sybil and realize there's 17 games played in the NFL? Teams are going to win games they're not expected to and they're going to lose games they're not expected to.

EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL WILL DO THIS EVERY YEAR.

EVERY ONE

EVERY YEAR

Bro it was the Godamn Jets with their QB and #1 wr and #1 OT out... This was bad .. Good teams don't get be by the lowly Jets with a backup QB and offense that hasn't done anything all year... 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:21 PM)Tony Wrote: Bro it was the Godamn Jets with their QB and #1 wr and #1 OT out... This was bad .. Good teams don't get be by the lowly Jets with a backup QB and offense that hasn't done anything all year... 

The Titans are pretty good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give the Jets some credit
I believe they won the coin toss and wanted their offence on the field first
coach made that decision and they drove for TD
They played well and did not look anything like the team their record suggested
Reply/Quote
Nervous

Jets have one of their best offensive games in years.
And it's zt's fault for not calling a better offense?

Does. Not. Compute.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:28 PM)Benton Wrote: Nervous

Does. Not. Compute.

Jets came to pllay
But we did too
Defense seemed unmotivated and lazy
Coaching has to recognize and fire them up/get their minds right
didnt happen
Reply/Quote
I watched the entire game. People defending Taylor's play calling now is laughable. They were out coached, and outplayed. Period. I guess we blame their excellent play of the back up QB making his first ever start? Who's fault is it this team fell into a classic trap game unprepared?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:28 PM)Benton Wrote: Nervous

Does. Not. Compute.

Welcome to the Bengals board, newb. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I watched the entire game.  People defending Taylor's play calling now is laughable.  They were out coached, and outplayed.  Period.  I guess we blame their excellent play of the back up QB making his first ever start?  Who's fault is it this team fell into a classic trap game unprepared?

The players who don't take it as seriously as Baltimore throughout the week. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The players who don't take it as seriously as Baltimore throughout the week. 

Agree skippy, but who should have made sure this didn't happen?

EDIT: And watch it son, I'm wound up!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Agree skippy, but who should have made sure this didn't happen?

EDIT:  And watch it son, I'm wound up!

lol Wink

Honestly, no one can make them but themselves. They can talk all the talk all week "we're not looking past them" etc, but it's all just bullshit lip service. The play on the field determines how seriously you took them and that ended up being, not serious at all. 

Coaches can yell and scream and make them run, etc, if he thinks they're not as prepared as he'd like but that's not Zac's M.O. and in the end it's 100% on the players to prepare, focus and execute. 

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol Wink

Honestly, no one can make them but themselves. They can talk all the talk all week "we're not looking past them" etc, but it's all just bullshit lip service. The play on the field determines how seriously you took them and that ended up being, not serious at all. 

Coaches can yell and scream and make them run, etc, if he thinks they're not as prepared as he'd like but that's not Zac's M.O. and in the end it's 100% on the players to prepare, focus and execute. 

Well, I'm not buying it.  I'm fed up with what, apparently I only see, stupid play calls, and it's been a problem since he got here.  And since you like UK, I'm gonna' go out back and self medicate before I'm come unglued here.  I have seen, I think in the loss to Green Bay, a 4th and 1 play where he lined up in the SHOTGUN and sent Burrow up the middle on a sneak.  3 years of it man.

Now where is my "medicine", I need some fresh air.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:02 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, I'm not buying it.  I'm fed up with what, apparently I only see, stupid play calls, and it's been a problem since he got here.  And since you like UK, I'm gonna' go out back and self medicate before I'm come unglued here.  I have seen, I think in the loss to Green Bay, a 4th and 1 play where he lined up in the SHOTGUN and sent Burrow up the middle on a sneak.  3 years of it man.

Now where is my "medicine", I need some fresh air.

Reply/Quote
I think empty backfields and shotgun formations are elected because Burrow has designed his game by them
HE can audible im sure but he doesnt
Hes still learning
If he stays uninjured he will out smart this league
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:17 PM)Tony Wrote: The offensive line is still the thing holding this team back.... They can't run so Zac makes bad playcalls like this to make up for it.. Burrow is really starting to have a problem with back breaking ints...

Burrow's ints are the one problem I've had with his play. On pace for 19 this year. Also on pace for 42 tds but the ints are a little worrying. Once he can get those under control he's a top 5 qb all day.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:16 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Burrow's ints are the one problem I've had with his play. On pace for 19 this year. Also on pace for 42 tds but the ints are a little worrying. Once he can get those under control he's a top 5 qb all day.

He’s already top 5 in both TD’s and passer rating. But yes, it would be nice if he would go a couple games without one. I thought he was going to today.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s already top 5 in both TD’s and passer rating. But yes, it would be nice if he would go a couple games without one. I thought he was going to today.

Yeah that's why his play is so promising, if he can lower the 1 negative he has thats a perennial in the MVP discussion QB, and hopefully future HoF. 

A 2:1 or slightly better td to int ratio doesn't get you into the HoF in the modern day nfl, and I think he can be a HoF QB. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Titans are pretty good

The Titans were playing without there top 2 WRs (Brown, Jones) and still outgained the Jets by almost 100 yards (430-355) and had almost twice as many first downs (30-16).  They lost due to a few fluke plays and mistakes in the red zone.

We played the Jets with their #2 QB and they beat our asses up and down the field.  They outgained us by almost 200 yards (511-318) and had almost twice as many first downs (32-18)
Reply/Quote
Jets have two big wins on the year: Titans & Bengals.

There isn't an isolated reason why the Bengals lost yesterday, it was an all around bad game.
Reply/Quote
This entire thread is such a reach.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This entire thread is such a reach.

I just find it comical that so many people complain about Marvin "playing not to lose" but when I ask them for an example of that strategy costing us a game no one can come up with one.

Then when we get burnt throwing the ball on first down with 4:30 left and a 4 point lead no one says anything about our poor "4 minute offense".
Reply/Quote