Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Well folks..I'm done with this team
Nothing changes..nothing improves and nobody gets the hook and when they do they just hire dumber than the one they fired. 
It's not a personal issue with this board. This board deserves better, but I'm done with the Cincinnati Bengals after all these years...and my phone crapped out this morning to make it even better.. 
Thinking about getting my mind away from this mess I have a big job this week to fix up a big house in a high dollar neighborhood full of rotting windows.. maybe I'll buy the team with the proceeds.. Yeah...right..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nothing changes..nothing improves and nobody gets the hook and when they do they just hire dumber than the one they fired. 
It's not a personal issue with this board. This board deserves better, but I'm done with the Cincinnati Bengals after all these years...and my phone crapped out this morning to make it even better.. 

Send me all your Bengals gear, thanks. Keep the Mike Brown photos though. Hehe Joe
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:57 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Send me all your Bengals gear, thanks. Keep the Mike Brown photos though. Hehe Joe

I know it's hard to believe, but I've never spent the first dime on "gear" from this team so you're more than welcome to root through my trash bin.. I know..I'm not a real fan since I don't waste money on Mikey and company, but who could possibly doubt he would spend it wisely on team improvements if I did..?

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong.. I'll keep making fun of the team, but my "emotional investments" in this team are over for good. I just don't care if they win, lose or draw from now on.
I'm gonna root for the Cincinnati city council from now on instead.. who's the next prison draft pick? 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nothing changes..nothing improves and nobody gets the hook and when they do they just hire dumber than the one they fired. 
Thinking about getting my mind away from this mess I have a big job this week to fix up a big house in a high dollar neighborhood full of rotting windows.. maybe I'll buy the team with the proceeds.. Yeah...right..lol

Ok, gramps...Let's look at this from a big picture standpoint:  

Did you expect Burrow to come in as a rookie and win the Super Bowl? No one did.  But we wanted better than 2 wins and a tie, right?  Look at the first few games of the year:

Screwed by refs against Chargers
Stupid decisions and a whiff by a lineman cost them the Philly game
Second Browns game was just pathetic defense
Colts game led 21-0 and couldn't hold it
Would have pounded Washington if Burrow doesn't go down
Would win at least 2 of NYG, Dallas, Miami, Houston games

Take that final two wins and just two of the previous 5 above it and you have a six win team.  That is about what everyone expected.

We are ready to kill Anarumo and the infamous "anonymous player" has reared his ugly head.  

Look at how they played in the Baltimore game.  The Tennessee game.  The Wash game.  And those games didn't have Reader or Waynes, the two big FA on the defense.  Dunlap was a joke this year, and Atkins has provided nothing.  That is four of your top 6 players on defense giving you nothing....(I put WJIII and Bates in the top 6 if you are wondering who the other two are).  I am not saying they are good, but they have at least been showing signs of improvement and he is doing that with substantial playing time coming from rookies Kareem, Logan, and ADG.  Bates has been insane.  WJIII has been inconsistent.  Overall, they have been below average, but I like what I am seeing from the young players and now that Hubbard is back, there might be a little more pass rush (there was against wash) because you can't just focus on Lawson.  

Get some help in the middle to pair with Reader (in the draft) and maybe another pass rusher and this defense with Waynes and WJIII back there will be a different story.

What about the offense?  They scored 27, 34, and 31 against Indy, Cleveland, and Tennessee.  They were on a roll, but for some reason they forgot how to screen against a pitt team in harsh conditions.  They have shown they can put up points, but against the best defenses, it is simply too easy to shut down Boyd and Higgins when those are your two main weapons.  A player like Jamar Chase would go a long way to opening up this offense to what they thought John Ross could do.  

Sign Joe Thuney as a FA, maybe Spain, XSF, or Finney shows enough to be the LG for next season and off you go.  Burrow will be back and ready for week 1 and he will be more determined than ever.  I just read that Booger McFarland thinks the Bengals should sit out Burrow the 2021 season.  Sure, Booger, I bet the league would love not having to deal with Burrow while his rookie deal gets closer to expiring.  I like Booger, but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...and this is an election year.

Burrow is used to having people doubt him.  He will prove them all wrong, again.  

It is frustrating beyond belief, but I am telling you this team will be back next year and they will be contending for our division, which just happens to be the toughest in the league.  Don't give up on them now.  They have the QB.  They will have more weapons.  They will get healthy.  And they will contend.....NEXT YEAR.  
Reply/Quote
I know how you feel gramps. Cry

However I'm not stopping being a Bengals fan. My interest in whatever the rest of Zac Taylors career is is like a minus 1,000 on a scale of 1-10. I highly doubt I watch more that a few minutes of the rest of this season.

And really I doubt my interest in any Mike Brown led team goes up above minus 500. I was a fan way before Mikey took over and I'll be back when he's gone.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, gramps...Let's look at this from a big picture standpoint:  

Did you expect Burrow to come in as a rookie and win the Super Bowl? No one did.  But we wanted better than 2 wins and a tie, right?  Look at the first few games of the year:

Screwed by refs against Chargers
Stupid decisions and a whiff by a lineman cost them the Philly game
Second Browns game was just pathetic defense
Colts game led 21-0 and couldn't hold it
Would have pounded Washington if Burrow doesn't go down
Would win at least 2 of NYG, Dallas, Miami, Houston games

Take that final two wins and just two of the previous 5 above it and you have a six win team.  That is about what everyone expected.

We are ready to kill Anarumo and the infamous "anonymous player" has reared his ugly head.  

Look at how they played in the Baltimore game.  The Tennessee game.  The Wash game.  And those games didn't have Reader or Waynes, the two big FA on the defense.  Dunlap was a joke this year, and Atkins has provided nothing.  That is four of your top 6 players on defense giving you nothing....(I put WJIII and Bates in the top 6 if you are wondering who the other two are).  I am not saying they are good, but they have at least been showing signs of improvement and he is doing that with substantial playing time coming from rookies Kareem, Logan, and ADG.  Bates has been insane.  WJIII has been inconsistent.  Overall, they have been below average, but I like what I am seeing from the young players and now that Hubbard is back, there might be a little more pass rush (there was against wash) because you can't just focus on Lawson.  

Get some help in the middle to pair with Reader (in the draft) and maybe another pass rusher and this defense with Waynes and WJIII back there will be a different story.

What about the offense?  They scored 27, 34, and 31 against Indy, Cleveland, and Tennessee.  They were on a roll, but for some reason they forgot how to screen against a pitt team in harsh conditions.  They have shown they can put up points, but against the best defenses, it is simply too easy to shut down Boyd and Higgins when those are your two main weapons.  A player like Jamar Chase would go a long way to opening up this offense to what they thought John Ross could do.  

Sign Joe Thuney as a FA, maybe Spain, XSF, or Finney shows enough to be the LG for next season and off you go.  Burrow will be back and ready for week 1 and he will be more determined than ever.  I just read that Booger McFarland thinks the Bengals should sit out Burrow the 2021 season.  Sure, Booger, I bet the league would love not having to deal with Burrow while his rookie deal gets closer to expiring.  I like Booger, but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...and this is an election year.

Burrow is used to having people doubt him.  He will prove them all wrong, again.  

It is frustrating beyond belief, but I am telling you this team will be back next year and they will be contending for our division, which just happens to be the toughest in the league.  Don't give up on them now.  They have the QB.  They will have more weapons.  They will get healthy.  And they will contend.....NEXT YEAR.  

I admire your optimism (spin)... Every team in the NFL is juuuust this close. The bad teams never make it happen though. Ifs, buts, coulda, shoulda... I'm not quitting like Gramps, but I'm not blocking the door of those that want to.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:14 PM)jason Wrote: I admire your optimism (spin)... Every team in the NFL is juuuust this close. The bad teams never make it happen though. Ifs, buts, coulda, shoulda... I'm not quitting like Gramps, but I'm not blocking the door of those that want to.

I'm not blocking the door, but just trying to show there are things to be encouraged about and not to let all the discouraging things weigh you down.  Sure there are plenty of those, but do you think it is going to keep Joe Burrow down?  I don't.  And for that reason alone, there is optimism.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:14 PM)jason Wrote: I admire your optimism (spin)... Every team in the NFL is juuuust this close. The bad teams never make it happen though. Ifs, buts, coulda, shoulda... I'm not quitting like Gramps, but I'm not blocking the door of those that want to.

Yep, I can't blame anybody for giving up on this sad, sad, bunch of idiots. The F.O. owner, and coaching I mean of course.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know how you feel gramps. Cry

However I'm not stopping being a Bengals fan. My interest in whatever the rest of Zac Taylors career is is like a minus 1,000 on a scale of 1-10. I highly doubt I watch more that a few minutes of the rest of this season.

And really I doubt my interest in any Mike Brown led team goes up above minus 500. I was a fan way before Mikey took over and I'll be back when he's gone.

You know that Cowboys game is gonna be interesting... I'll probably be "busy" during the rest of them. Not really outta spite. I just can't justify spending 3 hours (on a bad product) on a Sunday that could be spent doing something my kid enjoys.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:18 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not blocking the door, but just trying to show there are things to be encouraged about and not to let all the discouraging things weigh you down.  Sure there are plenty of those, but do you think it is going to keep Joe Burrow down?  I don't.  And for that reason alone, there is optimism.  

Joe Burrrow can not overcome the ineptitude of Mike, Katie and Duke. His left knee would agree.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:20 PM)jason Wrote: You know that Cowboys game is gonna be interesting... I'll probably be "busy" during the rest of them. Not really outta spite. I just can't justify spending 3 hours (on a bad product) on a Sunday that could be spent doing something my kid enjoys.

Yes I may watch some of the Cowboys, I hope Dalton does well. Wouldn't it be something if the boys somehow get it together win their division and Dalton leads them to a playoff victory. I highly doubt they're going any further.

And yes I'll have plenty of stuff better to do than watch ZT and his QB get outcoached and outplayed.
Reply/Quote
Nobody cares, Gramps...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: Don't get me wrong.. I'll keep making fun of the team, but my "emotional investments" in this team are over for good. I just don't care if they win, lose or draw from now on.
I'm gonna root for the Cincinnati city council from now on instead.. who's the next prison draft pick? 

Way too many ifs and buts......Good teams and organizations point out about one-third to one-half of what you did and actually DO something about it. There will be another long list again next year. As long as MB is involved count on it.
Reply/Quote
Okay, see you next season.

Enjoy your time off.
Reply/Quote
Well done, im team with this folks.
Reply/Quote
What? Quit? Did you quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

Reply/Quote
He's not going anywhere.

People that are throwing in the towel don't talk about it, they just do it and walk away..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:23 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Joe Burrrow can not overcome the ineptitude of Mike, Katie and Duke. His left knee would agree.

This perfectly sums up the current situation.

:andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote