Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well - I lied
So I thought I was only going to do one of these things, but after the final signings of Dansby, LaFell and soon to be Taylor Mays, it got me to thinking again.

Round 1
Ryan Kelly, C - Alabama.
Should be an immediate upgrade to the offensive line. He gets mixed reviews from analysts, but there are some out there that swear he is perennial Pro-Bowl center. That's enough for me.

Round 2
Jaylon Smith, LB - Notre Dame.
The signing of Dansby makes this pick a no-brainer in my opinion. I think his medical will check out and he will be in a similar role to Ogbouie where the team has no need for him to get on the field and won't rush him. Look out for this guy in 2017.

Round 3
D.J Reader, DT - Clemson.
This is really what we need in the middle of the defense - a real pig. A guy that is huge and is a stallion against the run.

Round 4
Shawn Oakman, DE - Baylor
At this point the upside is way too high to pass up.

Round 5
Keyarris Garrett, WR - Tulsa
He's a good project for this team.

Round 6
Jonathon Jones, CB - Auburn

Round 7
Charone Peake, WR - Clemson
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 12:01 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: So I thought I was only going to do one of these things, but after the final signings of Dansby, LaFell and soon to be Taylor Mays, it got me to thinking again.

Round 1
Ryan Kelly, C - Alabama.
Should be an immediate upgrade to the offensive line.  He gets mixed reviews from analysts, but there are some out there that swear he is perennial Pro-Bowl center.  That's enough for me.

Round 2
Jaylon Smith, LB - Notre Dame.
The signing of Dansby makes this pick a no-brainer in my opinion.  I think his medical will check out and he will be in a similar role to Ogbouie where the team has no need for him to get on the field and won't rush him.  Look out for this guy in 2017.

Round 3
D.J Reader, DT - Clemson.
This is really what we need in the middle of the defense - a real pig.  A guy that is huge and is a stallion against the run.

Round 4
Shawn Oakman, DE - Baylor
At this point the upside is way too high to pass up.

Round 5
Keyarris Garrett, WR - Tulsa
He's a good project for this team.

Round 6
Jonathon Jones, CB - Auburn

Round 7
Charone Peake, WR - Clemson

The selection of Kelly would be a shock (but I would be happy).
I think your 6th and 7th round picks are 2-3 rounds too late. The blazing speed and playmaking ability of Jones outweighs his small stature. Peake has prototypical size and speed for an outside WR and Clemson has a good track record of producing great WRs. I think both go in the fourth round or earlier.
I think better DTs will be there in the third compared to Reader, but if the Bengals like him, no concern taking there. I think he's more of a 4-5 round player though. Maybe swap Reader and Oakman for that reason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Obviously i would love the Kelly pick, don't care if it is in the 1st round. This would help out our entire team
more than any pick. I just doubt they blatantly say they were wrong about Bodine, especially PA. Doubt this
would happen but would love it more than any pick ever.

Love Jaylon Smith, this would be a great gamble unlike the Hunt pick. With the Dansby pick up this is just
perfect for our team. We will not need Jaylon immediately but down the road he would be a star for us or he
won't be and his career will be over cause of the injuries. Worth the gamble though.

I like Ridgeway better than Reader cause he is not a one trick pony but who knows if someone else sees it
and takes Ridgeway earlier. We have to get a DT in this deep draft class IMO. Good pick.

Oakman is a perfect fit and this is right where he should be taken with his lack of production last season
next to a premier DT. He reminds me a lot of Michael Johnson, small legs but built up top with great length
and a crazy wingspan. Nice.

Love the last 3 picks but i am with Ochocincos in that i doubt Jones and Peake fall that far.

Overall, very good mock and i would be extremely happy with this Hammerstripes.
Reply/Quote
I think we'll probably take a WR at 24, but I'd be happy with Kelly. It would mean that we are still dedicated to the run game, which we have to be in order for Dalton to maximize the weapons he has in the receiving corps.

Lafell did his best work for the Patriots on the outside. After reading this, I've learned that he's not a slot guy. Hopefully Alford can prove his worth to us this year in that role, but I've got my doubts. I would want a guy like Shepard, who promises to be an All-Pro caliber slot receiver, in Round 2. But I acknowledge that Jaylon Smith would be impossible to pass up if he's there in Round 2.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Do you guys think Kelly will be available at the mid to late of the 2nd round?

I don't want to take him with the 1st round pick (bit of a reach in my opinion), but maybe we could move up a few spots in the 2nd and grab him?

I can't wait til the draft!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 10:31 AM)magikod Wrote: Do you guys think Kelly will be available at the mid to late of the 2nd round?

I don't want to take him with the 1st round pick (bit of a reach in my opinion), but maybe we could move up a few spots in the 2nd and grab him?

He might be but i could understand why a team wouldn't want to chance it and take him in the first.

I sure would love it if we were the ones that took him in the first. Like i said would help us more than any pick.

Solidify the entire OL.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 10:31 AM)magikod Wrote: Do you guys think Kelly will be available at the mid to late of the 2nd round?

I'd be surprised.

There's not a lot of C talent in this draft, and maybe two that could start early. Rams need a center (doubt they do it at 16, but that's still in front of us in the second), Lions are the same, although have a young guy they might give another season. Colts need a center, they pick a few spots ahead of us. Redskins are after us and I don't know how long they stayed with Lichtensteiner (?) last season. At one point I think he was the lowest graded starting lineman. And who knows with the Browns. They could trade back 10 spots, trade up two, then take two centers in the first three rounds.
Reply/Quote

The best scenario i can think of is we trade down even out of the first round and have 3 picks in the 2nd.

Get Kelly, Fuller and the best DT available all in the 2nd round. Center, fast WR and a decent DT next to Geno = team improved big time.
Reply/Quote