Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Surprise Surprise. Same 'Ole
(03-02-2018, 03:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The trade for Deltha O'Neal was very good.
The Reggie Nelson trade, awesome.
The trade for Brian Leonard was excellent
The Carson Trade was outstanding

The AJ McCarron trade would have been an unbelievable haul.

Don't even bother.  People around here are mostly ignorant of all the good trades the bengals have made since Marvin arrived.  All they want to do is mock anyone who dares bring any knowledge to these boards.

Here are players the bengals have acquired through trade.

Reggie Nelson
Deltha O'Neal  
Brian Leonard
Jeremi Johnson
Madeiu Williams
Robert Geathers
George Iloka
Marvin Jones
Giovani Bernard
Reply/Quote
These alternative facts have taken over. We ARE talking Free Agency folks. But your points on trades were legit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
"We are going to bring people to the org that fits."

Fits into what, a depleted below average team? A team with a philosophy that doesnt aim for championships as it's primary goal? A team that goes above and beyond in bringing in and keeping players around with issues and red flags?

Anyways, yeah, same ole same ole it will most likely be. If there is ray of shining light of positivity around this organization and team right now, please for the love of the gods share it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: Marvin Lewis quote:

"Lewis on Free Agency: Being active is taking care of our own folks and then it goes from there. We are going to bring people to the org that fits."

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/969575693167288320

Well wasn't he just saying after his re-signing that the team NEEDS to be more active in free agency and it hasn't done that enough in the past?

He certainly is singing a different tune less than a month later.

Can we start a pool about whether this team will go over or under .500 this season? Count me in as under...

Meh, I never really believed him anyway. He seems to run a campaign of possibilities instead of accomplishments. He will now start working on a way to get extended in 2 more years while actually achieving nothing. We need a term limit on coaches. LOLOLOL!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 04:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: "We are going to bring people to the org that fits."

Fits into what, a depleted below average team? A team with a philosophy that doesnt aim for championships as it's primary goal? A team that goes above and beyond in bringing in and keeping players around with issues and red flags?

Anyways, yeah, same ole same ole it will most likely be. If there is ray of shining light of positivity around this organization and team right now, please for the love of the gods share it.

I'm sure they meant fits financially. As they offer vet min to targets that will upgrade the team and who could get more, and then break the bank (for them) for players like Andre Smith and Minter who have no other suitors and could be had for vet minimum.

ie: no one was going to pay Andre Smith 3.5M or Minter 4.5M. They both could have been had for Vet minimum.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what is different about saying we will extend our own and hunt in free agency?   our own free agents are also free agents and we don't wanna lose more like we did last year (at least the important ones)

We have important fa? And I don't mean in 2028 either. I want to know what important fa IN 2018 that you speak of.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't even bother.  People around here are mostly ignorant of all the good trades the bengals have made since Marvin arrived.  All they want to do is mock anyone who dares bring any knowledge to these boards.

Reggie Nelson
Deltha O'Neal  
Brian Leonard
Jeremi Johnson
Madeiu Williams
Robert Geathers
George Iloka
Marvin Jones
Giovani Bernard

All ancient. . Even Bernard is approaching the end.

I love how you use moves this team has made 15 years ago as an attempt to prove this team makes good moves. The reality is they havnt  done shit in the last few years but show how incompetent they are. You love resting on marvins laurels dont you...
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't even bother.  People around here are mostly ignorant of all the good trades the bengals have made since Marvin arrived.  All they want to do is mock anyone who dares bring any knowledge to these boards.

Reggie Nelson
Deltha O'Neal  
Brian Leonard
Jeremi Johnson
Madeiu Williams
Robert Geathers
George Iloka
Marvin Jones
Giovani Bernard

If you're including Gio Bernard, you should also include Dre Kirkpatrick, as the palmer trade gave their 2012 first rounder and 2013 second rounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:08 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: We have important fa? And I don't mean in 2028 either. I want to know what important fa IN 2018 that you speak of.

Signing guys that will be free agents next year to avoid them sniffing the market is also part of this. but you don't wanna think just bash so continue on...
Reply/Quote
Feck

Can we at least cut bait on wasted salaries and get productive FAs?

Is that really asking too damn much?

The "Bengals Way" is not the way to do it.

No matter how you try to spin it folks.

But hey... at least we're not Cleveland.  Am I right?!?

Bang Head
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a "reason" to not spend in FA?

I'm stunned I tells ya. Stunned.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:54 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Feck

Can we at least cut bait on wasted salaries and get productive FAs?

Is that really asking too damn much?

The "Bengals Way" is not the way to do it.

No matter how you try to spin it folks.

But hey... at least we're not Cleveland.  Am I right?!?

Bang Head

well as for that I don't think that other than Jones there are any big bonuses to get paid out on 3/14 so they could still eventually cut bait with guys as they find upgrades.  (reason a lot of teams are cutting guys now is to avoid that bonus here in 2 weeks)  I expect jones to be gone by then. with the young Corners 3 of them 1st rounders in their own right...  I cant see keeping jones anymore not at his salary anyways which could be in negotiation... BUT we did keep hall at 9 mil that last year of his contract.. (where is hall at now anyways)
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:46 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I was referencing more Marvin Lewis era trades, not Carter and Regan administration deals. HA!  Hilarious

Joiner for Bacon kind of washes for me. Bacon went to the probowl for the Bengals twice! On the other hand, the Chargers were pioneers in airing it out back then, so who knows if Joiner would have done the same with the Bengals. Remember, Joiner was on the Oilers until being traded TO the Bengals. So, they had the right idea. Ha!

The trade FOR James Brooks was the best in Bengals history!

The trade for Deltha O'Neal was very good.
The Reggie Nelson trade, awesome.
The trade for Brian Leonard was excellent
The Carson Trade was outstanding

The AJ McCarron trade would have been an unbelievable haul.

Oh yeah man.....I was just foolin' around.  There have been some good trades while Marv has been here....we need some more!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reggie Nelson
Deltha O'Neal  
Brian Leonard
Jeremi Johnson
Madeiu Williams
Robert Geathers
George Iloka
Marvin Jones
Giovani Bernard

Jeez fred.....lighten up.....I figured folks could tell it was a joke with the  Ninja and even a  LMAO for good measure.....

......guess I was wrong. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
for the life of me i just can't see why marvin loves bodine its pretty insane

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:  BUT we did keep hall at 9 mil that last year of his contract.. (where is hall at now anyways)

I see him daily. He kinda links the bedrooms to the family room in my house. Like Brad, been wondering when he is going to go but I think he's here to stay. May give him a paint job in the near future. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 06:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Jeez fred.....lighten up.....I figured folks could tell it was a joke with the  Ninja and even a  LMAO for good measure.....

......guess I was wrong. Mellow

[Image: im-tired-of-wearing-diapers-you-guys-qui...671299.png]

Reply/Quote

Reggie Nelson
Deltha O'Neal  
Brian Leonard
Jeremi Johnson
Madeiu Williams
Robert Geathers
George Iloka
Marvin Jones
Giovani Bernard

Carson quit and forced them to trade and Chad screamed for one earlier too.

Not sure all these players shold be credited to FO. 

Plus we traded Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson for Gio, Jones, forget the other on your list. 

Not sure it was worth it but had to do it. Not because FO was trying to though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 07:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: for the life of me i just can't see why marvin loves bodine its pretty insane

I don't get it either. Hmm
Reply/Quote
You need look no further than Cleveland to see how the well oiled trade and free agency machine works year after year . That 0-16 last year and 1-31 record over the past two years is the envy of football fans everywhere ..
Cleveland gets to go to the draft super bowl every season .
Just look how many college players are always saying, GEE I SURE HOPE I GET DRAFTED BY THE BROWNS! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote